xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1 Rrod Error E74 For The Second Time  (Read 49 times)

jimbee11

• Archived User
1 Rrod Error E74 For The Second Time
« on: June 08, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »

Hi

A week ago I had the e74 error come up on my tv. After some investigating I realised MS would not fix or send a replacement 360 as I only had 1 red light. I then purchased a x-clamp kit and it worked for a few days. But I thought I might aswell flash my benq drive, so I flashed the drive succesfully, and I put the 360 back together and turned it on and I have e74 1 rrod again. I'm pretty sure that I have done everything I can to remedy this except a reflow or reballing which I don't really want to do. Has anyone got any more info about this cos if not I think it's gonna get a sledge hammer over it!!!

jimbee

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 06:33:00 AM »

before you use that hammer on it, do a heatgun fix on the HANA/ANA chip, and you will be like new! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

jimbee11

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »

Thanks buddy. I don't suppose you know of a tuturial for heating up the hana chip do you? I did try the penny trick but it came back with 3 rrod and when I took it out back to the 1 rrod!

CHLSE

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »

look in the forum, there is a tut, but its pretty easy, what i always do is heat the gpu and ana area., i use a heatgun of 1800W first i do 1 minute half power, then 3 minutes on max power, let the board cool down for a while flip it over and do the other side as wel, the do the x-clamp fix. this should help, E74 is a error that almost always can be fixed.

good luck