xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2nd Rrod On Two Different Consoles  (Read 151 times)

themewin

• Archived User
2nd Rrod On Two Different Consoles
« on: May 18, 2009, 12:00:00 PM »

Ok so my original from 2006 died from rrod one day when i booted up. It just froze and then I shut down and turned back on to get the rrod. I bought a 2007 Falcon from APE and it booted up fine without my hdd. Then I plug in my hdd and try and sync my controller and when I turn it back on I get the rrod again...I have removed all cables, replugged them, removed the hdd, and nothing seems to work to get it to function. I'm at a loss now and I'm thinking it has something to do with my hdd or something. Anyone have any problems like this or know what's wrong?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

themewin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »

Also has a secondary error code of 0001 which is a power supply but is that the actual brick or in the console itself?

themewin

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »

Yes, I did use the same one. I'm thinking the same thing but I can't get a hold of anyone so I can test a different one on my system. I just checked the secondary code on the old box and it's 0102 which is totally unrelated to the psu but I'm guessing the psu crapped out at the same time the 360 did.

themewin

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »

Lol, tell me about it. I was so excited when my new 360 came in and then that quickly faded when I got the rrod my face went  to sad.gif  lol

I'll let you know what happens

themewin

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »

Alright I tried a friend's power brick and it still gave the 3 red rings. His is also a 203 watt power brick so I don't know where to go from here...

themewin

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »

I bought the box with the xclamps replaced from APE on here. He said it never had any rrod problems and he said he replaced them anyways. Would changing to a 175w power brick fix this?

themewin

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »

Ok now I'm not sure if it's 0010 code or 0001 but it also sounds like there is something loose and moving around inside the console like a little piece of something.

themewin

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »

He said that he doesn't have anything left available besides a Halo limited edition case and I'm not going to shell out even more cash for that...I think I might crack it open but I don't even know what to look for...

themewin

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »

I pretty much confirmed it's an error 0010 and since I got it from the mail it sounded like a little piece of something was rattling around. (It was packed in just a cardboard box, no cushioning or anything...) I'll open it up and take some pics.

themewin

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(foolkiller @ May 18 2009, 08:04 PM) View Post

Thant rattle your hearing is probably the orientation sensor, and its normal to sound like that.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the insight. smile.gif

themewin

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »

IPB Image

So from what I can gather from the net I am under the impression that the 0010 error code is attributed to the chip with the xbox 360 lettering on it. If you look at it, it has what seems to be a small chip on the upper lefthand corner. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? I don't see where it would have chipped off though. Am I right in my assumptions?

themewin

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »

Can't believe that this is what's going on when I bought it when the guy said it's working perfectly. I'll have to look up the method and see if it's really worth my time. I'm trying to get him to maybe refund me my money or sell me a different box....