xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New Xecuter RROD PRO Repair Kit with X-Clamps  (Read 850 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
New Xecuter RROD PRO Repair Kit with X-Clamps
« on: May 08, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | May 8 20:25 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From team-xecuter.com:

We released our original Xbox 360 RROD repair kit during Christmas 2008 - and after over 100,000 sales it has proved to be a superb success.

Of course there were still many consoles that it could not fix, and 360 modders were using an X-Clamp kit along with the Xecuter RROD kit to do a more robust repair. Naturally we wanted to make sure that our customers had the very best solution possible so we took the time to investigate the many many X-Clamp kits available and found that no two were the same, with many giving varying opinions and methods.

So we spent a week or so testing the ass out of many many different fix designs and after finding what we think is the absolute perfect solution we can now launch the Xecuter RROD PRO Repair Kit for the Xbox 360.

Not only have we included our specially formulated K-Pads for the memory chips, we have custom designed our own X-Clamp and have manufactured the bolts so that the length is the absolute precise length and thickness to offer the very very best solution.

We also include perfect sized washers and the best quality silicon paste to enable you to repair both the GPU & CPU all in one kit. All other tools are of course included.

As a test, we purchased exactley 100 RROD consoles from a games store and applied the fix to all of these. After bench testing for 7 days we have 87 consoles working perfectly with just the RROD Pro Fix, 6 others needed a DVD drive replacement and 7 could not be repaired at all - so were returned to M$ for replacements

We are very pleased with the results and believe this kit will be the definative repair kit available anywhere for the XBOX 360.

Official Site: http://team-xecuter.com

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »

More wasted money. The best fix comes with a $199 price tag and the form of a Jasper Arcade.

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ May 9 2009, 01:22 AM) *

More wasted money. The best fix comes with a $199 price tag and the form of a Jasper Arcade.

(IMG:http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1535790/2/istockphoto_1535790_i_agree.jpg)

dpbmt

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ May 9 2009, 01:22 AM) View Post

+1

sgr215

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »

Yep, I already wasted my money on the previous RROD fix awhile back. Xecuter, what happened? You used to be one of the best in the scene and now you're just trying to profit off others misfortune.  dry.gif

wlintek

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »

over 100,000 sales it has proved to be a superb success.

is the kit as good as your words?

GamerBR

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »

7 could not be repaired at all - so were returned to M$ for replacements

For replacement after opened,I see rolleyes.gif

Guily6669

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ May 9 2009, 01:22 AM) View Post

LOL

Couldnt agree more, + u will get 2 controller, cables...

+ U can mod the original case from the one that got ROD, and u can cut and do all the shit's u want, and u wont ever lose ur warranty, no u wont have to worry buying bad quality cases to mod, u have the original which is high quality...
Keep Cool

sgr215

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(GamerBR @ May 8 2009, 09:27 PM) *

For replacement after opened,I see (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

That's exactly it. The last RROD fix had suspicious wording too about it's resounding success. If I remember correctly a 100% success rate or damn close to it. It turned out to be some stickers. (or umm... "pads". The funny thing is the stickers weren't even that sticky lol) 100,000 in sales also isn't all that impressive when you consider Xecuter's image and the desperation of those with the RROD. Even if this RROD fix works it won't last long. It's like rebuilding a transmission in a car with 200,000 miles in it. You're better off using that money to help pay for a new car.

This post has been edited by sgr215: May 9 2009, 02:47 AM

diddyk

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »

I got a 40 pack of the last RROD pads to fix 10 consoles and not a single 1 worked after using them. I wonder if this will be any better. I will have to wait and see what others find out before I buy. I found out the hard way that just because team Xecuter make it doesnt mean it will work.

Boydster

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »

How do most people fix them? I have one in my closet that I plan to try to fix once my finals are over.
Is Llama's method with just bolting the heat sinks down still the way to go?

And so I can say I said something pertaining to the topic: Waste of money. They are trying to rip people off like me that don't know any better. Fortunately I do.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »

So we spent a week or so testing the ass out of many many different fix designs and after finding what we think is the absolute perfect solution we can now launch the Xecuter RROD PRO Repair Kit for the Xbox 360.
Wow!, a whole week of R&D  rolleyes.gif .
QUOTE(GamerBR @ May 9 2009, 02:27 AM) View Post

For replacement after opened,I see rolleyes.gif
Either that or 7 of the faulty consoles they bought still had their warranty seals intact and they'd rather have Microsoft refurbs than trust their dodgy repair kit.

If you have a RROD 360 that isn't under warranty then the best thing to do is part it out or sell it as a single faulty unit on eBay. Use the money you make towards buying a new Arcade. There's no permanent fix for the 3  red lights of death. Don't bother wasting your time and money trying to repair it, it will fail again.

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »

i have fixed a bunch of rrods with the tutorial on llamma.com.  all are still working fine. after the last rrod kit team xecuter came out with, this just seems pointless. i remember reading many posts from people who bought that kit saying how it didnt work any better than any other fix. others were saying they received two of the same screwdrivers.
judging from this thread, it seems people arent impressed with this 'pro' kit. lol. i wonder if team xecuter will read this thread and respond to it, as they did with the first one Here (second post down).
either way, im going to stick with the tut on llamma.com. the parts at lowes cost about $6 and it has proven to be a solid fix. i love the ck3. thats about the only thing team xecuter has done right with the 360. my opinion, of course.

sgr215

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(hyfall381 @ May 8 2009, 10:33 PM) *

i wonder if team xecuter will read this thread and respond to it, as they did with the first one

If they do I'm afraid it'll wind up with calling fellow XS members "kids", insulting our intelligence, and lastly sarcastically asking what we've done for the scene. Or at least that's usually the type of responses I've seen in the past.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I'd go ebay my RROD but I'd have to gather up the pieces of it first, lol.

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »

The way i c it is, some ppl can't afford a new 360 shit look at the economy. I've been laid off twice now in 5 months. Hell i haven't sold/modded an xbox in about 3 weeks neither,other than my brothers. And yeah that comment about sending in 7 xbox's to microshit or something of the other...wtf.....

and another thought, remember when they came back firing a message in their defense about the last shit they made, something along the lines of "we're team xectuter as soon as we put the word out xbox's poured in..." something like that, anyways this time around they had to buy 100 from a store....wtf

This post has been edited by vb_encryption_vb: May 9 2009, 04:22 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4