xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Controller Lb Getting Jammed  (Read 67 times)

aj23

• Archived User
Controller Lb Getting Jammed
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »

When I push the LB, I do not feel the tact as I do with the right, and I need to press harder for it to activate.  Upon opening the controller, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong, but does anyone know if there is maybe a simple fix for this, instead of replacing the whole button or anything like that?

woody21_1

• Archived User
Controller Lb Getting Jammed
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(aj23 @ Apr 9 2009, 03:14 AM) *
When I push the LB, I do not feel the tact as I do with the right, and I need to press harder for it to activate.  Upon opening the controller, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong, but does anyone know if there is maybe a simple fix for this, instead of replacing the whole button or anything like that?

i have come across this myself on a few controllers, the tact clicks but if you press it at a slight angle you may find its worn and wont always click, and just because it clicks doesnt mean its making a good connection within the switch.
even bending the button helps but doesnt fix it as the worn button still wont work perfectly and slowly gets worse..

i havent yet found a replacement tact (havent looked to hard really though) but would be handy as i have 2 controllers that are fine other than an iffy bumper.