xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Won't Power On, No Change In Power Brick Light  (Read 112 times)

supersdude1691

• Archived User
360 Won't Power On, No Change In Power Brick Light
« on: January 15, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure you're problem lies in those USB ports, try fixing them so they aren't shorted if possible, or unsolder them from the board.

PezDispenser

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 01:43:00 PM »

Correction/clarification:  I guess i was pretty tired by the time I finished this up...

The 360 didn't RR, it gave me 3 flashing red.  

Re-checked it today & got the secondary error code.  It's error 0001 (bad power supply).

Since this is the same [xenon] power supply that works perfectly well for my other 360...  I guess we know that one or more of: the caps at C8C1 and C8C2; the L8D1 toroid, have something to do with power regulation on the board (duh).  

Since they're right next to the CPU heatsink, it's the easy guess that it's power to or from the CPU.

If anyone's had a 360 running with just one of any of these missing, I'd sure like to know...

daveslayerv1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »

i know this post is years old but i HAVE had a xbox 360 working without a toroid!!!
it was the l8d1 toroid i bought this as a refurb..
and i thought well its not broke dont fix it so i didn't check...
and then one month later rrod!!!
opened it up and the resistor at c587 had popped and spilt it guts probs due to over-volting. then spotted that the toroid was missing and bridged with solder. so yes
working for one month biggrin.gif

oh and missing both resistors at c8c1 + c8c2 :S

freshman26

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 10:50:00 AM »

what kind of board do you have? Because on my Falcon I also don't have the c8c1 and c8c2 but I have broken my precious jtag today sad.gif and really can't find what's wrong with it.

Here is what happened: I wanted to update my system to the 14696 dash with xeBuild so dumped my nand with flash 360 with no issue, put the the console off and went to the pc to make the new image.
After the image was ready I booted my xbox with the eject button(no usb inserted), but it didn't boot into xell and I just had a black screen.
I let the console run and went on google to search why I had no xell/xellous. After I found that it was because it was connected with the hdmi(stupid me) I switched the console off and booted it back on but it gave me 3 rrod and fans where going like crazy(1 80mm, 3 40mm) I tried it again but still no luck. 3th time I pulled the cable out and had it sit for a couple off seconds before plugging back in and since then the xbox doesn't boot at all anymore.
The power brick stays orange, tried different brick, tried booting with cable, eject,.. nothing works.
I believe I killed it though I don't know how this could have happened.
I opened the console now, desoldered all the fans, tried a different rf board but no luck. I'm looking now if there is something burnt or broken but don't really know where to start.
Also don't have a multi meter atm so can't really check voltages.
Anything you can help me with would be appreciated.