xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Team Hybrid's Ultimate X-clamp Fix  (Read 1427 times)

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
Team Hybrid's Ultimate X-clamp Fix
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »

Hello folks.

The day you have all waited for has finally come(I hope so at least wink.gif).
After 7 months of development we are finally at the end of our path, all pictures were taken, all videos made, all tutorials written and translated smile.gif.
It was a fun but often also quite stressy time, the time differences were not always easy for us.
By us I am referring to humboldt111502(CA/ USA), M2X(Iran tongue.gif) and me Wilhelm(Germany).

We have not only developed a new sort of X-Clamp Fix we have also discovered some new design flaws that are up to this moment still unknown and which might make some people at M$ a bit nervous since they are so obvious.
Thats one of the reasons why our Proof of Concept is so long so, congrats if you can make it through this "little" proposal.

We have taken a lot of information from NASA research so I just wanted to say thanks for that and another nice thing to add is as I think that the NASA visited out website last week and seems to be interested in hybrid  ohmy.gif

Heres the proof from the log of the server:

host.jsc.nasa.gov - - [01/Dec/2008:20:42:08 +0100] "GET /e/pics/logo_small.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 12408 "http://xbox-experts.com/e/tutorial.php?n=hybrid" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"
host.jsc.nasa.gov - - [01/Dec/2008:20:42:08 +0100] "GET http://xbox-experts....al.php?n=hybrid HTTP/1.1" 200 12408 "http://xbox-experts.com/e/tutorial.php?n=hybrid" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"
host.jsc.nasa.gov - - [01/Dec/2008:20:42:09 +0100] "GET /e/white.css HTTP/1.1" 200 2455 "http://xbox-experts.com/e/tutorial.php?n=hybrid" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"
host.jsc.nasa.gov - - [01/Dec/2008:20:42:09 +0100] "GET /e/md5.js HTTP/1.1" 200 8571 "http://xbox-experts.com/e/tutorial.php?n=hybrid" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"

The 3D animation is great even though I couldnt use the mainboard scans that RDC gave me, thanks again.
As I am talking about the video right now, actually I think we might have a little traffic problem as we only got 250GB traffic per month which we will likely exceed so I would really, really appreciate if somebody who got 30MB of webspace and some traffic that he doesnt need could help us with the hosting of the video, this would be awesome, just send me a PM please  sad.gif

If you have followed the development you will know that there are going to be two versions of this fix, the "homemade" version and the "advanced" version , the homemade can be done by everybody at low costs for material, the "advanced" is going to be better but you will have to buy some additional parts, which we will buy in bulk in order to sell it cheaper.
The "homemade" version is released with this fix, the "advanced" will follow in January if all goes well.

For the ones who are interested here is the link to our development directory where we posted all our thought pictures and what so ever -> DEV-library(it is https so if it asks you to accept a certificate select yes, it is safe...)

I dont want to speak too much now and I actually dont know what else to add so I will just post the link to the tutorial now smile.gif
Here you go ->

IPB Image English: Team HYBRID's Ultimate X-Clamp Fix

IPB Image German/Deutsch: Team HYBRID's Ultimatives X-Clamp Fix

We hope that you like it and that it will work for you as well as it did for us.

Thanks go out to everybody involved who made this possible, you know who you are...

Cheers,
Humboldt, M2X and Wilhelm

paveynick

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »

Just having a read. very well done, thumbs up. My US model has just started freezing again so this couldn't of come at a better time.

Is it me though or are some of the pictures not showing?

bonzof.pl

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »

Not hybrids, but credit card turial.
Hybryd am reading.

This post has been edited by bonzof.pl: Dec 13 2008, 09:53 PM

paveynick

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »

Łączą, nikt waszych komunikatów (stanowisko) wyrabiają wszelkie poczucie. Nie będący (istnienie) okropny, ale nikt rozumie.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by paveynick: Dec 13 2008, 10:34 PM

bonzof.pl

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(paveynick @ Dec 13 2008, 11:10 PM) View Post

Łączą, nikt waszych komunikatów (stanowisko) wyrabiają wszelkie poczucie. Nie będący (istnienie) okropny, ale nikt rozumie.
smile.gif

Hybryd Cu is http://www.mojagener...55820#slideshow
New reading Al aluminium foto.(oryginal heatsink and pack.)
Wilhelm turial credit card.
sorry translate google.

Mholt215

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »

Dang this is alot of work just to fix a stupid xbox and microsofts stupid design flaws haha I bet people are gonna make this into a service and change 50$ for it.

But on the other hand, this sounds like it works and from all the pictures it makes sense.

bonzof.pl

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »

Turial Hybryd Al =10$ and 1/2 hours job.
 80%reading foto.
3day
subject-change its name to the credit card

This post has been edited by bonzof.pl: Dec 13 2008, 11:30 PM

wyldstallions

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 03:59:00 PM »

Great stuff another step forwards in keeping these things running.

I also found my chassis pegs were too high, its easy to see if you take the rear fans out, the pcb is bowed upwards in the middle even if fully pressed down against the peg. I took a hammer to mine though then bolted the pcb up separately (not using the dvd and case to push it down). Glad someone else found this and I'm not nuts!!

I guess the chassis is a very cheap part and there is probably a tolerance of +/- 10% which is pretty common. So probably each one is different.

Onimu

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »

Great post.. I'm glad to find what's different

kinetix2006

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 09:37:00 PM »

Awesome job guys, just show's how shoddy MS's design process was, I'll be trying this out tomorrow.

Millerboy3

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 11:46:00 PM »

great job i cant wait to try this tomorrow!!!

kinetix2006

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »

Okay, just done this, heat gun, and 12V fan and seems to be working for now (has been giving me error 0102 for the past 2 days), gonna have a session on fallout tonight and see how it goes... thanks for the tut  biggrin.gif

dotfortun3

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »

Awesome! I do not have the RRoD but I am gonna do this just to prevent it from happening!

Thanks!

killamayne

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 03:03:00 AM »

WOW!! amazing work!! alot of work and thinking

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Bonzo as always I got no idea what the hell you are trying to say but thanks though  huh.gif

So far the video has caused about 60 gigs of traffic so I decided to change the script slightly.
Everybody who sees the video the first time will automatically see it in high resolution, everybody who revisits the page will get the high quality version of the video that I uploaded to Youtube.
If you want to watch the high reolution version just click the link under the video("High").

For people who want to copy the tutorial for their website, you can do that but add a link back to the orignal and please use the version with the youtube link...

The changes will be applied tomorrow.

Cheers,
Wilhelm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10