xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Serious Problem With 360  (Read 89 times)

sakis890

• Archived User
Serious Problem With 360
« on: September 27, 2008, 07:33:00 AM »

i have my 360 from november 05 launch.after 2 years in november 07 my 360 got the three red lights of death.i fixed by cleaning the bad paste.in march 08 while i was playing weird green colours started appearing on my screen.after closing my 360 and i opened it i was hearing sound but no picture.i opened it and i removed the fan for some minutes in order to do the 2 red lights and i inserted it again.again it only lasted for 2 hours before the green colours started to appear again.when i turn on my 360 i can hear my fan becoming more and more louder with the seconds and when it gets really noisy the green colous appear and that is when i am in the dashboard only.when i play a game red blue and green colours are appearing.someone told me that my 360 is getting really hot.i dont know what to do.can anyone help me?

PilknDunn

• Archived User
Serious Problem With 360
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »

Try doing the X-Clamp Replacement, and redoing the thermal paste, and a 12v fan mod (If you can handle the noise).. That should fix the problem..

owchar

• Archived User
Serious Problem With 360
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

if your having problems with weird images i would suggest getting a heatgun and heating up the hana/ana chip and the gpu/cpu while your at it  you can find that tut in the Xbox360 General / Hardware Chat section