xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2 Xboxs 2 Problems  (Read 101 times)

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
2 Xboxs 2 Problems
« on: September 10, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(XxLos139xX @ Sep 10 2008, 08:56 AM) View Post

hey wats up i have one xbox that went down with the RROd but i fixed with the xclamp now my dvd drive doesnt work it wont open and the xbox doesnt load past the 360 sign with the sound also when i hit the open button th power light only blinks one time help?

also my second problem is with my second xbox it turns on ihear sound but no video can anybody help?

thanks in advance!

Make sure the dvd-drive is connected properly and what was the initial error code of the rod?

The DVD-drive might be in MODEB as well, does it eject after a second press of the eject button?

For the no video one do that -> E74

CHLSE

• Archived User
2 Xboxs 2 Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »

you need to follow the tut for repairing the E74 error that is what he means. The E74 and the nog image problem are very closely related. So this will do the trick.

and for the other xbox it sounds like it freezes. so a x-clamp fix is required. To be sure heatgun the gpu area on the bottom and top. i always do that in these ocasions. It gives the best result.

Good luck

XxLos139xX

• Archived User
2 Xboxs 2 Problems
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(CHLSE @ Sep 10 2008, 04:07 PM) View Post

and for the other xbox it sounds like it freezes. so a x-clamp fix is required. To be sure heatgun the gpu area on the bottom and top. i always do that in these ocasions. It gives the best result.

Good luck

i did the x clamp for this xbox and it doesnt freeze because it loads up without the dvd drive connected it has something to do with the drive

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
2 Xboxs 2 Problems
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 11:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(XxLos139xX @ Sep 11 2008, 07:22 AM) View Post

i did the x clamp for this xbox and it doesnt freeze because it loads up without the dvd drive connected it has something to do with the drive

Swap it with the other 360s then, just for a test to make sure it is not Southbridge related.
If it isnt you will have to get a new drive...

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
2 Xboxs 2 Problems
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(XxLos139xX @ Sep 11 2008, 10:22 AM) View Post

to different drives but i tried anyways got the same results

Guess you will have to reflow the Soutbridge then, you can find some info on it here
-> 0021

XxLos139xX

• Archived User
2 Xboxs 2 Problems
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »

im sorry for asking all these question but i got these xboxs for free just trying to fix them im new at the xbox scene even though i already own one i was always into psp modding over at acidmods.com and just felt as if these two xboxs could start my xbox modding up, so sorry if i sound annoying !

alright i got the dvd drive to work but now i guess my lens ain't reading because i`ll put in the game and it will only spin but the lens will turn red but no reading also can i switch the lens between different drive like a

TS-H943 MS 28

With A

GDR-3120L

Arakon

• Archived User
2 Xboxs 2 Problems
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 11:50:00 PM »

samsung and hitachi use the same laser units.

XxLos139xX

• Archived User
2 Xboxs 2 Problems
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 01:47:00 AM »

alright i got the dvd drive to work and everything looks fine thanks but i dont know what ill be doign with that other xbox !

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
2 Xboxs 2 Problems
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(XxLos139xX @ Sep 12 2008, 10:23 AM) View Post

alright i got the dvd drive to work and everything looks fine thanks but i dont know what ill be doign with that other xbox !

Sell it on Ebay!
Or repair it as well and then do whatever you want with it...
Like get a new dvd-drive for like 40$ from Ebay..