xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2 Hdds Not Working After Pc Connection  (Read 132 times)

dj_liss

• Archived User
2 Hdds Not Working After Pc Connection
« on: February 03, 2020, 04:29:00 PM »

Hi all,

A while since i have posted here (very busy life!!!! lol) but iam sure someone can help me.
I have just  got my hands on a 120 hdd so i thaught i would download 360 xplorer and transfer all that sh*t. So i dismantled both hdds and made a backup of my 20 hdd, i then extacted the folders to desktop out of the backup and put the folders back in the partitions on the 120 hdd..........and now none of them work on the console but can read and wrote to on the pc with 360 xplorer! what has happened?? i do not understand, has anyone else had this problem? please please help, Paul.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 05:06:00 PM »

There's a reason the M$ 120gb HDD comes with the Transfer cable, you can't do it how you tried it. If this HDD isn't even an official 120gb M$ one then you really can't do it that way and need to search the forums and Google for the answer to that, start off with 'hddhackr' if that's the case.

dj_liss

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 05:28:00 PM »

thanx for the fast reply both hdds are official 1s the 20 is a maxtor and the 120 is a fujitsu if that helps???? cant seem to find any answers on google, and all i did off the 20 was make a backup!!!! has windows somehow screwed the boot sector or the disk key? is there a linux app that can reset the disk key or reformat it with?

This post has been edited by dj_liss: Today, 01:34 AM

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:49:00 PM »

i beleive XP writes its own signiture to the MBR once the HDD is connected to the PC. i hope you did a image backup of your HDD and not jsut extracted the folders.

have you tried formatting the HDD using the 360?

dj_liss

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 03:15:00 AM »

the console does not see either of the drives and i did do a backup on the 20 so i will try to resore that later could i use kill disk to wipe the mbr and partitions off and will the 360 see the drive again? really stuck on this 1 thanx for all the input already, hope i can get there as i cant load any saves cos i no longer have any storage devices, just when gta4 was getting interesting!!!!
one thaught is the mbr on the original xbox the same format as the 360 as i have a linux system rescue cd with a program called gparted on it this has an option to set the disk key i think it is (or called someting simalar as i remember) to an xbox one, it can also set it as msdos (for fat and ntfs), and a few others i dont remember, could this work?
i shall give it a try and keep you all posted i have nothing to lose now i suppose, just cant belive no one else has had this, ver weird!!

This post has been edited by dj_liss: Today, 11:23 AM