xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: [help] Xenon Board & 60mm Noiseblocker Fan Issue  (Read 114 times)

Guilty's_Park

• Archived User
[help] Xenon Board & 60mm Noiseblocker Fan Issue
« on: January 16, 2013, 06:34:00 AM »

Where are you drawing power from? Did you leave the fan shroud in or did you take it out? The fact that you're getting 90+ leads me to believe either the fans aren't getting 12v or your airflow is out of wack.

I'm not gonna tell you to copy me, but just take a look at what I did:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=745398

When I leave the Talismoon fans on their lowest setting, it's quiet and doesn't go above 70/60 degrees. I'm not sure what version heatsinks you have, but if it's version 2 gpu you could put one fan on the heatpipe extension and the other in front of the cpu like I did. Putting pieces of cardboard over top the heatsinks to direct airflow (which I am planning to add to my cpu heatsink) helps as well.

I'd still like to know where you're drawing the power from because that seems like it would be the issue if you don't think the fans are spinning fast enough, but I would suggest you do something similar to what I did, but instead of the GPU fan, just put a piece of cardboard since I'm sure you still have your dvd drive in. If you don't have the gpu heatsink with the extension you could put the extra fan on the side as an intake.