xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 165ds Pcb Options / Possible To Kamikaze?  (Read 300 times)

hardie

• Archived User

ozman911

• Archived User
165ds Pcb Options / Possible To Kamikaze?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 08:23:00 AM »

yes yes, Ive read that and countless other guides.  I was just looking for some confirmation that the pcb was the only option.  I think ill be waiting till something else comes out.  Im not dropping another $200 for the boards and X360.  

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »

Your only option is to get that PCB or just get a Coolrunner CR3 Lite or flash a DGX to RGX and leave your system RGH but lose XBOX LIVE, but then you can play off USB hard drive.

You can also RGH it and get a D4S PCB for cheaper and just make a few changes in your hacked NAND image to work with the DVD key that was on the original PCB or get a Xecuter D4s PCB replacement.

Probably wont be any other way to do it unless its discovered by someone don't know if TX will invest time into finding another way or not because people have to buy 1-3 products of theirs to mod their drive now, depending on if they already have the needed tools on hand or not to mod the drives.  The price will probably eventually drop to like $50, but it could be several months before that happens, the replacement D4s boards they released were initially highly priced $60-70, but after some months on the market the price dropped to $40-50 range and now D4S original locked boards are $30 on ebay, so I often use those instead if a system is RGH and needs a new drive or has a D5S drive in it.

ozman911

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ May 10 2013, 02:51 PM) View Post

Your only option is to get that PCB or just get a Coolrunner CR3 Lite or flash a DGX to RGX and leave your system RGH but lose XBOX LIVE, but then you can play off USB hard drive.

You can also RGH it and get a D4S PCB for cheaper and just make a few changes in your hacked NAND image to work with the DVD key that was on the original PCB or get a Xecuter D4s PCB replacement.

Probably wont be any other way to do it unless its discovered by someone don't know if TX will invest time into finding another way or not because people have to buy 1-3 products of theirs to mod their drive now, depending on if they already have the needed tools on hand or not to mod the drives.  The price will probably eventually drop to like $50, but it could be several months before that happens, the replacement D4s boards they released were initially highly priced $60-70, but after some months on the market the price dropped to $40-50 range and now D4S original locked boards are $30 on ebay, so I often use those instead if a system is RGH and needs a new drive or has a D5S drive in it.

Now that is an answer! Thank you for the info.  Getting rid of Live on one of them is not an option so it looks like I will be selling it stock.  The 1532 however is going to get RGH.  Ive already got an Elite Phat with LT 3.0 so all will be good.  I can see $50 MAX for these boards but Ive already dropped to much on glitch chips, programmers, qsb boards, etc.  $70 is just pushing a little to far in my opinion.  Ive already done the key extraction on the 1175 box so If the person that buys the system wants to pay for the board Ill put it in for them.  

Thanks a million for the info!