xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Halo Cache  (Read 106 times)

jeebwise

• Archived User
Halo Cache
« on: December 20, 2004, 10:29:00 AM »

Why would halo stop cacheing the files on the xbox.  It used to.  I run the level, play it for a bit and then i have just tried turing the xbox off or ending the game and turning the xbox off.  Either way it leaves nothing behind.  Does anyone have an answer for the problem.

I need it so I can use the editor I have.

This post has been edited by jeebwise: Dec 20 2004, 06:30 PM

jeebwise

• Archived User
Halo Cache
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »

After no help, I figured it out and if anyone in the future has this problem, just play a couple of levels of single player mode and do a save and quit and it should start cacheing again.

jeebwise

• Archived User
Halo Cache
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

After no help, I figured it out and if anyone in the future has this problem, just play a couple of levels of single player mode and do a save and quit and it should start cacheing again.

midas

• Archived User
Halo Cache
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 01:19:00 AM »

I had this problem too. Isn't there a way to just delete some files from the HD instead of having to play a couple of levels? (i think you are just overwriting some cache somewhere)

PS my problem exactly -  I boot halo and load blood gulch, then i IGR to avalaunch and load up HCE. but it says that it can't find a cache. i will try this, but there should be a easier way . . . .,

Sephiroth_

• Archived User
Halo Cache
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »

It doesn't always cache in the same location, but it's always either in x y or z. Just clear out those 3 folders and run Halo again. It's not possible for the game to run, but not produce a cache file.

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
Halo Cache
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »

You can also try the refresh button. FlashFXP will not allways refresh itself os you may need to manualy do it. I had that exact problem back in the days of halo 1