xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Options For 0225 Chipsets  (Read 79 times)

360fan123

• Archived User
Options For 0225 Chipsets
« on: October 19, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(metal_hed @ Oct 19 2011, 09:59 PM) View Post

Hello all,

I want to double check some info i read from the JF tutorial. So after i slim key the drive and get the key, there are 3 options for writing a CFW:

1. Use a replacement PCB/Pro-kit modified PCB
2. Use a spare 9504 PCB
3. Unlock the PCB
Now i wanted to ask if these 3 options are applicable to both the MXIC and Winbond chipsets, as in can i buy a pro-kit modified PCB and it should work no matter the chipset? Can i use a spare 9504 on both?

Obviously unlocking them will work for both  rolleyes.gif  but what about the other 2 options? For the pro-kit modified pcb this would be what the guide is referring to correct?

https://www.modchip....r...=284&page=1
Thanks in advance for the info, i just want to make sure i know my options 100% before i continue!

The replacement pcb works regardless of chipset. Spare PCB, couldn't be sure.
Look on the Team-Xecuter forums for the best tutorial on using the unlocked PCB.

Spark

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(360fan123 @ Oct 19 2011, 11:09 PM) View Post

The replacement pcb works regardless of chipset. Spare PCB, couldn't be sure.
Look on the Team-Xecuter forums for the best tutorial on using the unlocked PCB.

9504 boards work too as long as they are unlocked.

metal_hed

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »

Thanks for the info guys. The kamakazie method looks easy from the videos i have seen but i am not sure if i trust myself with it. And with things like this i have learned if you don't feel 100% sure, you shouldn't try it!

I may just get the pro-kit and try it anyways. This way though at least i have a spare waiting which i can then just flash with the my key and CFW