xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: C4E's iXtreme Burner Max in association with Team Jungle and Team Xecu  (Read 1699 times)

zyo

• Archived User
C4E's iXtreme Burner Max in association with Team Jungle and Team Xecu
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 04:35:00 AM »

probably will be a liteon

lity is the old brand that produces the same drive with different firmwares (thus different models that support lightscribe, labelfish etc)

Wamphyri2b

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 05:17:00 AM »

I hope TDK dl disc's will be supported soon. I have maybe 1 out of 200 that doesn't burn right. I'll buy the verbatims if need be, but for the money I'd much rather go with TDK. I wonder if it's a LG drive. I've got multiple models laying around. I had a number of problems burning back-ups with Lite-on drives, but the LG's I switched to a couple years ago are still burning great.

Why is everyone so worried about the AP2.5 data on XGD3 discs? If 0800v3 rips the full iso, wouldn't that include the full AP2.5 data that's checked for & not checked for yet? Now that this full burn solution is coming, doesn't that mean ALL the AP2.5 checks are covered?

madusmacus

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 05:24:00 AM »

How long are these backups going to last if you write to every tiny bit of the dvd on the outer edge :¬(
Im sure that area is very susceptible to read/write errors etc. But...
Maybe burners and media are far better than in old xbox1 days :¬)

Bad_Ad

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 05:26:00 AM »

Could be sony. The sony optiarc drives do the best burns on DL verbs. Better than all 3 of my pioneers (112, 215, 216).

Yes, I am one of those people from cdfreaks that does scans of media - so I know its the best of the 4.

Pioneer is better for all other media tho. (and is still fanastic for the verbs, the optiarc is just better)

Liteon's are pretty shit writers - but they are amazing readers. (I have one of those too, just for doing the scans)

bpear96

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 05:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Nillaz @ Oct 13 2011, 07:29 AM) View Post

I'm thinking the same.

I hope your right smile.gif, i just received my liteon drive from newegg yesterday, if i knew this was coming i would have waited. It was $20 so it meets there price range of under $25. But Anyway this and c4eva are awesome.
Looks like ill have to get a pack of verbatims soo though tongue.gif

funksoulbrother

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 05:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wamphyri2b @ Oct 13 2011, 12:17 PM) View Post
Why is everyone so worried about the AP2.5 data on XGD3 discs? If 0800v3 rips the full iso, wouldn't that include the full AP2.5 data that's checked for & not checked for yet? Now that this full burn solution is coming, doesn't that mean ALL the AP2.5 checks are covered?

To use the 0800 firmware you need the dae.bin file from the current version of the dashboard, so as soon as a new dae.bin file is available then the discs would either need to be re-ripped or re-patched with abgx360 (once it supports XGD3 ISOs) and reburned.

That's why I'm going to switch to an ODDE at some point, cos you don't have to burn discs at all nor do you have to patch ISOs when the DAE table is updated. You just drop the latest dae.bin file to your drive and it's handled for you. The money you'd save in Verbatim discs (which are about £20 for 25) would easily pay for the hardware over time. I guess the main issue there is Xbox Live safety, but personally I don't care about that.

turk3y

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 05:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wamphyri2b @ Oct 13 2011, 12:17 PM) View Post

I hope TDK dl disc's will be supported soon. I have maybe 1 out of 200 that doesn't burn right. I'll buy the verbatims if need be, but for the money I'd much rather go with TDK. I wonder if it's a LG drive. I've got multiple models laying around. I had a number of problems burning back-ups with Lite-on drives, but the LG's I switched to a couple years ago are still burning great.

by this logic the old XGD2 disks would not have required specifically ripped Security Sectors as they had the full game data....

Wamphyri2b

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2011, 05:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(funksoulbrother @ Oct 13 2011, 07:30 AM) View Post

To use the 0800 firmware you need the dae.bin file from the current version of the dashboard, so as soon as a new dae.bin file is available then the discs would either need to be re-ripped or re-patched with abgx360 (once it supports XGD3 ISOs) and reburned.

I know you need the dae.bin but I thought that was for id/verification purposes. If it's not ripping all the AP2.5 data (both checked for & not checked for yet), then how can it be a full iso rip?

tullyfish

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2011, 05:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wamphyri2b @ Oct 13 2011, 12:39 PM) View Post

I know you need the dae.bin but I thought that was for id/verification purposes. If it's not ripping all the AP2.5 data (both checked for & not checked for yet), then how can it be a full iso rip?

100% as in 100% of the image data.  Not 100% identical to physically pressed discs.

Wamphyri2b

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2011, 05:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(turk3y @ Oct 13 2011, 07:38 AM) View Post

by this logic the old XGD2 disks would not have required specifically ripped Security Sectors as they had the full game data....

blink.gif I am talking about the 0800v3 not the 0800v1 ripping firmware. The 0800v1 didn't do a full iso rip, hence the need for security sector verification. It's only logical.

sittingduck77

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 05:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bad_Ad @ Oct 13 2011, 01:26 PM) View Post

Could be sony. The sony optiarc drives do the best burns on DL verbs. Better than all 3 of my pioneers (112, 215, 216).

Yes, I am one of those people from cdfreaks that does scans of media - so I know its the best of the 4.

Pioneer is better for all other media tho. (and is still fanastic for the verbs, the optiarc is just better)

Liteon's are pretty shit writers - but they are amazing readers. (I have one of those too, just for doing the scans)

Ah, so you're one of the reasons I have a 100% track record when it comes to burning DL discs on my Optiarc 7200S. Thanks for being a cdfreak  biggrin.gif  My old LiteOn drives weren't half as good at writing DL backups, so I agree with you completely.

bpear96

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 05:46:00 AM »

It now says on c4eva, that the drive will be SATA,high availability , low cost and there 6 models total.

On newegg the only drive company the has ore then 5 drive is lite-on, they have 11 total, and on newegg they have 5 different IHAS models (with lighscribe,lightflash etc) theres probably one more IHAS somewhere tongue.gif , I hope it is lite-on IHAS anyways

FoneFreak

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 05:49:00 AM »

GREAT NEWS, only problem is both the drive AND the verbatim discs will be selling for stupid money soon  mad.gif

Amazing work from all at the scene tho  biggrin.gif

xD34DL1N3Rx

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 05:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Omikron199 @ Oct 13 2011, 04:50 AM) View Post

I'll be very happy if the burner is Liteon IHAS series happy.gif

+ 1 They are absolutely GREAT drives.

bpear96

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(FoneFreak @ Oct 13 2011, 12:49 PM) View Post

GREAT NEWS, only problem is bioth the drive AND the verbatim discs will be selling for stupid money soon  mad.gif

Why would a xbox hack cause products that are widely used for many other things change price?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12