xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Video For The Kamikaze Slim Winbond Unlock Using A Soldering Iron  (Read 158 times)

alanewake

• Archived User

Excellent job man, thanks a lot, did-you had any read/tray problem's with your drive after this method ??
thanks a lot for this tutorial  smile.gif  smile.gif

hardie

• Archived User
Video For The Kamikaze Slim Winbond Unlock Using A Soldering Iron
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »

Will try soon
Where did you get the butane iron from ??
Many thanks  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

alanewake

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »

Other small questions please !

Can we do-this with a normal soldernig iron ?? not the one you're talking about, if yes, do we still need the 3.3V & 100 Ohms resistor ? & what exactly this 3.3V 100 ohms do in this kamikaze hack if some peoples said that they didn't had to use-it ?

thanks a lot for your answers guys,

intensify

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(alanewake @ Aug 12 2011, 05:52 PM) View Post

Excellent job man, thanks a lot, did-you had any read/tray problem's with your drive after this method ??
thanks a lot for this tutorial  smile.gif  smile.gif

so far i havent had any problems using this method. did 10 drives so far and all 100%. i had tray error and disc reading problems using a dremel drill.

QUOTE(hardie @ Aug 12 2011, 06:49 PM) View Post

Will try soon
Where did you get the butane iron from ??
Many thanks  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

i got mine at frys electronics. but any soldering iron will do. thats just the one i have and its cordless

QUOTE(alanewake @ Aug 12 2011, 06:57 PM) View Post

Other small questions please !

Can we do-this with a normal soldernig iron ?? not the one you're talking about, if yes, do we still need the 3.3V & 100 Ohms resistor ? & what exactly this 3.3V 100 ohms do in this kamikaze hack if some peoples said that they didn't had to use-it ?

thanks a lot for your answers guys,

a normal soldering iron will work too.
if you are using jungle flasher to do this, then it might be better to use the 100ohm connected to the 3.3v power. i believe thats what triggers the BEEP in jungle flasher to get the status 0x00. if you dont use the 100ohm reisitor, you will just see the status change to 0x3 in the flash properties and thats when you stop.
using the lizard you do not need it as it will unlock without it

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »

So I finally decided that tonight is the night I try this and I thought hmmm....need to find a good video tutorial and BAM here it is. Followed the tutorial to the tee and it worked perfectly. Alot easier than I thought tongue.gif I used a soldering iron, x360USB and I removed the epoxy with heat gun and xacto knife.  Thanks  beerchug.gif

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(360newb617 @ Aug 13 2011, 01:22 AM) View Post

hmm i like this for one other reason too and that is that if you are using JF then you can presumably have the lead for the resistor screwed to the solderiron near the tip , which it would be harder to do wit a dremmel to be able to make the resistor connect to the bit without holding it there since it is spinning ,so that frees up your other hand from having to hold the resistor lead gainst the drill bit , but i have one concern though and that is wont the heatfrom the iron travel down the resistor lead into the resistor ,and possibly effect the value of resistence of the resitor? or maybe damage it? i doubt dmage it though since resisors are able to get pretty hot
so the 10 that were done with 100% success,were they all done with a lizzard and no resstor? or jf with the resistor

i was thinking that the screw that hold the tip in the iron ,the one you loosen to change tips on the iron would be the ideal place to connect the resistor lead or a wire going to it,then you can use he screw to tighten down on t

I have done 3 now, just as in the video, and I did not use a resistor at all in conjunction with the soldering iron.

Dark Mod

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »

Oh imma try this.....I have a better control with the soldering iron since I modify those scph79001 and scph90001 ps2s with the wires very close to the big IC legs....I had a feeling this method would have been better...thanks man.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(360newb617 @ Aug 13 2011, 06:20 PM) View Post

well i guess you could have a second person looking at the screen yell out STOP when they see the x00

Once you have a small hole built with the iron you really dont need to look at the chip anymore. Just put it in the hole and gently twist it back and forth while looking at the screen and stop the moment it unlocks.

This method works a charm. I did kill a test pcb at first by being a little too over zealous with the iron but have since done a few drives without issue.

Dark Mod

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(splouce @ Aug 15 2011, 01:18 PM) View Post

I just licked my finger and ran it over the hole while running unlockspi.exe and it works everytime.

You giving the drive oral?......awkward.....lol

splouce

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dark Mod @ Aug 15 2011, 06:50 PM) View Post

You giving the drive oral?......awkward.....lol

Hey whatever works right? *runs and hides in shame*

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »

Just did this with the new 1.92 Firmware (13599 dash) and I didn't even have to make a hole with the soldering Iron, It merely made a dent in the Chip and went 0x03 - I reset Jungle flasher, Re-intro-ed and wrote - relocked and booted 100% perfect!  THANK YOU!

yazzino7

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »

hi intensify is there any method more easy than the kamikase in the future thanks

intensify

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(yazzino7 @ Sep 6 2011, 06:23 AM) View Post

hi intensify is there any method more easy than the kamikase in the future thanks

who knows if there is one in the future

easiest solution right now is to buy a unlocked tx pcb if you dont want to drill a hole.

Amir1974

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »

hi little silly question want b sure before i try the solder iron . how hot  soldering iron should b before i start makeing hole thanks