xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lite On Dg-16d2s Drive  (Read 33 times)

• Archived User
Lite On Dg-16d2s Drive
« on: July 03, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »

I have read many tutorials and paid to have my drive flashed the first time due to my inability to make complete sense of all of this.  I am looking very possibly to pay, send drive off again  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

Do I have to do the MRA hack to reflash the drive?  That is very intimidating given all of the soldering.  I read the latest jungleflasher tutorial and it definitely leads me to believe this is true.

Is there anything I can do to make this process much simpler next time I have to do this if MS updated drives firmware again?

I apologize for all of the questions, I really did read a lot before posting.  Any advice or even a link to specific information for my drive would be very helpful.

Edit to change to  I read the latest jungleflasher tutorial from  I rad the latest jungleflasher tutorial

This post has been edited by 4231: Jul 3 2011, 11:35 PM

iateshaggy

• Archived User
Lite On Dg-16d2s Drive
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »

• Archived User
Lite On Dg-16d2s Drive
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »

Thank you for the reply Shaggy.  I rad the tutorial, well followed the flowchart as suggested.  I have the latest 1.9 fw now, not sure which I would use though.  None of it says DG-16D2S.

Again latest JF info say:

• ALL updated phat lite-on drives can only be dumped with MRA or PhatKey method. Any other drive can be dumped exactly as before.

Does this mean I have to cut traces and solder to reflash the drive?

This post has been edited by 4231: Jul 3 2011, 11:49 PM

iateshaggy

• Archived User
Lite On Dg-16d2s Drive
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »

no, use phatkey/pmt method.