xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Benq Lt+ Doesn't Read Any Games  (Read 107 times)

360modzrus

• Archived User
Benq Lt+ Doesn't Read Any Games
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tobeme @ Dec 29 2010, 12:33 PM) *

man who plays shiti xbox1 games seriously,and  about that pfi support you always should use good DL discs like verbatim or traxdata,not some cheap discs

Yes always used Verbatim and your not helping out much at all. When i say they dont work good in benqs and work fine in liteons it has nothing to do with disks.

Not sure if you know but Verbatim had a big huge batch of bad Dual layers going out not to long ago!

What im about to do is downgrade to v1 and see if this is the problem!

Tobeme

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(360modzrus @ Dec 29 2010, 06:51 PM) View Post

What im about to do is downgrade to v1 and see if this is the problem!

well in other words that i was trying to tell you stick with the LT+v1 that fw works perfect no need for v1.1,don;t try to fix something that;s not broken smile.gif

Takashi

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(360modzrus @ Dec 29 2010, 12:51 PM) View Post

Not sure if you know but Verbatim had a big huge batch of bad Dual layers going out not to long ago!

yeah, 2 years ago afaik

360modzrus

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tobeme @ Dec 29 2010, 12:58 PM) *

well in other words that i was trying to tell you stick with the LT+v1 that fw works perfect no need for v1.1,don;t try to fix something that;s not broken (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yea we all new it wasnt going to work with benq right???? or atleast have problems like this!
For someone that wanted  play xbox 1 games
and i always knew i wanted PFI support since day one. Whatever that is.

if you can explain what PFI is that i shouldnt of updated then i would say you were very helpful in
the thread but for now im gonna have to say please stop trolling!!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

sp44m

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »

360modzrus: Please downgrade to Lt+ 1.0 and make a comparison. Very interesting if that helps. I've searched a lot on the internet and quite a few people have problems with AP2.5 or the latest waves of games with the BenQ Lt+ 1.1 but I haven't found one yet that says if or how the problem were resolved. And the only advice people give is to tweak the laser and use good discs.

Team-Xecuter explaines PFI support:
Q: LT v1.1 has "Improved PFI Support" - What does that mean ?
A: On Writable media (our backups), the pfi data contains media specific information such as Media Code/Manufacturer ID and Media Product Revision number. Any requests via the console for this information is now redirected to the the PFI sector now at $04FB1D (360) or $0605FD (Xbox1), if it exists. If data is not present (as found with v3 backup) a separate embedded PFI is used for Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 backups. In layman's terms, improving support for pfi means more compatible media such as Arita therefore it saves you a lot of money when buying discs.

Probably no use for people that care enough to buy good media.

360modzrus

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tobeme @ Dec 29 2010, 12:33 PM) View Post

man who plays shiti xbox1 games seriously,and  about that pfi support you always should use good DL discs like verbatim or traxdata,not some cheap discs

QUOTE(sp44m @ Dec 30 2010, 03:59 AM) View Post

360modzrus: Please downgrade to Lt+ 1.0 and make a comparison. Very interesting if that helps. I've searched a lot on the internet and quite a few people have problems with AP2.5 or the latest waves of games with the BenQ Lt+ 1.1 but I haven't found one yet that says if or how the problem were resolved. And the only advice people give is to tweak the laser and use good discs.

Team-Xecuter explaines PFI support:
Probably no use for people that care enough to buy good media.

Well just downgraded on 1 xbox. Still the same!
I just cant see im the only one having trouble with all my benqs with updating to LT+1.1

rabbi

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(360modzrus @ Jan 1 2011, 02:22 AM) View Post

Well just downgraded on 1 xbox. Still the same!
I just cant see im the only one having trouble with all my benqs with updating to LT+1.1

I'm having the same issue I think. I had the same exact problem trying to upgrade to LT+ 1.1 today. After upgrading no backups will work, just the originals. Sounds like the DVD drive is griding away to read. Yes I'm using Verbatims made in Singapore and all. I went back to ixtreme LT 1.1 and everything is fine. Tried LT+ 1.0 and LT+ 1.1 and same issue old backups will no longer work. Only burned copies.

I was going to try again tomorrow just to try but seems like there are quite a few posts out there about issues with Benq.

rabbi

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(rabbi @ Jan 9 2011, 03:02 AM) View Post

I'm having the same issue I think. I had the same exact problem trying to upgrade to LT+ 1.1 today. After upgrading no backups will work, just the originals. Sounds like the DVD drive is griding away to read. Yes I'm using Verbatims made in Singapore and all. I went back to ixtreme LT 1.1 and everything is fine. Tried LT+ 1.0 and LT+ 1.1 and same issue old backups will no longer work. Only burned copies.

I was going to try again tomorrow just to try but seems like there are quite a few posts out there about issues with Benq.

Well never mind I think downgrading and it working was a coincidence. Flashed LT+ 1.1 again and now it seems like only originals will play. A really old backup I have on a Memorex DVD works, but not verbatiums go figure. Would this maybe be a symptom of the laser going? What's crazy is my old banned xbox I ripped the drive out of and it's having the same issue now when I flashed it.
Pages: 1 [2]