xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lt To Lt+ Without Orig.bin Or Key And No Mra Hack.  (Read 83 times)

tezza192

• Archived User
Lt To Lt+ Without Orig.bin Or Key And No Mra Hack.
« on: November 29, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »

For Liteon Drives only*

I hang out in #FW and it seems alot of people are trying to upgrade from LT to LT+ without original firmware or key and they are wanting to MRA their drive.

Hopefully this guide till help and avoid having to cut traces and soldering.

As you may/may not know LT was based on the 9000 series liteon fw, so once flashed only way to dump key is MRA hack, which involves trace cutting and soldering. Anyone flashing from fresh should keep their orig.bin but for whatever reason this doesn't allways happen.

About a year ago a small but extremely useful feature was added to Jungleflasher which was the key database, it essentially keeps a copy of the details when you dump any drive. Serial data, key, basically everything is stored in a log.

What this means is if you have previously flashed a drive with LT, you can verify the key on the drive with the keys in your database. JF even stores your keys in the system registry so upgrading JF versions means you dont lose your keys.

Here's a small tutorial for upgrading from LT to LT+ without your key or orig.bin,,,

*But before this there are a few pointers as this may not be for you......

1. You must flash to LT+ using the same PC as you did for LT (for obvious reasons)
2. If you have reinstalled windows since flashing LT your key database is gone as its stored in the registry.

Here is how to do it:

a. Connect your LT drive via connectivity kit and switch on.
b. Load JF
c. Go to DVDKey32 tab
c. JF verifies database against drive automatically, if found it will show in drive properties as verified and     your key will be displayed.
d.IF verified is shown you'r good to go, click on Dummy from KeyDB
e. Go you Firmtool 32 tab
f. Your drive details and key will be loaded into source.
e. Autoload LT+ and flash as per usual.

Bit long winded but hopefully will get some people out of a hole.

Tezza

This post has been edited by tezza192: Nov 30 2010, 03:53 AM

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »

Thanks for this.  I just had reason to use it and it worked  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)   I had no idea.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »

Looks a lot like THIS thread.

Little more detail maybe you should post this there as well.

Asphixiate

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »

I have reinstalled windows since that time but still have the old drive windows was installed on.  I also have all the files (no orig.bin) Dummy, identify, inquiry and key.

I am asusming I could extract the registry but what can I do with those files to avoid the MRA

GRIFFIN1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Asphixiate @ Dec 1 2010, 02:25 AM) *

I have reinstalled windows since that time but still have the old drive windows was installed on.  I also have all the files (no orig.bin) Dummy, identify, inquiry and key.

I am asusming I could extract the registry but what can I do with those files to avoid the MRA

The dummy.bin file has the key.  If you open dummy.bin as the source file in jungle flasher, then you can copy the key to the new LT+ firmware.

baughny

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »

I've used this method and I must admit it's a godsend.
Like the poster above I also installed a NEW OS but was fortunate enough to still have my old HD that I could boot from to save me the hassle of MRA. I've done a few Liteons on that HD and gave the owners of the consoles the F/W on CD.... some lose it some cherish it. I can see me swapping HD's a few times over the next couple of weeks.
With that in mind, does anyone know if it's possible to import/export the key db from JF?
Would certainly be a nice little bonus not to have to keep swapping.

stikboy73

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »

I just wanted to add that this truly does work. I had 2 lite-ons with Lt on them and ordered the vampire probe to do the MRA hack and then remembered about the key database. To my surprise after hooking these drives up to the PC that I did the hack on, both keys were verified. The downside is I still have 1 lite-on that was flashed on a PC I no longer have so I still need to do the MRA hack for that one.

But as stated in this thread if you have the PC and the same windows installation that you flashed your drive with Jungle Flasher and it was within the last year or so then there is a very good chance that your key is saved in the database. So try that first before you try the MRA hack.