xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Upgrade Liteon 9345 Firmware  (Read 84 times)

Hitokiri-Snake

• Archived User
Upgrade Liteon 9345 Firmware
« on: November 17, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »

Hello, I have flashed a few 9345 drives with the MRA method, but I just recently realized that I'm not 100% sure how to upgrade the firmware when LT+ comes out. So my question is, when flashing a 9345 drive for the second time, do I need to re-cut the traces, or at least desolder where I soldered the cuts back up? I would assume that this would be the case. It just seems like it would be harder to desolder then it was to cut the traces for the first time. Any help would be appreciated

This post has been edited by Hitokiri-Snake: Nov 18 2010, 05:06 AM

Buzzcut

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 02:07:00 AM »

Easy...hopefully you've still got the Lit_OFW you dumped from the drive so just load this up in JF as the source, load up the new LT+ as target, copy key across, save new firmware, Intro and power cycle drive, write.  When JF is updated to support LT+ the target/copy key bit should all happen automatically but you should've seen that happen already.

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 03:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ Nov 18 2010, 09:07 AM) *

Easy...hopefully you've still got the Lit_OFW you dumped from the drive so just load this up in JF as the source, load up the new LT+ as target, copy key across, save new firmware, LiteOn Erase power cycle drive, JF will suto intro, write.  When JF is updated to support LT+ the target/copy key bit should all happen automatically but you should've seen that happen already.

If you dont have lit-ofw.bin, but use the latest JF and have kept it up to date regularly, you can use the Dummy from KeyDB option.

It's all covered in the User Guide, the only thing that will change is the target firmware.

Hitokiri-Snake

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hitokiri-Snake @ Nov 17 2010, 11:06 PM) *

Hello, I have flashed a few 9345 drives with the MRA method, but I just recently realized that I'm not 100% sure how to upgrade the firmware when LT+ comes out. So my question is, when flashing a 9345 drive for the second time, do I need to re-cut the traces, or at least desolder where I soldered the cuts back up? I would assume that this would be the case. It just seems like it would be harder to desolder then it was to cut the traces for the first time. Any help would be appreciated

I have all of my original firmware files. So I don't need to use the probe v2 or anything else to get in vendor mode? It will do it just like 74850c drive? Excellent, thanks for the help

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hitokiri-Snake @ Nov 18 2010, 11:12 AM) *

I have all of my original firmware files. So I don't need to use the probe v2 or anything else to get in vendor mode? It will do it just like 74850c drive? Excellent, thanks for the help

Yup. Just load your dump files into Jungle Flasher then have it create an updated LT+ file and flash it to the drive.