xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: More Info from C4Eva: AP2.5 Trigger, SSv3, Activate AP2.5, Retail AP2.  (Read 1245 times)

bullka

• Archived User
More Info from C4Eva: AP2.5 Trigger, SSv3, Activate AP2.5, Retail AP2.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 03:07:00 AM »

C4E made everything more clear this time.

If AP25 can be activated through title updates (C4E answered "possibly"), that means that we can:

1. Update to Kinect Dashboard.
2. Play ssv2 backups as we did with LT firmware before the DB update.
3. Avoid Title updates (as they can activate AP25). And of course avoiding title updates will disconnect us from Live.
4. Don't play AP25 backups (Fifa, Fable3).

Is my summary correct?

And how we could be sure that all title updates (which we installed before Nov1) haven't activated AP25 yet? Maybe MS included AP25 activation code in all title updates in advance?

This post has been edited by bullka: Nov 3 2010, 10:15 AM

aswilbourn

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 03:27:00 AM »

DO NOT UPDATE TO THE NEW KINECT DASHBOARD! If you do that then you will be safe for now (educated guess). Just wait until C4EVA release the new LT+ firmware. Simple as that! These threads are becoming full of people asking what if I did this what if I did that and its becoming a pain having to serach through pages of post to get some meaningful information. The only person who has a definitive answer to your questions is C4EVA so any answers you get here will be either complete guesses or educated guesses but either way they will be guesses. So for now just:

DO NOT UPDATE TO THE NEW KINECT DASHBOARD AND WAIT FOR UPDATES FROM C4EVA!

This post has been edited by aswilbourn: Nov 3 2010, 10:29 AM

cryptonx

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 03:30:00 AM »

"[****] c4eva: does that mean old games that dont have ap25, that we burned, as ssv2 are safe?
[+c4eva] ****:yes "

Sorry first post here .

Does this mean that its safe to update to new Dashboard and play all my SSV2 games online ? Like Fifa 2011 and Bad Company 2 ? Halo Reach etc ???

If this is the case, please tell me .. I am missing my gold live sad.gif

Hexx

• Recovered User
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 04:17:00 AM »

READ!

In short, yes.

Gupper

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 04:20:00 AM »

Just to let you know, I have retail version of FABLE 3 and have updated to the new dash (my son did it!) I have a lite drive and the retail copy does not work. It goes straight to a disc reading error and contact MS support screen. Seems to me that the retail copy is also being flagged if used on modded firmware.

Spark

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 05:08:00 AM »

[*****] c4eva do you think it is possible that they activate ap25 with a title update on old games?
[+c4eva] possible

I think that is the scariest point there as it means that users will now have to be wary of title updates as well as dash changes, when previously title updates were fine.

You can bet Black Ops will be getting this added to it in the very near future since CoD titles are generally updated regularly anyway so they will be able to phase it in almost un-noticed. You have to hand it to Microsoft in that it's a great way to keep the pirates offline without actually going to the trouble of banning them.

QUOTE(cryptonx @ Nov 3 2010, 10:30 AM) View Post

"[****] c4eva: does that mean old games that dont have ap25, that we burned, as ssv2 are safe?
[+c4eva] ****:yes "

Sorry first post here .

Does this mean that its safe to update to new Dashboard and play all my SSV2 games online ? Like Fifa 2011 and Bad Company 2 ? Halo Reach etc ???

If this is the case, please tell me .. I am missing my gold live sad.gif

It does but it would be wise to check on here prior to installing any title updates, especially for a game like Reach.

QUOTE(aswilbourn @ Nov 3 2010, 10:27 AM) View Post

DO NOT UPDATE TO THE NEW KINECT DASHBOARD AND WAIT FOR UPDATES FROM C4EVA!

This is an update from c4eva, if people want to update to the new kernel then let them, they will just have to be very careful about what they play for a while.

I'd say for most of the people I've seen on here though, your reply is right on the money.

cryptonx

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 05:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(Spark @ Nov 3 2010, 01:08 PM) View Post

It does but it would be wise to check on here prior to installing any title updates, especially for a game like Reach.

Well generally I don't accept any titles update .. for example bad company 2 always asks me to update ( i.e there's an update available ) but I chose no and it still works online.

I only accept the LIVE updates that come with the DVD itself .. the ones that install @ the intros etc..

I never tried reach yet ... because personally i didn't enjoy Halo3 all that much ... especially that I just got it this year  (this is my first console ever since the Sega Genesis smile.gif ) and most of the halo 3 mp options are disabled cuz they want ALL THE DLC installed. . which sucks ..

so all I wanted to CONFIRM is that I can play my current games like fifa and bad company 2 for example safely online with just SSV2 patched.

edit : on Liteon/benq ( Can't tell , Don't want to remove the frontface tongue.gif )  with LT firmware

Thanks .

jokerbrazil

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 05:25:00 AM »

Why Bother to Allways Play on xboxlive with pirate games ? Would be more easy to just unlock and play offline  tongue.gif

Spark

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 06:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(jokerbrazil @ Nov 3 2010, 12:25 PM) *

Why Bother to Allways Play on xboxlive with pirate games ? Would be more easy to just unlock and play offline  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

No because offline Xbox is crap.

QUOTE(cryptonx @ Nov 3 2010, 12:14 PM) *

Thanks Hexx
Well generally I don't accept any titles update .. for example bad company 2 always asks me to update ( i.e there's an update available ) but I chose no and it still works online.

I only accept the LIVE updates that come with the DVD itself .. the ones that install @ the intros etc..

I never tried reach yet ... because personally i didn't enjoy Halo3 all that much ... especially that I just got it this year  (this is my first console ever since the Sega Genesis (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ) and most of the halo 3 mp options are disabled cuz they want ALL THE DLC installed. . which sucks ..
so all I wanted to CONFIRM is that I can play my current games like fifa and bad company 2 for example safely online with just SSV2 patched.

edit : on Liteon/benq ( Can't tell , Don't want to remove the frontface (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )  with LT firmware

Thanks .

The way that I read this, and this could just be my interpretation, is that SSV2 will be fine unless the game has AP25 activated on it via an update which will then mean that SSV3 is needed to circumvent current known checks.

Basically, if you want to play your originals of those games online right now using the LT firmware then you should be fine. If you want to play backups then that should really be done with caution.

Legion303

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 06:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(izay99 @ Nov 2 2010, 09:55 PM) View Post

Is my console flagged because of that one time not passing AP2.5?

Yep.

If so, Is it possible to reverse the flag by playing retail copy of Fable 3?

I don't see why they would have any incentive to do that.

Should I get trade-in the console before it gets ban?

Sounds like fraud to me.

aeim

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 06:42:00 AM »

[**] c4eva, it is known yet whether AP2.5 can flag you in an offline state?
[+c4eva] **:yes it can
[+c4eva] console flag

... sad.gif ... please someone tell me there is something like a flag remover... stupid curiosity i thought offline was safe... T.T

DARKFiB3R

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 06:45:00 AM »

There is no flag remover. You will be banned.

dragoscojan

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 06:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(DARKFiB3R @ Nov 3 2010, 03:45 PM) *

There is no flag remover. You will be banned.

how about dumping the nand and replacing the newest secdata.bin with an older one?

ca102455

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 06:54:00 AM »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many M$ staff spamming these forum threads.

Mods may as well close this thread, what needed to be said has been said..

aeim

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 06:56:00 AM »

.. sigh ... someone should make a flag remover.. dam haters on MS wy do they wanna ban us? we are probably like 75% of their online customers?.. back to PC gaming i guess T.T hope my PC can handle black ops
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11