xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Updates from C4E on New Dash: Update Process Seems Safe, AP2.5 Titles  (Read 2473 times)

thklinge

• Archived User
Updates from C4E on New Dash: Update Process Seems Safe, AP2.5 Titles
« Reply #315 on: November 14, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »

Got a banned console that says "disc unreadable" if I try to update the dash via retail disc (Kinect Adventures), is there a workaround?

TudorBlue

• Archived User
« Reply #316 on: November 14, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(thklinge @ Nov 14 2010, 05:26 PM) View Post

Got a banned console that says "disc unreadable" if I try to update the dash via retail disc (Kinect Adventures), is there a workaround?

Pass! I wouldnt know. I hope also hope that the team that brought out the wave patchers are hard at work on a new wave changer app/software

userix

• Archived User
« Reply #317 on: November 14, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(nutstone @ Nov 14 2010, 02:55 PM) View Post

Was it AC:B that got you flagged? Can you still load up the games offline? Any ideas if your profile is corrupted?
Sorry for all the questions got about a million of them at the mo. I have a 0078 that stays offline but i switch my profile between that and my LT elite for online. Both have clean secdata so far. I really wanna see AC:B.

No worries with the questions.  I have tons of them myself too.  yeah it was AC:B.  I can still load all my old games with no problem and some newer games that don't have AP2.5.  Profile and all old and new gamesaves still works as well, no corruption.  But then again, this console was never connected to the internet ever since I bought it, so it's not flagged server side.  Only flagged in the console with that Xval mentioned previously (00000000001).  It was stupidity on my part for trying to load AC:B because I was under the assumption that 78k hitachis do not support AP2.5 and thus wouldn't be able to throw a "AP25 challenge failed" Xval.

nutstone

• Archived User
« Reply #318 on: November 15, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(userix @ Nov 14 2010, 07:44 PM) View Post

No worries with the questions.  I have tons of them myself too.  yeah it was AC:B.  I can still load all my old games with no problem and some newer games that don't have AP2.5.  Profile and all old and new gamesaves still works as well, no corruption.  But then again, this console was never connected to the internet ever since I bought it, so it's not flagged server side.  Only flagged in the console with that Xval mentioned previously (00000000001).  It was stupidity on my part for trying to load AC:B because I was under the assumption that 78k hitachis do not support AP2.5 and thus wouldn't be able to throw a "AP25 challenge failed" Xval.

Yeah i've been led to believe 78's are ok, there's a vid on youtube showing a guy running fable 3, new dash on a 78. I guess Fable 3 doesn't work on yours? I'll wait and see for now but seeing as c4eva's not doing a hitachi LT+
I think I'll end up just doing it anyway as long as I can still swap profiles between my 2 consoles.

thklinge

• Archived User
« Reply #319 on: November 15, 2010, 12:48:00 PM »

The 360 that wouldn't install the Kinect dash is currently hooked up to my computer, reading out the nand. Someone at #fw suggested that uncripling was the way to go to get the new dash installed. It's a shitty old box and I'll be happy to do some testing with it. If I get the new dash in there I can test NFS or Fable 3 as the drive is a 78FK, produced in aug '06. I guess I will be flagged as the box is already banned, and that should make AP2.5 games unstartable, unless the drive skips AP2.5, right? So a surefire way to check if the 78FK really disregards AP2.5, from what I can gather?

nutstone

• Archived User
« Reply #320 on: November 15, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(thklinge @ Nov 15 2010, 07:48 PM) View Post

The 360 that wouldn't install the Kinect dash is currently hooked up to my computer, reading out the nand. Someone at #fw suggested that uncripling was the way to go to get the new dash installed. It's a shitty old box and I'll be happy to do some testing with it. If I get the new dash in there I can test NFS or Fable 3 as the drive is a 78FK, produced in aug '06. I guess I will be flagged as the box is already banned, and that should make AP2.5 games unstartable, unless the drive skips AP2.5, right? So a surefire way to check if the 78FK really disregards AP2.5, from what I can gather?

I'd be interested to know how you get on. Report back.

elcappo

• Archived User
« Reply #321 on: November 15, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »

I have a question... i tested FABLE 3 on a 59, 78 and 79 hitachi and IT WORKS...
The new Assassin Creed and NFS, works too?
Can someone confirm it?
THX IN ADVANCE

nevernamed

• Archived User
« Reply #322 on: November 15, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(elcappo @ Nov 15 2010, 10:22 PM) View Post

I have a question... i tested FABLE 3 on a 59, 78 and 79 hitachi and IT WORKS...
The new Assassin Creed and NFS, works too?
Can someone confirm it?
THX IN ADVANCE

Why dont you test it yourself instead of asking stupid time wasting questions, since you 'tested' fable..

elcappo

• Archived User
« Reply #323 on: November 15, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(nevernamed @ Nov 15 2010, 10:32 PM) View Post

Why dont you test it yourself instead of asking stupid time wasting questions, since you 'tested' fable..

Cause i dont have that games.

nevernamed

• Archived User
« Reply #324 on: November 15, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(elcappo @ Nov 15 2010, 10:38 PM) View Post

Cause i dont have that games.

Then it probably doesn't matter if it works or doesn't.. Does it?

And besides, isn't your drive one of the ones that doesn't do the checks?!?

godofallcows

• Archived User
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »

Does anyone know if FIFA 11 has AP2.5, I haven't heard that it does but FIFA 09 did, so I'm wondering if they kept it?

Has anyone played it safely? I really want to play it because I haven't updated yet and I need something to play offline...

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nombrrr1 @ Nov 11 2010, 12:44 AM) View Post

Heres a new thought for everyone to ponder. What happens if it take my not modded xbox 360 with the new kinect dash and put a backup game in it?

What do you think will happen? I think it says unreadable disc error and wont have a chance to flag my console because it doesnt get that far into the check... interesting stuff i think...

i'm pretty sure you are just going to get the "put this disc an xbox360 console" video file. a burned disc shouldn't get far enough in the booting process to even see an ap2.5 check

TudorBlue

• Archived User
« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(godofallcows @ Nov 16 2010, 09:16 PM) *

Does anyone know if FIFA 11 has AP2.5, I haven't heard that it does but FIFA 09 did, so I'm wondering if they kept it?

Has anyone played it safely? I really want to play it because I haven't updated yet and I need something to play offline...

Niether fifa 09 or Fifa 11 is an AP 2.5 game. Whny would Fifa 09 be an AP 2.5 and Fifa 2010 South Africa or Fifa 2011 arent? Ive played all 3 games without any trouble but that was on a banned xbox. If you want to risk playing on line then its up to you, its your choice. If you get banned then you only have yourself to blame

Pressmantrev

• Archived User
« Reply #328 on: November 17, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »

Just tested my Hitachi 59dj with kinect dash and was able to play ap25 games no problem!!! safe to say hitachi 59's are good to go and cant check ap25!!!!

userix

• Archived User
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2010, 12:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(nutstone @ Nov 15 2010, 08:18 PM) View Post

Yeah i've been led to believe 78's are ok, there's a vid on youtube showing a guy running fable 3, new dash on a 78. I guess Fable 3 doesn't work on yours? I'll wait and see for now but seeing as c4eva's not doing a hitachi LT+
I think I'll end up just doing it anyway as long as I can still swap profiles between my 2 consoles.

I am going to try fable 3 this weekend, but seeing how my Xval is flagged with a failed ap2.5 challenge, that must mean my hitachi 78k supports AP2.5
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23