xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Updates from C4E on New Dash: Update Process Seems Safe, AP2.5 Titles  (Read 2471 times)

danthaman673

• Archived User
Updates from C4E on New Dash: Update Process Seems Safe, AP2.5 Titles
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(mpq1671 @ Nov 2 2010, 12:19 AM) View Post

How?

Awesome tut written by my man thwack!:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=697231

There are apps to do it (try search) but read his tut first to get a grasp on how it's done first as the apps are better used with some knowlege behind them. (Or just get a pro 2 do it4u as it takes a fair effort, and requires a variety of skills -soldering etc..) It might be a little ambitious to try it having never done any other mods involving soldering before... But I guess you gotta learn somehow   biggrin.gif

SnAQ

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 09:00:00 AM »

Ohh my, i didnt think it would go so fast to defeat AP2.5.

Im almost tempted to update, since the Kinect dashboard looks ALOT better than 9199.

I gotta say it even though i havent followed the 360 scene for very long, but my 360 in August this year,  but this c4eva guy is the man!

But i also feel a bit sorry for him, because of all the people that will yell that it´s taking him to long to finish the LT+ process etc etc.
I for one, hope that he takes whatever time he needs in finishing this firmware so that we all can download it for free.
Dont forget that, that he is doing this FOR FREE.

So please just be patient everyone, and if you wanna be 110% sure to be able to play most games offline, Do NOT update yet.

pinkerton

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(SnAQ @ Nov 1 2010, 03:00 PM) View Post

Dont forget that, that he is doing this FOR FREE.

So please just be patient everyone, and if you wanna be 110% sure to be able to play most games offline, Do NOT update yet.

Who's moaning???

SnAQ

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(pinkerton @ Nov 1 2010, 05:03 PM) *

Who's moaning???

Well, just you wait and you´ll see what im talking about.

And i do hope you are not suggesting that im moaning.

animere

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »

So is it ok to update if you have a retail version of Fable 3 and liteon LT? Cuz what I'm understanding is that ap2.5 checks only fail on burnt games

One of the titles affected seems to be Fable III. The game boots fine from any media on the current dashboard on a 360 with modified FW, but fails to boot from recordable media on the leaked/12606 beta dashboard ["This disc is unreadable"] - while the retail disc will work just fine according to #FW@EFnet.

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(VampireKillerX @ Nov 2 2010, 12:18 AM) *

Noob question:

I don't care about xboxlive, if I update to the kinect dash via pendrive or wave 8 games, will I need to reflash my drive to play backups?

The update effects the same whether or not you do it online or via USB (it's the same package)
If by wave 8 games you mean those with AP2.5 then Yes! you will need LT+ !!

Please all, Read the whole (2 pages so far not a big ask) topic before posting, Usually around now with any topic that relates to banning or new FW ppl start spaming repetitive questions (Prolly M$ employees- who knows?) Which frustrates progress made by the 'rest' of us. I'm still hoping to hear from anyone who's had a look @ fable.xex with xextool etc.. (Notice any new media restriction flags??- Want to get some kudos by writing app to ID AP2.5??) I'm sure ppl would donate to help with time/costs etc.. (as is usually the case...)

So is it ok to update if you have a retail version of Fable 3 and liteon LT? Cuz what I'm understanding is that ap2.5 checks only fail on burnt games

That is a really good question .. I wouldn't for the time being (even tho my guess is that it will be OK)
EDIT: I stand corrected, Aparently the (retail)game will boot (so it's more than likely OK)

Brgds/Dan

This post has been edited by danthaman673: Nov 1 2010, 04:28 PM

booker21

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Nov 1 2010, 12:18 PM) *

The update effects the same whether or not you do it online or via USB (it's the same package)
If by wave 8 games you mean those with AP2.5 then Yes! you will need LT+ !!

Please all, Read the whole (2 pages so far not a big ask) topic before posting, Usually around now with any topic that relates to banning or new FW ppl start spaming repetitive questions (Prolly M$ employees- who knows?) Which frustrates progress made by the 'rest' of us. I'm still hoping to hear from anyone who's had a look @ fable.xex with xextool etc.. (Notice any new media restriction flags??- Want to get some kudos by writing app to ID AP2.5??) I'm sure ppl would donate to help with time/costs etc.. (as is usually the case...)
That is a really good question .. I wouldn't for the time being (even tho my guess is that it will be OK)
Brgds/Dan

Didn´t see anyone answer this, but..

What if you patch the backup with lower waves ?

What if you never update to new dashboard and patch the backup with lower waves  to avoid the mandatory update?

Sorry didn´t find the answer to this on the whole thread.

ProphetOfPain

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(pinkerton @ Nov 1 2010, 03:30 PM) View Post

One thing thats bugging me, Fable 3 has AP2.5 activated already, yes? Yet AP2.5 has been around on game disc's since fifa09, so whats stopping them from activating older games as well, via an update or something?
aswilbourn go there before me mentioning fifa09, I reckon MS will play it quiet and get everyone to update and then activate ap2.5 for older games as well.
That would mean a re-burn of your backup collection yet again!

umm, I may be wrong, but wouldn't updating older titles with ap2.5 be impossible?  It's burned into the factory disc which no update could possibly do, therefore any older title without ap2.5 will always be ok unless they actually remastered and sold same game with it on it, Game of the year edition, etc maybe.  But no.

C.Troy

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »

question remains when will they ban the consoles with the ap25 error. I have the error and still kickin online.

hewligun

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »

So i am a bit confused...

The update is safe. so is playing anything backed up ok outside of fifa09 and fable3 safe on the new firmware?

and is the new LT+ only for ap 2.5 checks?

brutalboy

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »

Hi There,

I using ixtreme 1.6 lite-one banned console.

If i'm updating my dashboard, can i still be able to play old game backup patched for wave 3?
Can i play new games if i'm patching them to wave 3?

I heart that this dashboard is blocking us to play backup game. this is still true?

Thank

aqswde123

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »

guys did any of you read the new terms for xbox live? is there anything fishy in there? Like auto updates(without prompt) in the future...etc etc

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »

i think everyone gets the AP2.5 stuff.

only question i got is....

can the new SSv3 checks be patched in with a application like ABGX once it's sorted out?

i mostly asked that because apparently that's the only thing stopping a AP2.5 game like Fable 3 from booting on the new BETA dashboards with a SAMSUNG XBox360 is that SSv3 stuff apparently since he said AP2.5 does not effect Samsungs which means you would think Firmware wise that current LT 1.0 on Samsungs is already good.... but since it's already known that Fable3 WONT BOOT backups on Samsung 360's (with new dashboard) that must mean it's solely a SSv3 thing.

This post has been edited by ThaCrip: Nov 1 2010, 05:07 PM

neoME

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(brutalboy @ Nov 1 2010, 04:58 PM) *

Hi There,

I using ixtreme 1.6 lite-one banned console.

If i'm updating my dashboard, can i still be able to play old game backup patched for wave 3?
Can i play new games if i'm patching them to wave 3?

I heart that this dashboard is blocking us to play backup game. this is still true?

Thank

Same question here... I'm banned and have an old FW (always patch the games to wave3).
Can I play all the games with the new protection and new dashboard?

xbox360sexual

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(neoME @ Nov 1 2010, 04:01 PM) View Post

Same question here... I'm banned and have an old FW (always patch the games to wave3).
Can I play all the games with the new protection and new dashboard?

You and all the other posters who've just joined, READ THE THREAD.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23