xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Updates from C4E on New Dash: Update Process Seems Safe, AP2.5 Titles  (Read 2470 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User

Updates from C4E on New Dash: Update Process Seems Safe, AP2.5 Titles Not, LT+ WIP
Posted by XanTium | November 1 10:06 EST | News Category: Xbox360

C4E posted some updates about the Xbox360 fall2010 dashboard security on #FW@EFnet. He reports the Update Process itself seems 'safe' atm, however that doesn't mean you can go ahead updating and booting everything you want. AP2.5 games are a problem/unsafe for sure (and we don't know exactly which titles all have or will have AP2.5 active). For the rest nothing is 100% confirmed safe atm.

[c4eva] ap2.5 already defeated, backup fable 3 running fine on beta dash! more data required for analysis!
[**] C4 are you planning on releasing the new LT+ for the old consoles? ie. not slim?
[c4eva]  **:yes

[***] c4eva, is it confirmed that current FW and older games will be safe in the new dash?
[c4eva]  ***:unknown at present!

[c4eva]  dash out?
[c4eva]  version please?
[c4eva]  so it begins,dash version please?
[****] c4 2.0.12611.0
[c4eva]  very good, thx, same version im already working with!

[*****] C4 are you still working on hitas? Will they eventually be released =)?
[c4eva]  *****:was working on it , not for a while now!
[*******] c4eva so there will be a LT+ for lite-on and benq drives
[c4eva]  yes

[c4eva]  ok, have logged the update process, analysing!
[c4eva]  logged entire update process, no vendor packets, only standard inquiry and key exchange, so update process safe!
[c4eva]  fable 3 not safe! ap2.5 active for that title with new dash!

[c4eva]  as soon as we have enough data on ap25 then there will be something
[c4eva]  testing more game titles soon for ap25!

aswilbourn

• Archived User
Updates from C4E on New Dash: Update Process Seems Safe, AP2.5 Titles
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »

So is this basically saying that it is safe to update to the new dashboard as long as you do nor run fable 3 or any future ap25 games? Saying that even if that is the case I'm staying offline for now.

mpq1671

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:18:00 AM »

Thanks for news, but theres 1 unknown thing yet. If my console is already flagged (by AP25 challenge), will be possible to run new games (Fable 3 and others) after LT+ is released? Maybe smb found solution how to unflag console (flashing with orig FW on the board, or smthing), if so plz post it.

xbox360sexual

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(aswilbourn @ Nov 1 2010, 02:15 PM) View Post
So is this basically saying that it is safe to update to the new dashboard as long as you do nor run fable 3 or any future ap25 games?

Yes, exactly. It's safe to update to the new dash, no need to reflash drive to orig f/w before updating etc.

Please, please, everyone read this!!! Hopefully we'll have less noob questions clogging this thread like the others.

QUOTE(mpq1671 @ Nov 1 2010, 02:18 PM) View Post
Thanks for news, but theres 1 unknown thing yet. If my console is already flagged (by AP25 challenge), will be possible to run new games (Fable 3 and others) after LT+ is released? Maybe smb found solution how to unflag console (flashing with orig FW on the board, or smthing), if so plz post it.

I would imagine once LT+ is released it will enable AP2.5 games to work again, but nothing will remove the flag.

zmclean

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(xbox360sexual @ Nov 1 2010, 06:20 AM) *

Yes, exactly. It's safe to update to the new dash, no need to reflash drive to orig f/w before updating etc.

Please, please, everyone read this!!! Hopefully we'll have less noob questions clogging this thread like the others.

Good to hear.  I wanted to avoid all that hard work of flashing it back.

aswilbourn

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »

Thought so...still not updating though...I can hold out a few days, weeks or months for a new version of LT. There have been rumours of AP 2.5 since Fifa 09 even though microsoft weren't checking so I'm gonna play it cautious. Also it will prevent me from putting in a new game that implements it and getting me flagged because I guess for now no one really knows what future release will include it.

This post has been edited by aswilbourn: Nov 1 2010, 03:28 PM

pinkerton

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 08:30:00 AM »

One thing thats bugging me, Fable 3 has AP2.5 activated already, yes? Yet AP2.5 has been around on game disc's since fifa09, so whats stopping them from activating older games as well, via an update or something?

aswilbourn go there before me mentioning fifa09, I reckon MS will play it quiet and get everyone to update and then activate ap2.5 for older games as well.
That would mean a re-burn of your backup collection yet again!

This post has been edited by pinkerton: Nov 1 2010, 03:33 PM

mpq1671

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »

That can be tested right now btw. If some1 have drive flashed with any iXtreme FW, original Fable 3 and copy of it would be very helpful if he would:
1. Update console with new dashboard.
2. Launch Fable 3 COPY (it wont run of course).
3. Check flag status (using Xval 2.0, entering console serial number and X: value //everything can be found in Dashboard - Settings->System Data, or something like that, console should be flagged).
4. Launch ORIG Fable 3.
5. Check flag status again.

AP25 check would be performed again then maybe console will be unflagged + we will know is it possible to launch new games with flagged console.

This post has been edited by mpq1671: Nov 1 2010, 03:32 PM

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(pinkerton @ Nov 1 2010, 09:30 AM) View Post

One thing thats bugging me, Fable 3 has AP2.5 activated already, yes? Yet AP2.5 has been around on game disc's since fifa09, so whats stopping them from activating older games as well, via an update or something?

Nothing.

xxANARCHYxx707

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »

so which have ap25 besides fable 3

aswilbourn

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »

Will updating to new dashboard get me banned = NO
Will playing an AP 2.5 game on the OLD dashboard get me banned = NO
Will playing an AP 2.5 game on the NEW dashboard get me banned = YES

As no one is sure what games are using AP2.5 security and also that this security has been around since Fifa 2009 (even though it was not implemented back then, Fable 3 appears to be the first to do so) I would NOT update! Better to be safe than sorry! I just hope I haven't got to re-rip all my games....again!

This post has been edited by aswilbourn: Nov 1 2010, 03:37 PM

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »

Pheww, That's good news! Seems it's not as bad as it may have initially seemed.

Go C4E! Ur a bloody legend m8 for getting on to this so early etc.. I hope the task of writing LT+ isn't too time consuming. (If u need any help with resources or collecting data - we're always up for helping)

QUOTE(pinkerton @ Nov 2 2010, 12:00 AM) View Post

Nothing
 There's a fair chance it exists in older games but  I won't affect you if you haven't updated (to our knowlege) As I stated earlier they've prolly been waiting untill there was a fair level of saturation of ap2.5 backups around to gain the most use from this form of detection.

Xval's (last time I checked) can be rolled-back to their original untainted state (9/10 times) But I personally reckon it's a poor way of seeing if any given console has been flagged for ban (It's still a good way to ID a banned console) I think MS are tending to use it just to effect ban, rather than flag for ban (I could be wrong, of course)
There's a fair chance that they might not even bother banning anymore (as it burdens them in some ways) and instead resort to just not booting the games

If anyone has any ideas on how an AP2.5 disc might be Identified (so as we might be able to make an app to do it) Then please speak up!
I'm on Hols still, but once I get back to our lab/workshop I'll start by xtracting the .iso and maybe checking flags etc.. with Xextool (does anyone know if the latest version covers the new media-type<AP2.5>??)

specialguest

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »

Wow-

C4E is the man!

AP2.5 is not really even ramped up yet, and he already has it defeated. That is impressive.

I wish everyone would quit with the stupid questions and just be thankful.

thanks to C4E,

Everyone else quit being dumb and have some patience. Stay away from XBL, the dash update, Fable 3, and be careful with new titles until LT+ is out. Is it really that difficult a concept to wrap your head around?

VampireKillerX

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »

Noob question:

I don't care about xboxlive, if I update to the kinect dash via pendrive or wave 8 games, will I need to reflash my drive to play backups?

mpq1671

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Nov 1 2010, 03:46 PM) View Post

Xval's (last time I checked) can be rolled-back to their original untainted state (9/10 times)

How?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23