xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: C4E Confirms New AP2.5 Checks on New Dashboard with New Games  (Read 2788 times)

brandogg

• Archived User
C4E Confirms New AP2.5 Checks on New Dashboard with New Games
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »

You'll find out next month. Also, I'm fairly certain that "brand marriage" was *added* after the first or second update, and hasn't ever been removed. Easy way to check - take a different brand drive and just flash your DVD key onto it (don't spoof or anything else), if it still works, then they took it away. A lot of old 1888 Xenon consoles that are JTAG'able will have "unspoofed" for their DVD-ROM brand. Every non-1888 (actually 1903 might be the same) console has had a specific drive spoofed in the NAND.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(hydroxycut3 @ Oct 30 2010, 08:56 PM) View Post

So let me get this straight.

Since sammys don't support AP25 they are in the clear?

So sammys are about to become popular?

I have LT'd sammy which is why im asking.

How can the demand of the Sammy go up if you cannot use a brand drive other than what was in your xbox to start? People that have Benq, Hitachi, or LG cannot use a Sammy because they can no longer be spoofed safely with the AP 2.5 check. Correct?

Celerion

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(hydroxycut3 @ Oct 30 2010, 08:56 PM) *

So let me get this straight.

Since sammys don't support AP25 they are in the clear?

So sammys are about to become popular?

I have LT'd sammy which is why im asking.

People with the Samsung drive (Not spoofed) are reporting that they can't play Fable 3 with the new dash. If that was true this would not happen. So either everyone that has reported Fable 3 not working on his Samsung is lying or c4eva is missing something here.

This post has been edited by Celerion: Oct 30 2010, 08:15 PM

rasteriori

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »

Hi friends, I have the system 8955 and IXtreme LT in my xbox360 (Lite-On drive), I want to know if there will be or already exists a list of games that have this check... for now on I want to know specifically if Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage have this check (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Thanks in advance  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by rasteriori: Oct 30 2010, 08:59 PM

blavoie77

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(BladeWing @ Oct 30 2010, 02:36 PM) View Post

I don't remember hearing about that, so someone else would need to confirm or deny it.

Fixed two consoles recently with drives different than the original ones, so it works, unless they re-enabled it in the most recent dashboard.

One console had a defective Samsung drive, from which I extracted the key and then simply reflashed on a Hitachi, without spoofing it.

The other one had a BenQ and the guy brought me a Samsung he pulled from another RROD console. There again, reflashed the Samsung with the key from the BenQ, without spoofing it.

I reflashed both drives with stock firmwares.

One thing though - this was just a few weeks ago. I have no clue if it triggered a flag that will later ban those consoles, I haven't done the XVal checks on those (never really cared since I was reflashing to stock firmware). I don't think they've been banning during that period of time, as one guy brought me an older Xenon model for repairs, it had a Hitachi drive flashed with iXtreme 1.51 and he was able to update his dashboard and play a few games on XBOX Live afterwards. However, no clue about the XVal modification.

One possible explanation for the removal of this check might be a legal issue - I'm not sure, but it may be illegal in some countries to force you to use a specific repair center service (ie. Microsoft and its insane fees) to have repairs done on something you legally bought and own. When you buy a car, you're not tied up to the place where you bought it - you can have it fixed by a mechanic you trust, or can even fix it yourself if you have the knowledge and skills. It may be the same thing with a console - I understand it may void your warranty if you're still covered to open it, but for someone outside his warranty period, if all he does is replace a defective part with another (I'm not talking about using a modified firmware here, just stock), I don't see how they could justify banning your console from going online. This is just an hypothesis though.

DMagic1

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(BladeWing @ Oct 30 2010, 11:36 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Muzzakus @ Oct 30 2010, 09:23 AM) View Post

Unless I'm wrong, motherboard + drive brand marridge restriction was removed in previous updates.  Is it back ?

I don't remember hearing about that, so someone else would need to confirm or deny it.

Muzzakus is correct. They removed that limitation in a previous update.

dragoscojan

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(DMagic1 @ Oct 30 2010, 10:39 PM) *

Muzzakus is correct. They removed that limitation in a previous update.

doesn't the console give E66 if you don't spoof the drive?i had this happen a few months ago,when replacing a samsung with a Liteon flashed with LT (which you cant spoof).i ended up flashing 1.61 non stealth on the liteon and spoofing it,to get it to work.

This post has been edited by dragoscojan: Oct 30 2010, 08:51 PM

DMagic1

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(dragoscojan @ Oct 30 2010, 12:51 PM) View Post

doesn't the console give E66 if you don't spoof the drive?i had this happen a few months ago,when replacing a samsung with a Liteon flashed with LT (which you cant spoof).i ended up flashing 1.61 non stealth on the liteon and spoofing it,to get it to work.

Shouldnt if the software is up to date.

moh.sakhaii

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »

@rasteriori

Remember, piracy is against the forum's rules.

This post has been edited by moh.sakhaii: Oct 30 2010, 09:13 PM

rasteriori

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(moh.sakhaii @ Oct 30 2010, 02:56 PM) View Post

Remember, piracy is against the forum's rules.

Ok man, my bad, post edited, do you know any information of new games with this security?

Thanks in advance...

bludd

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »

So if microsoft doesn't force a dashboard upgrade, people could use offline consoles with old versions of the dashboard to still play "new" games like fable 3 now?

clerick

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(bludd @ Oct 30 2010, 09:06 PM) View Post

So if microsoft doesn't force a dashboard upgrade, people could use offline consoles with old versions of the dashboard to still play "new" games like fable 3 now?

Sounds like it but i'm pretty sure forced updates are to come on all new game disks.

moh.sakhaii

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(rasteriori @ Oct 30 2010, 11:33 PM) View Post

Ok man, my bad, post edited, do you know any information of new games with this security?

Thanks in advance...

As I know it's just fable 3, none knows more.

kneehighspy

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »

interesting fact.  i have two 360's, one offline, one online.  the online 360 is in the official kinect beta and is currently at 12611 and my offline 360 is at 9199.  any titles played on the offline unit, show up as being played on 1/1/1753 (through view all games on myxbox) even with the time and date being correct on the offline unit.  only xbla titles played on the online 360 show up as a current date title.

the last current title (non xbla) shows up as being played on 9/2009.  so it seems that after 9/2009, any title played on an offline unit show up as being played on 1/1/1753 (on my listings).  to me it seems that something could have been implemented on or before 9/2009.

if this is the case then apparently checks were started earlier than the kinect beta dash, or it has something to do with wave patching newer titles to an older wave perhaps.

secdata is clean on both consoles.

rafinhalive

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »

After Reading all this i have one question.

The backups we made it before, i mean games from early 2010 with ssv2 will flag our consoles? will we need make new backups with ssv3 to keep playing some old games without ban?

Can someone confirm if ap 2.5 check is on all games since fifa 09 or only in fifa 09 brought it?

uhh.gif

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22