xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing 93450c Problems I Need Help!  (Read 34 times)

Xisle120

• Archived User
Flashing 93450c Problems I Need Help!
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »

I tried to flash my lite on 93450c dvd drive using the boxxdr method. I used an xacto knife to cut the traces and a fiber glass pen on the traces. After I soldered 30 AWG wire in the spots a sata cable from the dvd drive to the pc, and the power cable from the xbox and turned on the xbox. I went to use DOSflash 1.8 and my drive wouldn't show up. I then checked the switch to make sure it was on, checked my connections, and tried using jungleflasher but it still won't show up. I know my set up works because before I attempted to mod it I was able to pick up and read my drive using jungleflasher. I tried replacing the 30 AWG wire with a 18 AWG i believe. That didn't work. I tried soldering and resoldering again about 3 times. I have no idea what is wrong. Does the solder have to be perfect, and only on the traces? I know mine aren't that perfect but will that really mess it up if it goes a little off? Also what is an easy way to tell if i've fried my PCB board? I think I did, and if I have how can I retrieve my dvd key? Thanks for any help

Ranger72

• Archived User
Flashing 93450c Problems I Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »

How about some pics of your mess? That may help us better help you.