xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Team Jungle: 'Samsung iXtreme LT on the way' and Key Vertification Rou  (Read 377 times)

OggyUK

• Archived User
Team Jungle: 'Samsung iXtreme LT on the way' and Key Vertification Rou
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »

Must just be my Rev that stops on Esc during an MTK Intro I guess

CODE
Sending Vendor Intro to port 0xCF00
Status 0x51
Re-sending Vendor Intro:
Aborted by User!

As I posted on JF forums - We are NOT brute forcing keys - We are using known good keys to verify,

FYI: The reason you likely got no replies;

QUOTE(JungleJim)

Forget brute force attack, you won't live long enough, not with current PC speeds anyhow....

Guessing the right key has a chance of 1 in 2^128 = 3.4028236692093846346337460743177e+38

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Apr 23 2010, 01:47 PM) View Post

But lets not get to far into 'Spoon-Feeding' I tend to agree with others that if you lost your key, (ie; You had a good one then lost/threw it away) then you really don't deserve ton try the cutting edge stuff and expect the same level of support this scene has made you accustomed to.

You know stuff does happen, people might lose their USB key, HDDs can crash, shit happens you know...  i guess if your HDD crashed, you might lose JF as well though...  Maybe keep an email backup as well

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »

Should be pretty difficult to completely lose a key, surely?

If you're updating a drive, you need the key you read off it in the first place.  Not got it any more?  Just read the drive again, and you have the key once more.  Lost retail firmware, want it back?  Read the drive and apply the keys to another retail firmware, job done.

Remember, though, that a machine that goes away to a repair shop could well come back with different guts and different keys.  Safest thing in this case is to delete anything you've saved and read from the drive again.

fatvince

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(JD45 @ Apr 24 2010, 11:04 AM) View Post

Yeah. When I back up my keys, I put it on both my hard drives, e-mail it to myself and write it down. Might be over kill but it's better than buying a whole new 360 if something ever went wrong.

I tattoo mine on my hand.

You can never be too careful.

igotwormz

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 01:44:00 AM »

Good I got customers been bugging me  biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Exobex @ Apr 24 2010, 06:15 AM) View Post

Should be pretty difficult to completely lose a key, surely?

If you're updating a drive, you need the key you read off it in the first place.  Not got it any more?  Just read the drive again, and you have the key once more.  Lost retail firmware, want it back?  Read the drive and apply the keys to another retail firmware, job done.

Remember, though, that a machine that goes away to a repair shop could well come back with different guts and different keys.  Safest thing in this case is to delete anything you've saved and read from the drive again.

This is true if it was only sent out to MS. Now who's to say a shop doesn't send it out for warranty but charge you for repair this is also possible. Regardless always re-read the keys after a repair from a shop. I personally save all keys in three different locations. I use 2 usb sticks and in my Dumped Firmware folder with names and numbers that way I don't lose anybody keys and they have to come to me for replacement drives  biggrin.gif

Piratesmustperish

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(fatvince @ Apr 25 2010, 11:47 AM) View Post

I tattoo mine on my hand.

You can never be too careful.

grr.gif freaking lost my arm in a car accident.  I begged them to save it or at least get the information off of it.  They didn't understand me and blamed my seemingly nonsensical disposition on the morphine.

DWells55

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »

No love for us Hitachi owners, huh?  I have a Halo edition 360 with Hitachi 1.51 that I pulled offline when I first heard about the bans, managed to dodge getting flagged too.  I'd like to start using that thing again sometime soon.

xbox360sexual

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 05:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Piratesmustperish @ Apr 27 2010, 07:29 PM) View Post

grr.gif freaking lost my arm in a car accident.  I begged them to save it or at least get the information off of it.  They didn't understand me and blamed my seemingly nonsensical disposition on the morphine.

laugh.gif

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Apr 24 2010, 03:38 AM) View Post

Must just be my Rev that stops on Esc during an MTK Intro I guess

I think the main thing is having a button, A pop-up box with extra large status code and Break-sequence-button would be nice but maybe I'm going a bit overboard (It's been known to happen)

CODE
Sending Vendor Intro to port 0xCF00
Status 0x51
Re-sending Vendor Intro:
Aborted by User!

As I posted on JF forums - We are NOT brute forcing keys - We are using known good keys to verify,

FYI: The reason you likely got no replies;

Yes I made a vague hint of this elsewhere: Too vague perhaps?  (Oh-well I should have pushed the issue, but at the time I assumed it had been discussed elsewhere and would likely attract no-end of flaming :-)
My Idea was more about wanting to experiment ,Making a similar educated guess(es) based on known(s).
With hindsight I probably didn't express myself as clearly as I could (ODD FW Ain't my speciality) From fear of exposing the gaps in my knowlege. I was hoping there might be a way to universally colect keys with a SATA sniffer (Like a T-piece to capture the xchange of info and use similar/same method to verify/xtract key etc..) This idea has gone a bit stale since we devd the 'MRA' Method, With the launch of the new slimline console I suspect ppl might be looking for new ways to do things soon enough tho wink.gif

Brgds/Dan

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »

anyone know of an eta for this fw?

im happy to hear about it. got an old 360 laying around that originally came with a sammy. the drive hasnt been working too well lately, even after cleaning it.
also, this drive is flashed, but not banned. i took it off live last december when the bannings were happening.

when i read about lt samsung fw, i ordered a brand new drive. im looking forward to flashing it with the lt.
hope it gets here soon!  biggrin.gif

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2010, 03:33:00 AM »

I know c4eva was working on this FW for months now, but due to the latest development on Slim drives and the new securities applied with the new dashboard, there is gonna be a Samsung FW or cancelled?

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2010, 05:32:00 AM »

It was released ages ago....

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2010, 06:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Nov 4 2010, 01:32 PM) View Post

It was released ages ago....

Sorry my mistake... I wanted to ask about the Hitachi

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »

OK. Just no answer. I guess no Hitachi version of the LT will be available. sad.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]