xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 83850c Blinking Green Light....  (Read 65 times)

alan_poh

• Archived User
83850c Blinking Green Light....
« on: April 28, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »

after cutting the traces, soldering the lt switch 1.5 and getting the key, flashing the drive (everything went ok, i played games for some day), but after 3 days my drive didnt want to open anymore and xbox was flashing 3 red ligths.....
i desoldered the lt switch 1.5 from the pcb (cause it died), tried to repair the traces (didn want to solder again a new lt switch)...i soldered fair enoguh, no big pieces of solder or anything similar...but now, when i put the lite-on 83850 into the xbox and turn the xobx ON it gives me blinking green light....when i try to put a game into, it opens the tray, but just immediately after closing it restarts the xbox, and then again blinking when entering in the menu....
im desperate cause i soldered a million times, every times i have other behaviour from the xbox...
sometimes it doesnt blink anymore but after putting a dvd into it restarts...sometimes it doesnt even get to the Menu, it just stays black screen...

what the **** is going on? ok, i know its something about soldering....but what?

can anyone help?

iateshaggy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »

take a good picture or else the only advise i can give u is using a multimeter check that none of your solder has grounded out on the board.

alan_poh

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Apr 28 2010, 11:51 PM) *

take a good picture or else the only advise i can give u is using a multimeter check that none of your solder has grounded out on the board.

i have the multimeter....how to check if some solder is grounded?

touching with one spear of the multimeter the solder and with the other one the near ground?

here are the picture....hope you can see something from this...

NOTE: in this state soldered i have this situation: the xbox is blinking right away i turn it on, after entering in the menu, i eject the tray, put in the dvd and close the tray...right after the tray closes, the xbox restarts by himself....and every time the same...tried a few times

Pics of the PCB

p.s. the solder isnt touching anywhere ground....cause i checked with the microscope...and cleaned with alcohol everywhere i soldered...

This post has been edited by alan_poh: Apr 29 2010, 12:16 AM