xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: C4eva BenQ and LiteOn iXtreme LT v1.1  (Read 720 times)

Muzzakus

• Archived User
C4eva BenQ and LiteOn iXtreme LT v1.1
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(gameking1113 @ Mar 20 2010, 11:35 PM) *

Actually, all BenQs are not flagged already.  This is the statement from Team Jungle:

"Firmware for Benq & LiteOn bring’s media compatibility updates and, iXtreme LT 1.0 apparently also has a detectable flaw, MS currently aren’t checking for. C4Eva & TeamJungle discovered the bug before MS, and Patched it. You are advised to update now, before they do start checking. (Thanks Peggle)"

As you can see, there are no checks for it as of yet.

Where is this statement?

col12

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(vinny13 @ Mar 21 2010, 12:29 AM) *

Aww man I just flashed my Lite-On like 3 days ago lol

I thought somethin' was up though, burned a brand new disc of Forza and once or twice I got the dirty disc error, most of the time it would just freeze while loading after pressing start. Other games were fine though, I don't know :S

i was having problems with freezing when i got LT put on my brand new elite does the ben q need to be flashed the same as the liteon cutting traces are does it just go like the old type

m4sterchi3f

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »

Just updated two BenQ's from 1.0 to 1.1. Easy as pie. smile.gif Just follow the JF tutorial. It as easy as pushing unlock, read, write, outro. Thanks again!

vegasmtv

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »

Can you update a 74850c Liteon which already has LT 1.0 to LT 1.1 just as easy? because every time i try it says WARNING bad serial data.....

Or do i need to use the probe again even thought it has LT 1.0 on there???

garyopa

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(vegasmtv @ Mar 20 2010, 10:08 PM) *

Can you update a 74850c Liteon which already has LT 1.0 to LT 1.1 just as easy? because every time i try it says WARNING bad serial data.....

Or do i need to use the probe again even thought it has LT 1.0 on there???

Once you have LT on your drive, all dumping ways are closed, except for the cut trace and resistor power-trick called the MRA way.

You either have  to make sure you had your backup saved with the correct key, and just erase the drive and flash directly using your backup saved key.

Or do some search and learning of the MRA way which was originally designed for the newest LiteOn drives (v3) to dump them.

But thanks to the protection of LT, we now have to always use the MRA way to re-dump the drive, unless you are smart and have safely filed away your backup with your key info from your first flash of your Liteon.

This post has been edited by garyopa: Mar 21 2010, 03:20 AM

cardyology

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(garyopa @ Mar 21 2010, 04:19 AM) *

Once you have LT on your drive, all dumping ways are closed, except for the cut trace and resistor power-trick called the MRA way.

You either have  to make sure you had your backup saved with the correct key, and just erase the drive and flash directly using your backup saved key.

Or do some search and learning of the MRA way which was originally designed for the newest LiteOn drives (v3) to dump them.

But thanks to the protection of LT, we now have to always use the MRA way to re-dump the drive, unless you are smart and have safely filed away your backup with your key info from your first flash of your Liteon.

aww man, I was not aware of this! Doing the MRA dump is no big deal, I just thought I could re-dump just using ck3 & spear again. I lost a 500gig hard drive in my pc & it had my original liteon key on it. Sheeeesh!  

vegasmtv

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »

If you have liteon and have the dummy.bin file and the lite_cfw.bin file can you reflash if you already have LT on there???

Asking as the tutorial for Jungleflasher says you can not without cutting the board even if you do have the files.

tonybologna

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(HaredX @ Mar 20 2010, 06:01 PM) *
Thanks, I can read.

I was trying to show that even though you may have a BEN-Q drive that it didn't mean you're console was already flagged. I wasn't being smart about it. I know most on here can read! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

If you have liteon and have the dummy.bin file and the lite_cfw.bin file  can you reflash if you already have LT on there???

Asking as  the tutorial for Jungleflasher says you can not without cutting the  board even if you do have the files.

For lite on all you have to do is load your previously saved dummy as source and load LT ver1.1 as target then spoof the source to target. Open up the MTK flash 32 and hit lite on erase. Once that's complete hit write and all done.

Remember to always have the half open tray status but I heard you didn't need to have it half open for this.

This post has been edited by tonybologna: Mar 21 2010, 05:23 AM

Muzzakus

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »

The Benq bug not being relevant at the moment smells like bullshit.  BUT so what! - if you play the game you need to be prepared to pay the consequences!  No hard feelings aganst the hackers what so ever, good job finding it whether v1 users are flagged or not.

Modding is your personal choice, you can only hold yourself accountable.

woppers

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »

good work spotting the security vulnerability. i updated my benq but luckily i havent played any games online since i updated!

thanks c4eva and everyone else is involved
1 biggrin.gif

vegasmtv

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 11:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(tonybologna @ Mar 21 2010, 04:18 AM) *

I was trying to show that even though you may have a BEN-Q drive that it didn't mean you're console was already flagged. I wasn't being smart about it. I know most on here can read! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
For lite on all you have to do is load your previously saved dummy as source and load LT ver1.1 as target then spoof the source to target. Open up the MTK flash 32 and hit lite on erase. Once that's complete hit write and all done.

Remember to always have the half open tray status but I heard you didn't need to have it half open for this.

THANK YOU, done what you said and worked great :-)

One last quick question, when i upgraded my brothers drive from 1.51 to LT i didnt go to save target firmware, so the only files i have for his drive are from when i originally dumped the key to put 1.51 on there and wanted to know if i can just put that dummy file from the 1.51 dump as the source and LT 1.1 as the Target even though its currently running LT. Or am i screwed because i didnt save target when i put LT on there?

This post has been edited by vegasmtv: Mar 21 2010, 06:27 AM

SomeGuyGG

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(vegasmtv @ Mar 21 2010, 06:25 AM) *

THANK YOU, done what you said and worked great :-)

One last quick question, when i upgraded my brothers drive from 1.51 to LT i didnt go to save target firmware, so the only files i have for his drive are from when i originally dumped the key to put 1.51 on there and wanted to know if i can just put that dummy file from the 1.51 dump as the source and LT 1.1 as the Target even though its currently running LT. Or am i screwed because i didnt save target when i put LT on there?

Just dump the key again and spoof the key into the new firmware. Just pretend it is like the first time. You shouldn't have any issues.

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 01:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(garyopa @ Mar 21 2010, 02:19 AM) *

But thanks to the protection of LT, we now have to always use the MRA way to re-dump the drive, unless you are Logical and have safely filed away your backup with your key info from your first flash of your Liteon.

Edited for accuracy

QUOTE(Muzzakus @ Mar 21 2010, 04:21 AM) *

The Benq bug not being relevant at the moment smells like bullshit.  BUT so what! - if you play the game you need to be prepared to pay the consequences!  No hard feelings aganst the hackers what so ever, good job finding it whether v1 users are flagged or not.

Modding is your personal choice, you can only hold yourself accountable.

Your mum smells worse.

There's a command, that will give your 1.0 BenQ up as modded, its now blocked.

MS never issued this command, I could tell you the command, but then I'd be telling MS.

1.0 is detectable but isnt being detected. Period.

chrissyd

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 02:36:00 AM »

So LT1.0 for Liteon is still safe it is just the benq that has the bug issue? Im a little confused blink.gif

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 02:46:00 AM »

LiteOn = update for anyone having issues.

BenQ = neccesary update
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6