xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter Ck3 Probe V2  (Read 148 times)

akumi

• Archived User
Xecuter Ck3 Probe V2
« on: February 04, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »

lol xecuter finally come out with their own version for the new liteon 9series drive flashing. The "ck3 probe v2". They said it's solderless, hmm i wonder how it works.

iateshaggy

• Archived User
Xecuter Ck3 Probe V2
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »

by using an alternative to solder, like a trace repair pen.  stick w/ the wire + resistor method.

ROBJETS

• Archived User
Xecuter Ck3 Probe V2
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »

Its been out for a good while now and it is only for getting the drive key.It works good but if you want a firmware dump you are looking at the wrong product.

I bought one because it also came with a board that made it easy to access the 360 hard drive without opening it.Not sure if they still offer that with the ck3.

Also if you are just going to use it once to get the drive key off one 360 you are just wasting your money. It comes in handy though if you are flashing multiple 360`s

This post has been edited by ROBJETS: Feb 4 2010, 08:53 PM

shtewps

• Recovered User
Xecuter Ck3 Probe V2
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »

This product FAILS

QUOTE("Xecuter Admin")
1. Yes there are still cuts of course - we never said there wasn't. We said no Rebuild PCB required and No Soldering. 100% Correct & True. Even a bunch of guys in this thread had enough of a clue to know that much from how the process works. No cutting would be a major selling point yes ? If there was no cutting that would have been one of the sales bullet points. As it is already something that is required for this method we simply highlight the main sales bullet points - No Solder (Correct) No Rebuild PCB Required (Correct). Naturally we would make a press release on the full kit contents and instructions before anyone would choose to pay for it. Kinda the same we've done for every product we've ever made for the last ten years

2. We are supplying a specially commissioned conductive glue to repair the small cuts that works brilliantly and is super simple and easy to use. We have also made sure there is enough to do about 10 Drives . We will also be supplying these conductive glue packets as a separate product for installers who don't want to solder. Just look online - prices are upto $20 for a small amount. I've done a deal with the company that invented the stuff in the USA. You'll be paying $2.95 which will be enough for another 10 Xbox's. We didn't suddenly invent the idea of repairing traces with this stuff - many other people have been using it. We simply decided it was a good idea - used our resources to get the best deal and passed it to you guys. No magic tricks here. This is for the noobs who can't do soldering. This is a good thing guys. We have made it cheaper and easier for those that require it.

3. We aren't taking pre-orders so no idea why you'd talk about that. The one company who has been advertised has a stock notification system in place - that's it. No Pre Orders have been authorized in any way shape or form - you think too much maybe ?

4. The 7 series solution is there so you can grab the key without making any cuts. That's actually a good thing btw lol

The announcement was straight forward - it explains exactly what the product is - No soldering. We never said there are no cuts. Sure its a little hype and marketing - this is a business.

iateshaggy

• Archived User
Xecuter Ck3 Probe V2
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »

i think u missed the front page, this is totally new and used to get complete firmware dump, however, u still have to cut traces and solder them back making this tool as valuable as a 22 ohm resistor and 2 pieces of scrap wire at the cost of a 3 star meal.  i think i'll take the dinner.

HundredSouls

• Archived User
Xecuter Ck3 Probe V2
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »

I agree with shaggy,

It's a nice idea but ill stick to my home made one, I just don't see the point. fair enough if you don't have the know how to make one but there are plenty of tutorials.

When a solution appears that you dont have to cut the traces, maybe i'll think about it. But untill then....

alan_poh

• Archived User
Xecuter Ck3 Probe V2
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(ROBJETS @ Feb 4 2010, 09:49 PM) *

Its been out for a good while now and it is only for getting the drive key.It works good but if you want a firmware dump you are looking at the wrong product.

I bought one because it also came with a board that made it easy to access the 360 hard drive without opening it.Not sure if they still offer that with the ck3.

Also if you are just going to use it once to get the drive key off one 360 you are just wasting your money. It comes in handy though if you are flashing multiple 360`s

so if i dont cut the traces i can dump the key? is this true?

or, to get the key i have to cut the traces also?

saleem_hacks_360s

• Archived User
Xecuter Ck3 Probe V2
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(alan_poh @ Feb 5 2010, 03:29 PM) *

so if i dont cut the traces i can dump the key? is this true?

or, to get the key i have to cut the traces also?

how many times has it to be said?

yes you have to cut tracks and rejoin them,they would not be supplying the (super duper) conductive glue otherwise would they.come on,use your noogins ffs!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by saleem_hacks_360s: Feb 6 2010, 12:40 AM