xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 3c000 Data (calibration Data)  (Read 309 times)

OggyUK

• Archived User
3c000 Data (calibration Data)
« on: January 21, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »

3c000 data (Calibration Data)
-------------------------------------

1. If you obtain FULL OFW from your LiteOn using MRA method - You WILL have 3c000 data

` - JF will say Calibration Data copied
    ` - JF wont actually write this Calibration data to the drive (At time of posting)
     ` - If you Hexedit this data into CFW, then write using JF the data will be on the drive

2. If you obtain FULL Firmware from your already flashed LiteOn using MRA method, you will have iX's 3c000 data (NOT the actual drives original data)

` - JF will say Calibration Data is copied
    ` - JF wont actually write this Calibration data to the drive (At time of posting)
     ` - If you Hexedit this data into CFW, then write using JF the data will be on the drive
      ` - It will still not be your UNIQUE Data

3. If you use Dummy.bin as source, from DVDKey32 / LO83info

` - JF will say Calibration Data NOTcopied
    ` - JF Will use LT's Default Calibration Data
     ` - If you have erased your firmware at all since obtaining Dummy (and not dumped  using MRA - Full OFW) you will not have your Calibration Data
      ` - If you have not erased, and you want to, or can do it yourself - Have FULL OFW Dumped using MRA method, and read point 1

4. If you use Dummy.bin created using JF v0.1.70b by Saving Dummy.bin from OFW obtained from MRA method (right click target, save Dummy.bin) It will have 3c000 Data

` - JF Will save Calibration Data to Dummy (not affected by bug)
    ` - Dummy can then be used as source fw in future
     ` - However, It will still be affected by the current bug in JungleFlasher v0.1.70b (85) Where it is not actually written to the drive once spoofed.
      ` - If you used this function for Maximus' iX templates (JF v0167), you won't have the data, consider yourself in situation 3

** Side note, Some people are suggesting that you spoof dummy into OFW, write, MRA, then use this so avoid JF telling you about Caliibration Data not being copied over, this much of a thankless task, as you'll only ever default to IX, LT's or the OFW's (not your) 'Calibration Data' **

There may be slight discrpencies in this, or there may be methods I havent covered, I knocked it up to *hopefully* reduce the amount of shit posted about it .. If there is a situation that isnt covered, please let me know, no bullshit on the thread please, thanks.

Hope it helps!

This post has been edited by OggyUK: Jan 21 2010, 07:39 PM

impimpin206

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »

Oggy thanks for your post, as I don't know what to make of all this talk of calibration data (as I'm sure others are in the same boat). After I lost my 2nd xbox to a ban a few months back, I purchased a new one just to play multiplayer COD:MW2. The case hasn't even been cracked. Also, I don't like the idea of cutting traces or soldering on something I can't afford to replace. With that said, do you recommend I go ahead and flash LT and assume it's most likely safe? Or do you recommend I wait, or have someone do an MRA dump on my drive so I can retain my calibration data? What would you do?

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »

I'd MRA it (or have someone do it for me in your case) ...

Hex Edit or Wait for new JF with bug fix

It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it wink.gif

impimpin206

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »

Thanks! I'll probably order a couple of the switch chips from team xecuter and do it myself. I've done quite a bit of soldering, but mostly on xbox1's and cable modems. Sometimes you just gotta do things you don't wanna do smile.gif Thanks again for your insight

Bukmop

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »

It seems like a mystics.. But I dont understand how it possible to calibrate EACH drive on factory line? And how we successfully flash the new LiteOn drives? I mean that after OFW dumping we use ix template and paste the dvd key only! And it works! So how much the significance these calibration data??? Data in IX template are not good???
  Please explain me!

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »

The data isnt confirmed as anything you suggested, for 12 months 99/100 drives worked fine with default data in iX .....

My post was to simply clarify, what is happening when JF shows this log, why it shows it and the situation surrounding this (including the bug).

I dont want to debate importance or vitality of this data, and I'd appreciate it if you kept it from this thread as this wasnt its intended purpose.

This post has been edited by OggyUK: Jan 21 2010, 08:30 PM

bullka

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »

Does that mean that I just need to dump my original firmware (OFW) with soldering. And keep that OFW in case in the future we'll need Calibration Data?

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Jan 21 2010, 07:07 PM) View Post

I'd MRA it (or have someone do it for me in your case) ...

Hex Edit or Wait for new JF with bug fix

It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it wink.gif

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »

maybe we can make a post where people can post their calibration data and state their model number and see if there is anything common between them or if they match. Has anyone done multiple drives and compared calibration data to see if they match?

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »

Without sounding rude, maybe you could create the post - and keep it off of here wink.gif

Ive done a few dumps, but again, this post had an intent to clarify where people sttood with each scenario (utilising JF)

I just want clear, consice info as to what/why it happens, centralised.

Ill happily contribute to another thread, I just dont want this one full of unrelated stuff smile.gif

Regards,

TheDemonIII

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »

I've been reading so many people saying that they have been having problems with LT and calibration data that was never before seen with any of the older firmwares. I'm by no means a pro but i decided to take a look at some different firmwares to see if theres a difference. The 3 firmwares i look at are: original fw packaged with lt, ixtreme LT, and ixtreme 1.6 all for the 748 drive. I did find something that i think is important.

As most know the calibration data starts at 3C000 and ends at (i think) 3C2E0. What i found is that this data is identical in the original fw and in ix1.6, but there are quite a few differences compared to LT. This could explain why after flashing to LT people are reporting problems reading any form of media. I hope this helps someone.

I don't have my own liteon firmware to compare with the others, but if someone else does and would like to send it to me that would be cool.

This post has been edited by TheDemonIII: Jan 21 2010, 09:34 PM

FireSokar

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »

OggyUK since you are one of the main people who actually speaks up on here can you please post to clarify to people what Calibration data is and its impact on having your own vs not having your own.  To my understanding its Created at the factory all dirves should be the same and it changes as the state of your laser diode and other components age.  Flashing the stock ix image with its calibration data onto a brand new (same day bought and flashed) should result in almost identical data if done by dummy.bin?  What are the impacts on having not used your own as 90% of the people no longer have theres.  Is there any drive specific information besides tweaking for the laser?  Can this lead to possible bans, or is the only downside a drive that has a harder time reading discs / not at all?  If the original is "tweaked" as the drive changes, will the IX version also be eventually tweaked by the drive itself?

This post has been edited by FireSokar: Jan 21 2010, 09:47 PM

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »

From c4:

cal data is not accessed by fw code at all but could be used by other processes,its value is still unknown, but since full dumps are now available, included for correctness

This is why I call it 3c000 data

Flashing the stock ix image with its calibration data onto a brand new (same day bought and flashed) should result in almost identical data if done by dummy.bin?

I don't quite understand what you mean.

xlinkx

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Jan 21 2010, 10:48 PM) *

From c4:

cal data is not accessed by fw code at all but could be used by other processes,its value is still unknown, but since full dumps are now available, included for correctness

How do you hex edit calibration data in the firmware?

FireSokar

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(xlinkx @ Jan 22 2010, 01:45 AM) View Post

How do you hex edit calibration data in the firmware?

Use the offsets he provided in his first post.
Pages: [1] 2