xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Liteon 93450c Open Tray Error After Lt  (Read 428 times)

theo481

• Archived User
Liteon 93450c Open Tray Error After Lt
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »

just as an update, the board is toast, can't flash/erase... was going to spoof the key to my banned one on there, but to no avail!

oh well.

LiquidXed

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »

send me ur drive. i can see what i can do.. PM Me if ur interested..

grantie

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »

Well this is nothing new I had this some some 74x a2o2 at the start with the media ejecting randomly sometimes reading and sometimes not.

Personaly its just my theory that there something that probably blows when you earse your firmware maybe some value getting erased witten or read blows the laser. It could be protection from flashing or snooping on the firmware or whatever again it might not be.

I can tell you this though I havent had one problem since I unhooked the laser ribbon before reading or erase/flash of the firmware. Over cautious you say? perhaps its is.... but new lasers arent free and the lasers do fry for sometimes. I have tested a broken system like this with a differnt laser and all is well even a benq one works on a liteon.  The reason for the laser doing this god knows why and we dont need to really need to. The fix is forget the why and unhook the ribbon before reading or touching the flash at all. Prevention is always better than a cure.

theo481

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »

the board is toast, i couldn't even write to it anymore....

I scrapped the drive, and used my old one.

Thanks for the offer..

ANYONE THAT IS DOING THIS DRIVE, TAKE MULTIPLE DRIVE DUMPS, ON THE NEW ONE I GOT 5 DIFFERENT DUMPS OUT OF 9 DUMPS TAKEN, POWER CYCLED EVERY TIME. ITS TIME CONSUMING BUT WORTH IT SO YOU DON'T BRICK 200$$

xbox360ukmodman

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »

Hi, I've got the same problem. Stupidly I only did one dump, flashed LT firmware and it booted up fine, loaded a CD fine but when I put a game in It made the worst noises then the laser sounded like ti was under a lot of strain (kept making a loud clicking noise), now nothing loads.

This was a brand new refurb console from microsoft, the drive was a 93450C.

Do you think my laser simply burned out?

The ribbon cable is damaged aswell, anyone know where I can get a new ribbon cable for this model of liteon drive?

I'm based in the UK.

Regards, Justin

shtewps

• Recovered User
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 07:30:00 AM »

Why is your ribbon damaged?!

You most definitely need a new laser now. You can find both laser and ribbon on eBay.

It appears to me that this is some kind of security measure/punishment created by Liteon as an consequence to modification your hardware. Understood. It happened to me once out of about 300 or so. The laser sounded like an alarm going off and then instantly died after a couple of hard tries. I just need to get into the routine of detaching the ribbon.

The weird thing is, these problems didn't exist prior to ix1.6. So who knows...

hetster

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »

it has nothing to do with the flashes and all to do with liteon drives.

i have had 4 in for repair over the last 3 months that are not flashed and have never been flashed. 1 of those was a 2 week old jasper elite 9 series liteon drive. they all displayed open tray error..i replaced the lasers on them all and they played all media fine after. so its more about crap manufacture than flashing..the fact that the majority flash them leads many to blame the flash for all their problems when in fact they are coincidence..same happens every update when a tiny few of the millions of users get a RROD after and blame the update when in fact chances are they where ready for RRODing anyway..

but i was actualy quite shocked at the 9 series liteon as it was only 2 weeks old and not only did it not play anyhting it also made terrible noises..

This post has been edited by hetster: Feb 5 2010, 04:17 PM

shtewps

• Recovered User
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(hetster @ Feb 5 2010, 04:16 PM) *

i have had 4 in for repair over the last 3 months that are not flashed and have never been flashed. 1 of those was a 2 week old jasper elite 9 series liteon drive. they all displayed open tray error..i replaced the lasers on them all and they played all media fine after. so its more about crap manufacture than flashing..the fact that the majority flash them leads many to blame the flash for all their problems when in fact they are coincidence..same happens every update when a tiny few of the millions of users get a RROD after and blame the update when in fact chances are they where ready for RRODing anyway..

but i was actualy quite shocked at the 9 series liteon as it was only 2 weeks old and not only did it not play anyhting it also made terrible noises..

Well it sounds to me like it is a combination of both then. Because you simply cannot ignore the fact that this happens to people more times during a flash than not. That simply isnt a coincidence. Weather it was designed by the manufacturer or a result of cheap hardware, the fact of the matter is that this is a known issue to happen immediately after a firmware write.

Whatever the reason may be.. I will most likely never purchase a Liteon product because of it.

ash1471

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(theo481 @ Jan 21 2010, 12:30 AM) *

Second and Third pic looks like you missed joining the via (middle bit back up) Try that. Looks like you completely jumped it.

ASH

This post has been edited by ash1471: Feb 6 2010, 12:27 AM

flash360

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »

I have also found a defect with the liteon. Had one in for repair, never flashed just suddenly started making a clicking noise and open tray error (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  on opening the drive I noticed the laser was at the top of its travel eg the outside of the disc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)  I moved the laser in with my hand and it booted the disc ok. The problem is with the white bit of plastic that runs on the worm gear it must be worn down or the spring lost its mojo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)  (pm me if you got a spare please) anyhoo it worked out ok for me cos I had to send an e74 in for repair so i swapped em when it came back with 8495. Funny how they didnt put the latest 8955 on it I remember c4e or one of his team sayin from 4 test consoles the 2 that were updated before flashing were still on live (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) so I updated it I havnt flashed it yet, its got a 83850 may 09 I wonder if its worth tryin the old method maybe they havnt updated the firmware.
 Im a bit unsure about copying the laser cal anyway after reading this post. They could have moved the real info and put some crap there thats gonna blow your laser.
I dont really understand it anyway cos the pots are still there, it kinda looks like the laser cal is only there for reference?

kkingsley930

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(hetster @ Feb 5 2010, 04:16 PM) *

3 in a row is no coincidence. All 3 had messed up pads from an LT switch being removed.  All 3 were properly repaired and all three do the same thing.... Ejects fine, pop a game in just fine. spins up real quick and beams the laser a few time then nothing. dashboard cycles through "Close Tray, Reading, Open Tray" I have checked and check and resoldered so many times. I cannot for the life of me figure this out. So im gonna throw my 2 cents out there and say it is not a connection problem rather its a new protection method, static, or somethings up with this new xetreme LT firmware. At least I have the keys... Oh and by the way, i always unplug all 3 plugs when i flash and the last board that did this was completely removed from the dvd drive.

kkingsley930

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 05:10:00 AM »

THE LASER UNIT GETS FRIED WHEN THE TRACES ARE CUT AND THERE IS NO 3.3V JUMPER.

the fix... a new laser unit.

So i take back what i said. it was a bad connection, just a bad one in the past. man i thought for sure it was static...

warquimides

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »

i know it is too late for theo481, but maybe this will work for someone else. i had the same problem after flashing liteon 9345 with iextreme LT, 360 displayed "close tray" even when the tray was closed, actually i couldnt even open the tray. when opened manually 360 displayed "open tray" after reading this thread i knew it wasnt because bad trace rebuild. the white and yellow cables on the pcb are conected to the open/close switches under the tray, so i swapped the cables positions, i mean, soldering the white cables were the yellows were supposed to be and viceversa.

it worked for me, hope it will work for someone else
Pages: 1 2 [3]