xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Liteon Ixtreme V1.61 For All Lite-on's  (Read 2461 times)

Suicyde

• Archived User
Liteon Ixtreme V1.61 For All Lite-on's
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Dude Z @ Dec 30 2009, 08:03 PM) View Post

If you used the 9xxx version FW there was a bug in it.
use the repacked version or try the non-stealth version released the other day.

On a side note.
Just because a laser lights up red and moves backwards and forwards doesn't mean it's good.
But if you were using it before and it was fine I would wager it's a bug in the FW or improper FW version was used.

Using a 7xxx FW on a 8xxx or 9xxx drive and vice versa will also cause this problem.

He flashed back to the original iXtreme 1.6 - from what I gather - and is still having no luck in reading games (original or backup).

CYRAX

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(zeromx @ Dec 30 2009, 09:17 PM) View Post

How comes its not on xbins yet?... Usually firmware is there ASAP, but something doesnt seem right.

I think it's because Iriez runs xbins and he is no longer part of TJ.

zeromx

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »

Ok, i will take a bullet for the team.

flashed my liteon 83850c v1 to 1.61

original games - works fine
backup games - works fine

soo far soo good..

loco502

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »

am i the only one getting this? i've been trying to flash my liteon 7485 drive but i keep getting the message "orig bin file failed md5 hash check" and firmware type is blank on jungleflasher 1.67(also tried other versions) i looked everywhere for a solution but cant find one, i tried reading the keys from the drive itself and using the bin i have saved from my drive but keep getting the same error, i read somewhere that if i spoof the drive may not work properly, please help me i've spent all day already looking for an answer, thanks

Takashi

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2009, 06:05:00 PM »

there's no good reason to bridge R707.

loco502

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply, yes i have the key, i have the bummy bin file and key bin and all from a previous write i did to the same drive back when ix1.6 came out and everything went just fine, even i tried loading the dummy bin i have saved and my keys open up just fine but when i open the bin in JF and hit yes when asked to auto load i get that message, i also tried reading from the drive itself and the bin/keys dump just fine but same thing happens when JF tries to patch to 1.61, i put the 1.61 bin in the firmware folder and renamed it to "ix16-liteon.bin" just as instructed, i tried patching with the old ixtreme 1.60 firmware and i get no problems and no errors with that, its only with the new 1.61 bin, i downloaded the bin 3 different times and yes i'm using the correct bin for my drive, (7485) tried 2 different computers as well, when i say spoof i mean doing the "spoof to target" option in JF, any clue? thanks again

kdallas

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(loco502 @ Dec 31 2009, 09:14 AM) View Post

Thanks for the reply, yes i have the key, i have the bummy bin file and key bin and all from a previous write i did to the same drive back when ix1.6 came out and everything went just fine, even i tried loading the dummy bin i have saved and my keys open up just fine but when i open the bin in JF and hit yes when asked to auto load i get that message, i also tried reading from the drive itself and the bin/keys dump just fine but same thing happens when JF tries to patch to 1.61, i put the 1.61 bin in the firmware folder and renamed it to "ix16-liteon.bin" just as instructed, i tried patching with the old ixtreme 1.60 firmware and i get no problems and no errors with that, its only with the new 1.61 bin, i downloaded the bin 3 different times and yes i'm using the correct bin for my drive, (7485) tried 2 different computers as well, when i say spoof i mean doing the "spoof to target" option in JF, any clue? thanks again

I am uncertain where things are falling down, so forgive me if you've already tried this... but I would suggest instead of auto-loading anything, simply click the "open target firmware" button and browse for the ix161 bin that is correct for your drive.
Then click manual spoof and load in your key/bin files.  Obviously you are keeping the drive as a DG-162S, so just make sure that it is chosen from the drop-down.
Click save to file to make a backup... then do liteon erase/flash write in the usual way from mtk flash 32.

Incidentally... I notice that JF 1.69 just came out (+ ix161 support)... and with a 64-bit serial port driver.. nice!!!

loco502

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »

well just in time that new JF 1.69 came out to save the day, before i had a chance to write with the spoof i tried a new search and the new junglflasher was posted, downloaded it and whala!! worked without a glitch, everything is good now, just a couple games worn boot but most of the new wave 4 run perfect, thanks a lot for your help and thanks jungle team and C4E, have a very happy new year

moja

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2010, 03:30:00 AM »

Originally flashed the THX repack, 95% of my backups read as DVDs.  Reflashed with this and all is well again.  Thanks guys.

newboxflash

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2010, 04:09:00 AM »

no drama with 7 series and JF 1.67

did i miss the 1.68 JF ??

cheers for clearing the xbins story up i was wondering the same thing

have a good one all in 2010

logicwatch

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2010, 04:37:00 AM »

Thanks to all in the scene both those in and out of teamjungle and all related off shoots whoever you maybe?
Without newer firmware non stealth  /  stealth  / LT etc etc we would be going nowhere !
So although 09 will be remembered primarily as the year of the mega ban and homebrew heres to 2010
what ever it may bring we are grateful guys !
Once again thank you for all your fantastic work and happy new year to the scene  biggrin.gif

kdallas

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(newboxflash @ Jan 1 2010, 07:09 PM) View Post

did i miss the 1.68 JF ??

Nothing missed.  The same thing used to happen previous to v1.59 ... they would jump a few numbers at each release.  Presumably the version numbers are indicative of a build (of which the public won't necessarily see all), as opposed to a consecutive release number.

matt_cooper_1987

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(kdallas @ Dec 31 2009, 01:23 AM) View Post

well yeah he might be using a spear,  I've just always done it that way with perfect results.  But I'm willing to learn a better way if you could correct my ways  wink.gif

He did say it was a 74850c

use a HB pencil to bridge the r707, temporary, softer than a screw driver and cheaper than a probe, done thirty ish no problem

kdallas

• Archived User
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(matt_cooper_1987 @ Jan 2 2010, 12:06 AM) View Post

use a HB pencil to bridge the r707, temporary, softer than a screw driver and cheaper than a probe, done thirty ish no problem

not a bad idea...  but it only takes me about 20 seconds to bridge it with some angel hair wire anyway. (the soldering iron is always hot.).  And at least I know it will work 100% as opposed to pencil graphite which might be a bit hit and miss.

The way Takashi was talking made it sound like there was a totally alternative way though... not involving R707 at all.  Hmm..

Takashi

• Archived User
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »

Wasn't talking "cheaper", I don't go the cheap route.
Using a probe = no bridging.

I do BoxxDr's method on all lite-ons now, That way i have a real full backup.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10