xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth  (Read 2295 times)

jrat

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2009, 02:31:00 AM »

I'd still like to know how MS supposedly outright "detects" these firmwares.  I'm one of those who has always been online with any firmware, through all the ban waves, and still no ban to speak of.  I'm using IX 1.6 Lite-On, spoofed as MS-28.  This same console has had three different DVD drives (Sammy, BenQ, and now Lite-On).  Who knows how many different flashes I've done.

I'm not at all trying to rub it in, it's just that all the assumptions seem to conflict with my situation.  I know I'm likely to be hit with it eventually, but why not yet?  What have I done differently?  I'd like to mention though that I've never had a gold membership, not that it likely makes any difference.

Anyway, back on topic.  Thanks for the activation-free firmware, whoever supplied it (and OP). I'm gonna give this one a shot, and see if it finally gets me.

Funkchunk

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2009, 02:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(slartimitvar @ Dec 28 2009, 08:21 PM) View Post

But isn't one theory that the detection by MS happens while the firmware is performing a stealth check on the disc prior to launching the game from it?
If this is really the case then a firmware that never does any stealth checking may be able to avoid the currently used detection methods.

It sounds to me like it's worth trying if you're game enough to take the risk.

Those were my thoughts exactly. If I get banned at least we will know they are detecting something other than the stealth checks.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2009, 02:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(fred444 @ Dec 28 2009, 08:35 AM) View Post

Sorry, but you really can't prove that the fw works properly.

XBREBOOT boots EVERYTHING. I have a non-modded Benq drive in my Xbreboot console so I know this  tongue.gif
Flashing a DVD drive when Xbreboot is installed makes absolutely no sense.
Currently XBR wont boot a game unless the xex has been patched. So sticking in a standard backup on an XBR console is just the same as doing so on a stock 360, it'll see it as a dvd not a game. I don't want to re-rip and patch ALL my games again so flashing the DVD drive is the way to go.

The Dude Z

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2009, 03:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheDemonIII @ Dec 27 2009, 09:16 PM) View Post

the only way this would be true would be if the people who got banned ALWAYS booted up their 360 with the activate disk  in. if they ever booted without it, ur statement would be invalid.

How would that in any way have any effect on his statement being true?
you will get banned with this FW same as you would with 1.6 stealth.

Having activate .iso had no effects on the bannings.
The Firmware IS detectable by MS regardless of drive and FW version.
Just about every type of drive and FW version was banned in the last wave .

DaddyLongLegs

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2009, 03:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(The Dude Z @ Dec 28 2009, 11:18 AM) View Post

How would that in any way have any effect on his statement being true?
you will get banned with this FW same as you would with 1.6 stealth.

Having activate .iso had no effects on the bannings.
The Firmware IS detectable by MS regardless of drive and FW version.
Just about every type of drive and FW version was banned in the last wave .

I thought people who stuck with 1.41 all along and used good rips never got banned?

the soul poet

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2009, 03:49:00 AM »

Thanks for this

Just curious though as this is just a modified 1.6, does the ripping features of 1.6 still work as designed?

OggyUK

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »

Yes / No its non-stealth ..

If it didnt check for stealth files - it would be "Xtreme fw"

It does, afaik (not tried it)

It just enables activate permanently, - if 1.61 wasnt "stealth" and neither was 1.6, then this isnt either - simply because its 1.6 with on byte change - the same 'behaviour' c4 spoke of would still be detectable.

modslave

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2009, 05:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(straps @ Dec 28 2009, 10:01 AM) View Post

Thanks very much to whoever was involved. Boot disc has been a pain on my banned console.

Couldn't agree more, this is exactly the Christmas present I was hoping for

uk_garf

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2009, 06:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(straps @ Dec 28 2009, 10:01 AM) View Post

Thanks very much to whoever was involved. Boot disc has been a pain on my banned console.

+1

Martinchris23

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2009, 06:57:00 AM »

Great for Banned/XBR/Freeboot consoles - you should never have to reflash your drive!!!

re: people trying this online - WHY? You've already read that 1.6 firmware was exposing backups, regardless of the activate disc. You're proving nothing by trying it online and just confirming what we already know - you'll be banned.

Modify_inc

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2009, 07:46:00 AM »

Where on the internet is this it's not at the "ususal" places.

Uypdate: Nevermind...

reddragon105

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2009, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Excitedguy @ Dec 28 2009, 04:09 AM) View Post

Ok, so nobody is giving a clearcut answer to the question I have. I know this is the same as iXtreme 1.6, just patched to activate.iso is always active, yet everyone is saying it's not safe on live. I don't understand this, wouldn't I be at the same risk if I was playing a verified ABGX game on the stealth version as if I was playing on the non-stealth version? Are the only reasons people are saying this isn't safe on live is because it doesn't check for stealth?

That's what I was thinking too. Saying the firmware isn't safe on Live implies that just flashing your DVD drive with this firmware will get you banned, without playing any games or even having any disk in the drive. activate.iso overrides the stealth checks that iXtreme 1.6 would normally perform, which would allow you to boot any backup game disk, even if it wasn't properly stealth patched or was a custom made version of a game - but you should have still been safe (meaning as safe as possible) on Live as long as the disk you were using was created properly. I'm guessing this is described as not being Live safe simply because nothing is at the moment.

QUOTE(Copesnuffdss @ Dec 28 2009, 04:17 AM) View Post

Is this the same at ixtreme 1.61

Obviously not as iXtreme 1.61 is stealthed whereas this isn't. iXtreme 1.61 will only boot a disk if the video partitions are correct (up to Wave 4) and the security sectors are correct. This will boot anything as the stealth checks are bypassed - meaning it will boot all current and future waves and custom games, but also any disk that isn't properly stealth patched.

Another thing I wanted to know was what drives this firmware is available for. It's not mentioned in the news article, I had to check the other thread. It figures that it's out for everything ut Hitachi, but perhaps this should be added to the news article so that it's visible on the homepage.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(zainday @ Dec 28 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

Prolly because it's a trial and error process.....
Even c4eve so called non detectable firmwares have been detected. Many of versions.
So even the PROs don't have a NON DECTECTABLE firmware.
They eventually get figure out. It's just a matter of HOW LONG.
Maybe people are wanting to see HOW LONG with this version.
Just like people are trying the 1.41 HOW LONG.
AND IF, LT ever comes out, it will be called non detectable AGAIN.
AND , it will also be HOW LONG till it's flagged.

(added)

I'm wondering if there's more to the discs then there is to the firmware, personally.
Ever time in the passed it has always been something about the disc that has been left out that caused the bannings.
If we remember back to the last comments about LT was that the discs will need to
be splitvideo (disc related) and that they were haven problems (?) with cheaper media
and needed new discs to further test. (disc related). So to me , it kinda sounds like they were
chasing the cat and ended up at the disc tree.....Meaning it sounds kinda like they were running into
problems and kept coming back to the disc....Just my curious conclusions, but sounded to me like it might be more disc related then firmware related as far as detection....

How long for what? Noone knows how long any of this stuff takes. For all we know, MS can detect it within 2 mins of you playing whilst connected to XBL, then just hold on to the information for the next ban wave. Additionally, not everyone is being banned but this could be more down to MS deciding who they ban each time.

Trial and Error? I'm guessing you've never worked in a problem solving environment, because randomly flashing drives and chucking in an unknown amount of discs will yield zero results. If you want to participate in a trial-and-error process, then you'd need a far more structured method.

As I said, it proves NOTHING. We already know people were banned with 1.6 firmware, with and without activate discs. All that's going to happen is get a perfectly good console banned (and crippled) from XBL. If those wanting to try this just want to send me their unbanned console, I'll happily swap it for a banned one for you. After all, this is all you're going to get out of it.

It's simple - if you want to play on XBL, DON'T MODIFY YOUR CONSOLE.

zainday

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Dec 28 2009, 08:11 AM) View Post

How long for what? [How long until the firmware is dectected] Noone knows how long any of this stuff takes. For all we know, MS can detect it within 2 mins of you playing whilst connected to XBL, then just hold on to the information for the next ban wave. Additionally, not everyone is being banned but this could be more down to MS deciding who they ban each time. [Exactly , why its Trial and Error! No one knows for sure, exactly or positively]
Trial and Error? I'm guessing you've never worked in a problem solving environment, because randomly flashing drives and chucking in an unknown amount of discs will yield zero results. If you want to participate in a trial-and-error process, then you'd need a far more structured method.
[Yes , I think I, along with most, know how you problem solve....Every action has a reaction....Until you try and action, you will never know the reaction. Meaning, even c4eve had to flash his firmware (unknowing of the reaction) to test it. He had no way of knowing if it would work until he tried. And no ones flashing RANDOM firmwares, they're flashing THIS firmware, which hasn't been tested]

As I said, it proves NOTHING. We already know people were banned with 1.6 firmware, with and without activate discs. All that's going to happen is get a perfectly good console banned (and crippled) from XBL. If those wanting to try this just want to send me their unbanned console, I'll happily swap it for a banned one for you. After all, this is all you're going to get out of it.
[Yes, we do know of incidents of this happening, but if you think about the above process, your BOOTING with a stealth firmware and then inserting a disc to unstealth it.....This firmware elimanates that entire process, therefore possibly bypassing the UNKNOWN detection by MS. Like c4eve's first attempts, you have to try it before you find out the results]
It's simple - if you want to play on XBL, DON'T MODIFY YOUR CONSOLE.
[Exactly, because all firmware is trial and error....you try it out and it might work a day or it might work for years, it's all trial and error because there is no definative non dectectable firmware that will last forever, positively]

dazv6

• Archived User
iXtreme v1.6 Non-Stealth
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »

biggrin.gif  Team Jungles twitter just got updated with liteon 1.61 from c4eva with a link to download.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10