xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jungle Flasher Not Seeing Hitachi 78 Drive  (Read 191 times)

skamgdi

• Archived User
Jungle Flasher Not Seeing Hitachi 78 Drive
« on: December 24, 2009, 06:37:00 AM »

hi all i have looked at the tutorials to flash the hitachi 78 drive and i having one problem i can ge tjungle flasher to see the drive at all

i connected my sata cable to hitachi drive waited for wwindows to load and turned the xbox on cant see it the drive doesnt even come up as a letter and i tried refreshing many times

soo.

not sure if i was supposed to do this but i put the drive in mode b with my slax cd now i can see the drive as a letter in windows and in jungle flasher but on the left hand side where is says send mode b there is no drive info there... so im stuck i have no clue what im doing wrong.... now on the left mode b side there is a drop down you can change with numbers like 0078X or what ever and i tried all and nothing pops up
can any one help me out please let me know if u need more info

This post has been edited by skamgdi: Dec 24 2009, 02:40 PM

skamgdi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 06:57:00 AM »

just seen something  will this work... just put the drive in mode b with slax now i dont need to worry about mode b in jungleflasher correct? and i can just start dumping the drive and then flash  by following the directions .. omiting the mode b part because i used slax?

saleem_hacks_360s

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 06:58:00 AM »

so if you got the drive in modeb and showing in windows then use firmware toolbox.just insert a game or movie into the drive,once it reads it open firmware toolbox and do a raw dump of the drive.just be sure to check your key location and use the relevant 1.51 as there are 4 locations for 78 drive.copy and paste key etc etc!

i dont like jungleflasher for hitachi bar for modeb and unlock,after that i stick to fw toolbox as it is more rock solid for my system.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by saleem_hacks_360s: Dec 24 2009, 02:59 PM

skamgdi

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 07:04:00 AM »

hmm i guess ill have to try that i wanted to use jungle beacuse it seems more safe and automated.. any way i can get it working or i need to use fwtoolbox guess ill go read up on that again i bricked my last drive using that

hetster

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »

you can use jungle flasher..get it in mode b and then when ya see it detected in the left of jungle flasher on the right is a pull down box with all available drives..if the hitachi has a letter assigned it will show under the pull down..select the hitachi then dump/flash or restore/flash if its been done before.

personaly i would stay away from firmware toolbox if your new as there is very little in the way of failsafes.

This post has been edited by hetster: Dec 24 2009, 03:32 PM

anRkey99

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 07:52:00 AM »

Did you install the PortIO32?
This happened to me just the other day when I used JF to flash my Hitachi 46, the Drive showed up on the right drop down but was not detected on the left. Installed the PortIO32.exe and boom, there she was.
I also used SLAX CD to get the drive in Mode B.

skamgdi

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »

no i didnt install port IO because im not using a VIA card should i still install it?

and after i get it in mode b i do see the drive in the right with letter G: but it will not show up on the left in the mode b section

sould i install port IO even tho im not using a VIA card?

also i found this

Quite a few users believe JungleFlasher will report their Xbox 360 DVD
Drive being Present in the Running Log:
JungleFlasher will only show drives that have been assigned a drive letter in
windows.
The only 360 DVD Drive that has this during the process is the Hitachi
Drives (Once in mode-(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) and using WinAPI. Please, don’t be surprised if
JungleFlasher doesn’t enumerate your DVD Drive.

does this mean if the deve details are not in the left mode b section i can still continue?

This post has been edited by skamgdi: Dec 24 2009, 04:27 PM

skamgdi

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 09:34:00 AM »

any one? lol im thinking i should just use fwtoolbox...