xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

Author Topic: Boxxdr Method For Complete Lite-on Firmware Dump.  (Read 3663 times)

TopDawg69

• Archived User
Boxxdr Method For Complete Lite-on Firmware Dump.
« Reply #645 on: January 10, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »

This worked perfect for me on my 93450c using a 22 ohm resistor, thanks for the excellent tutorial!

cratos1981

• Archived User
« Reply #646 on: April 27, 2011, 04:00:00 AM »

Good Morning to everyone, i have an stupid question for you guys, in view of i already made the Mra Hack before to a Lite-on Drive but i dont remeber this last step.

The question is. After make the backup of the entire firmware of the drive with the mra hack, i just have to remove the jumpers,  repair the cut traces, close the drive, conect the drive again to the pc and just flashed?

Buzzcut

• Archived User
« Reply #647 on: April 27, 2011, 06:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(cratos1981 @ Apr 27 2011, 11:00 AM) View Post

i just have to remove the jumpers,  repair the cut traces, close the drive, conect the drive again to the pc and just flashed?

Correct.

totoz

• Archived User
« Reply #648 on: April 27, 2011, 07:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ Apr 27 2011, 01:01 PM) View Post

Correct.

I erased and flashed the moment after I dumped the fw.  (and then resoldered)
now I use Pmt method

cratos1981

• Archived User
« Reply #649 on: April 28, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »

Thanks to everyone, the drive is already flashed, the mra hack never fails.

totoz

• Archived User
« Reply #650 on: September 15, 2011, 03:58:00 AM »

f d m  there's a faster way to mod 74850!!   pmt method= no cut ,no solder (read jungleflasher tutorial)

Kurt Hectic

• Archived User
« Reply #651 on: September 29, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »

MRA problem:
method: trace cutting, powering from X360. No additional tools available.

No, please. Don't stop reading this post when I'll write this: I cannot complete "Intro/Device ID" part - I'm stuck at 0x51.

Drive: "fat" Liteon 9340c, LT 1.1. Trying to get a key from it.

Connected on "off" position - it shows up in JF. Connected while "on" - it does not. Going as guided by the JF tutorial - getting the drive to show up in JF, then power down, switch to on and then go with the "Intro/Device ID" - no results. In shows 0x80 for a short while and then goes to 0x51 and stays that way.

My brain is melting from reading and reading (including this topic, but not all of its posts).

I do exactly as in JungleFlasher tutorial. I tried cycling power by Xbox power button or by manually removing the cord from the mainboard.

DONE:
- Re-check cuts and connections
- solder 18 instead 22 resistor
- try many times, different timings (no exact specified in JF tutorial)

My questions:
1.  - is it possible I've encoutered a drive that MUST be done using additional tools and not MRA? Are there any "problematic" drives? Anyone seen such thing?
That exact drive was previously flashed by someone. Maybe there is still some remaining of it preventing me from succeeding?
I've done this method once - and had no problem. But this time... I lost a day and am still in the dark.

2. Can I freely switch the "ON/OFF" switch when the liteon is powered on? Isn't it dangerous?

3. Maybe I should go lower with the resistor? 22 and 18 didn't work. Maybe 15 will? Someone said it's not safe going below 16...

4. If it fails - buying a x360pro+probe v3 is the only way besides MRA, there is nothing cheaper, am I correct?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]