xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Most Recent Ban Wave  (Read 114 times)

danooch13

• Archived User
Most Recent Ban Wave
« on: November 17, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »

Does anyone know what they were looking for when they banned all these consoles?  Was it the games, firmwares....what??

Th3_Burn3r

• Archived User
Most Recent Ban Wave
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(danooch13 @ Nov 17 2009, 09:50 PM) *

Does anyone know what they were looking for when they banned all these consoles?  Was it the games, firmwares....what??

ask M$

danooch13

• Archived User
Most Recent Ban Wave
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »

So how do we combat it when we don't know what it is?

Someone has to know.

alwaysonjohn

• Archived User
Most Recent Ban Wave
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »

If you noticed all threads like this get moved to the newbie area.  This area is for firmware talk and not speculation.  You guys are really making the moderators get their workout over the last few weeks.

danooch13

• Archived User
Most Recent Ban Wave
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »

Ahhh thats right....I was reading in here like I usually do and posted it in the wrong spot...Been here a long time...just a mistake...

Sorry

WBones

• Archived User
Most Recent Ban Wave
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(danooch13 @ Nov 17 2009, 02:50 PM) *

Nobody knows for sure and with the rampant spread of misinformation it will be almost impossible to know until someone trusted and "in the know" (i.e. c4eva) tells us.

It definitely appears that they are detecting the firmware. Now about 70 people will quote that line from me and go on and on about how they arent detecting the firmware and they are just doing some challenge/response tests and measuring the difference in the amount of time it takes. Last time I checked if you are able to tell the difference between 2 similar objects by using a specific routine its called detection...

The rest will post up "quotes" from c4eva that may have never been said.

Going on real world experiences and my own research I have not seen anybody running a Non-Stealth firmware getting banned and the new Lite Touch firmware is going to be Non-stealth. This suggests that MS is able to detect the firmware because of the stealth checks in the firmware. There is a gracious user who has put his spare Xbox on the line and is conducting some testing for us. He took his unmodded spare Xbox and grabbed all the recent dashboard updates, etc, then flashed his BenQ drive to 1.4 Non-Stealth and is using it online to test for us. So far so good.

There have also been quite a few reports of users who have bought a brand new console, modded it and then while waiting for their first backup to finish burning were banned (i.e. never having put a disc in the drive... backup or retail).

Take from that what you will...

Just to cover my butt - I am NOT saying that 1.4 Non-Stealth firmware is safe... I am simply sharing the info that I have gathered and if you insist on going online at this time before Lite Touch is released 1.4 non-stealth may be your safest bet

danooch13

• Archived User
Most Recent Ban Wave
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »

Makes sense.

It could be that they are detecting the actual part of the software that we use to have them not detect us.

Interesting..

We will see with Lite Touch.

Takashi

• Archived User
Most Recent Ban Wave
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »

don't use stealth firmware, only non-stealth, now can we stop all these hundreds of ban threads?

Syn201

• Archived User
Most Recent Ban Wave
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 04:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Takashi @ Nov 18 2009, 12:53 AM) *

don't use stealth firmware, only non-stealth, now can we stop all these hundreds of ban threads?

yeah get ur time machine out and install the none stealth fw for a ban that most people didn't see coming
well ur at it fashion yourself a stealth fw for the lite on,don't you just love smart arses who claim to know everyone normally after the thing has happened  ..

Takashi

• Archived User
Most Recent Ban Wave
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 04:55:00 PM »

excuse me what? didn't understand any of that.

ryan282

• Archived User
Most Recent Ban Wave
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 05:23:00 PM »

I think that when you back up the game that it is never a 1 for 1 copy and there is something missing off the back-up disc that the console sends to m$ to tell them whether the game is genuine or not.Either that orwhen you modify the firmware a chipon the motherboard records that there has been a modification to the firmware and m$ can read that chip when you connect to live,like a sort of reporting thing.