xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lost Benq Key....using Jf 1.66 To Create New One  (Read 68 times)

mook.maugluek

• Archived User
Lost Benq Key....using Jf 1.66 To Create New One
« on: November 17, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »

Hello,

I have a benq drive that I erased the serial on (using the usb firmware flashing method).  I have it backed up (I think).

I noticed in the JF 1.66 .pdf guide:

http://jungleflasher.net/files/JungleFlasher.pdf

on page 112 it has the "Liteon 'Serial Fixer'".  My questions are:

1) Will this process work with benq drives?  (please reply to this question because I'm not exactly sure if I have the backed up key in question 2.)

2) Or would it be easier to use my backed up key?....anyone have a link for this process?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!

mook

KIPPERMAN32

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »

If u have a key backed up ur ok.. If not your fooked as rebuild serial info only refers to te lite-on.

mook.maugluek

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »

How do I know if I have the right key?  Does the serial number in JF match up with the one on the drive?

QUOTE(mook.maugluek @ Nov 17 2009, 12:53 PM) *

How do I know if I have the right key?  Does the serial number in JF match up with the one on the drive?

......and how do I use JF 1.66 to restore the key if I can find it?

SergioFoX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »

Did you save the log using jf?
if so it should show everything you did and if your read your firmware it will have your key and show were you saved your original file.

Hope that helps.

[email protected]

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »

Did you go through all the Jungleflasher steps and save the images every time it asked you? If so you will have a copy of the origional firmware saved somewhere, with key included. If you are wanting to restore the origional firmware just load it into jungleflasher (1st tab I think, where you can spoof image) and then write firmware using mk32 tab. If you are wanting to put ixtreme onto the drive, load origional image in 1st tab, then load ixtreme as target firmware then click spoof (middle of page). That will loads the dvd key onto the modded firmware and then just write the firmware to the dvd.

If you don't have the origional firmware backed up or the dvd.key file saved you are screwed. This can be recovered from the NAND but involves a bit of soldering and knowledge of using NAND software to read / write. This is only possible on xbox's manufactured before June of this year and without the live update from August

mook.maugluek

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »

QUOTE([email protected] @ Nov 17 2009, 01:20 PM) *

Did you go through all the Jungleflasher steps and save the images every time it asked you? If so you will have a copy of the origional firmware saved somewhere, with key included. If you are wanting to restore the origional firmware just load it into jungleflasher (1st tab I think, where you can spoof image) and then write firmware using mk32 tab. If you are wanting to put ixtreme onto the drive, load origional image in 1st tab, then load ixtreme as target firmware then click spoof (middle of page). That will loads the dvd key onto the modded firmware and then just write the firmware to the dvd.

If you don't have the origional firmware backed up or the dvd.key file saved you are screwed. This can be recovered from the NAND but involves a bit of soldering and knowledge of using NAND software to read / write. This is only possible on xbox's manufactured before June of this year and without the live update from August

I didn't use JF to flash it the first time.  I used USB360 tool.  I think I have the original.  It's saved as origin.bin....will this still work with JF?

I don't mind soldering.  Where do I find the NAND software?

alwaysonjohn

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »

yeah, go the firmware tab.  open your orig.bin or whatever its called, it should ask you to autoload ixtreme 1.61 (if you have it setup right) and from there you click yes.