xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46

Author Topic: New DVD FW in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch)  (Read 18849 times)

• Archived User
New DVD FW in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch)
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »

It seems like they (iXtreme FW) were indistinguishable from original FW, but MS found a loophole / hacked their own drive code to check. And that's being patched up now.

I'm hoping iExtreme LT is safe during this FW check. I have a Liteon 1.6 that hasn't been banned yet, but throws a 54420 error on the support page. I think that means it's flagged to do a FW test the next time I play a game whilst connected to Live. There's reports that if this check passes, the 54420 error disappears... here's hoping.

This post has been edited by 111111: Nov 10 2009, 08:06 AM

civicracer1692

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 12:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(111111 @ Nov 10 2009, 02:04 AM) View Post

It seems like they (iXtreme FW) were indistinguishable from original FW, but MS found a loophole / hacked their own drive code to check. And that's being patched up now.

I'm hoping iExtreme LT is safe during this FW check. I have a Liteon 1.6 that hasn't been banned yet, but throws a 54420 error on the support page. I think that means it's flagged to do a FW test the next time I play a game whilst connected to Live. There's reports that if this check passes, the 54420 error disappears... here's hoping.

that seems to be what i've read too.. i would flash back to stock and hook it up with a retail game and play!!

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 12:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(civicracer1692 @ Nov 10 2009, 09:07 AM) View Post

that seems to be what i've read too.. i would flash back to stock and hook it up with a retail game and play!!

The thing is, there's no stock Liteon FW. I'm just hoping that the new iXtreme will do in passing that check :3

richielong

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2009, 12:13:00 AM »

Ya my sons three week old liteon was banned yesterday. He was a gold member and had only played a couple of times on live. I am a silver member and am still not banned thankfully Benq 1.6. Good work c4eva look forward to the new firmware. Lets hope one day we can crack that box open well and truly and give MS the Bird!

Mr.RedRing

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2009, 12:22:00 AM »

This is very good news.  Tons of the people I modded systems for were banned.  Before doing it, I warn each person before hand that it: 1) Voids the Warranty, and 2) Can get you banned.  So, most of them were understanding with the situation, but disappointed.

I have not been banned on any of my 3 consoles.  I am really interested in understanding how MS is detecting/deciding on the bans.

Could it be that since some games were incorrectly patched, that they are allowing MS to read the iXtreme firmware?

sektor1062

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 12:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Fantasy Star @ Nov 10 2009, 07:04 AM) *

It sucks being so poor and newbish.

better to be newb than n00b

This post has been edited by sektor1062: Nov 10 2009, 08:30 AM

evlspcmk

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 12:30:00 AM »

hello im a small time modder here in Australia, ive done probably around 70 360s (i keep the top sheilding of the case as a trophy also helps me keep count) like every where else we got the ban wave but it struck me as odd as to the pattern. My mate was the first to call me thursday 5/11/09 saying whats going on, his is an arcade but a recycled one had all old internals Xeon motherboard and samsung 28 drive running iXtreme 1.51 all games are self created kreon rips, never used ABGX except to do stealth checks after we got banned just to see if it was the rips while all other mates and people from work were going on live fine.

Now last night it seems as if all the Lite-on's, Hitachis & BenQ's i did are getting hit now all same circumstances which for me rules out the back ups being bad, ABGX since we never used it as we rip them ourselves, using the 360 to power the drive during the flash  since i used the CK3 (some 360s were flashed before they were even first turned on)...... its very suggesting that iXtreme is indeed detectable since we were doing everything pretty much right.

GDT

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2009, 12:39:00 AM »

Is there any info about this new firmware regarding the newest liteons drive (the ones assembled in August manufactered console)?

I'm chosing to replace ma banned 360 with an used console never connected to the net with older liteon and iXtreme 1.6, played all kind of disk and early titles, or buy a new console but manufactered in August... What do you think will be the better choice?

This post has been edited by GDT: Nov 10 2009, 08:42 AM

swilso

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2009, 12:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(evlspcmk @ Nov 10 2009, 08:30 AM) View Post

...... its very suggesting that iXtreme is indeed detectable since we were doing everything pretty much right.

Im in Aus too mate. It sounds as though it is detectable, considering the first post and quoting c4eva
""[c4eva] .... all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans, No ETA!"" "

Wouldn't that suggest the ix was detectable in some way, or maybe not specifically that it's ix, rather that it is not the OFW running. I have been suggesting this from the start and being flamed.

civicracer1692

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2009, 12:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(GDT @ Nov 10 2009, 02:39 AM) View Post

Is there any info about this new firmware regarding the newest liteons drive (the ones assembled in August manufactered console)?

im sure he is going to get the most important issue taken care of first which is the Banning of 360's... theres no sense in making a new firmware for a drive that we cant currently get the key off of anyways.

halleluia

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2009, 01:18:00 AM »

Kind of off topic but I want to know an answer. Its about undumpable liteons. WEll when the 360 boots it asks the drive for the key right? so they drive gives the key might be encrypted or [email protected] why can we make a program that can send a similar command and retrieve the key? unsure.gif

djbea

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2009, 01:21:00 AM »

I have been following news of the banwaves closely for the last week and just missed it when c4eva said it was the firmwares fault. Wish I would have noticed sooner. O well I hardly play online anyway. I'll still keep playing my games as usual just no need anymore to pay $50 a year for Live or update my firmware all the time. Kinda nice to be banned.

GamerBR

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »

c4eva is hiding something or bluffing.He first said that FW was not detectable,and he believed the problem was with warez releases,if he discovered the answer,for the FW make any difference,he was wrong at first and now is hiding the reason the banning.Or he is just bluffing.

Jonny Balla

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2009, 01:23:00 AM »

Makes sense that it was a hole in the iXtreme firmware that M$ was able to exploit with their recent update that has led to all the bans. There was just way too many people banned and many of them ones that played it extremely safe, myself included. I've personally modded nearly 40 boxes and most of the guys that play on Live have been dropping like flies. All except one guy I know who is running a non-stealth version of iXtreme 1.4 firmware. Of everyone I know I expected him to go first because he is most wreckless of all - always plays games before release and has passed along several copies to me that failed abgx360 verification. Could it be the reason he has not been banned is because iXtreme 1.4 is a more efficient firmware that does not have these holes that M$ has potentially been able to exploit? After all, I haven't heard of too many people being banned that are running non-stealth versions of iXtreme 1.4. I understand this is likely because there aren't too many people using it because it was thought not to be safe, but so far he's the only one I know not banned.

logicwatch

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2009, 01:36:00 AM »

as always C4eva we are grateful for anything we receive . banned or not  , without your free firmware over the years  none of us would of been able to enjoy the modding community worldwide !
thank you  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46