xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Team HyperX IXtreme v1.61 FW for Samsung and BenQ Drives *Updated*  (Read 2234 times)

iglitare

• Archived User
Team HyperX IXtreme v1.61 FW for Samsung and BenQ Drives *Updated*
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 04:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(ZakMcRofl @ Oct 30 2009, 09:42 AM) *

At the current pace (Wave3 came 4 months after NXE, Wave4 came 2 months after August Dash Update) it is not unrealistic to expect Wave5 in the next 4 months (January if we calculate November Dash + 2 Months).

This alone should be motivation to consider a firmware that behaves like this:
if (date < wave4_start_date) verifyWaveMatchesDate())
else acceptWave4AndUnknownWaves()

So it would still be able to check for "moron disks" (patched to older wave) but it would accept newer waves.
Call it Xtreme 1.61 to indicate that its not "moron safe" and should only be used in combination with abgx360 checks. abgx360 would warn about the new wave anyways and its much easier to update software then firmware.

Here's my reasoning:
Let's assume there are 3 groups of users:
Class A is fully aware of the risks and checks every disk in abgx360 (A+ only plays if it verifies against online DB or is self ripped).
Class B are people who download/make backups and put them into their 360 without checking them.
Class C are morons that just buy a flashed Xbox and know nothing about anything. They only care that 'games work'. They get their disks from friends that belong to Class B or A.

Obviously Class A does not need protection/babysitting by firmware. They are the first to know about new waves and would post on X-S if a new wave shows up.

Class B would read about this new wave thing on their download source or just put the disk into the 360. This would not affect their stealth as long as nothing major changed. In the later case they obviously do not care about stealth and they are the ones patching to lower waves.
So Ixtreme does not fully protect them, if anything it encourages them to produce "frankendisks" with patched wave.

Class C does not know about what's going on. If they are supplied from Class A, they are fine. If they are supplied from Class B, they might get a frankendisk and be banned for it. Ixtreme does not protect them.

Conclusion: Rejecting a perfectly valid PFI just because it was unknown at the time of firmware creating leads to more risks for Class B and C. It does not result in more safety. Sure, if you assume everyone updates their drive firmware regulary, Ixtreme would protect them most of the time. But we all know Class B and Class C are unlikely to update their firmware. They just want their backups to work.

In the end, all this is purely academic. Unless someone knows how to patch IXtreme, we should be happy with C4EVA makes for us. His work is greatly appreciated.
However this gratitude should not stop us from discussing alternative approaches for future firmware.

this is pretty much all together piracy talk.
Guys who "supply" others with games...
?
Have you lost your mind talking such things in a forum like this?
people have been banned from this forum for less then this.

There is only one group of people.
They have there own original backuped.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
So no need for "moron disks check"

allyant

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2009, 04:40:00 AM »

Works on my BenQ with a backup of GTA Episodes From Liberty City.

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2009, 04:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Vejita @ Oct 30 2009, 06:08 AM) View Post

Does anyone know about this firmware on Xbins for BenQ:

Benq_iXtreme_1.41_Rev_2_Non-Stealth_Multispeed

Does this firmware not check the vid partition and PFI like ix1.51 for Hitachi drives  but uses the stealth on disc or does it not have any stealth checks at all (ignoring stealth on disc) and thus is completely unsafe even if you use games completely verified by ABGX?

Would like to know this also. I would check myself but I don't have a working BenQ right now.

To be honest I can't be bothered with upgrading mine and my mates drives every few months. I'd rather flash with a slightly less safe fw and take my chances. Cos lets face it, even those of us with the latest fw still aren't completely safe. Microsoft have detected every previous release within a few months of it's arrival... hence why we are now about 30 releases down the line. They will crack 1.6x and drop the ban hammer again... it's just a matter of time, imo.

I'd be happy to use 5.3 for Samsungs, 1.51 for Hitachi and 1.41 (non stealth) for Benq's. Then all we'll need is a Liteon solution.

sandeman22

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2009, 04:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(jkline @ Oct 30 2009, 11:25 AM) *

I have flashed my benQ VAD6038 with this 1.61 works and loads wave 4 games just fine. I used iprep as im not a jungle flasher fan at all. here r the benq and samsung ixtreme 1.61 FW
BenQ

[url=
Samsung

Bye bye

(IMG:http://www.seat-online.nl/forum/Smileys/seat-online/a010.gif)
(IMG:http://www.seat-online.nl/forum/Smileys/seat-online/a010.gif)

[email protected]

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2009, 05:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(pigbait @ Oct 30 2009, 11:26 AM) View Post

see your the guy that doesn't understand that when you modd you console you got to live with the fact that you may get banned or you may not... And if you do that's life and life go's on. The amount of cash I've saved is off the hook so if I loose my GT or my xbox I'll buy a new one and just rebuy all my DLC I still saved money...
Yes and I agree with you aswell there are many assholes out there that don't help at all with there ideas.

But back on topic.... LOL

I understand perfectly well that everyone who goes on live is risking being banned. That however has nothing to do with with anything I said. My point was this

1- Without wave compliance built into the software for every new wave there may come a point where Microsoft finds a way to identify modded consoles. Someone found out how to circumvent Microsoft's protection, is it so hard to believe that Microsoft would find a way of circumventing the modded software? This would result in mass banning of all users who go on live.

2- People are just damn lazy if they can't be bothered to spend 10 seconds switching a disk. Especially compared to the amount of hours wasted playing on games.

Reading your post I realise that you probably didn't even read / understand what I was saying or just decided to misquote my post to validate your own reasoning. Either that or your a troll trying to get a response.

ZakMcRofl

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2009, 05:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(iglitare @ Oct 30 2009, 12:01 PM) View Post

this is pretty much all together piracy talk.
Guys who "supply" others with games...
?
Have you lost your mind talking such things in a forum like this?
people have been banned from this forum for less then this.

There is only one group of people.
They have there own original backuped.  wink.gif
So no need for "moron disks check"

Yes, I phrased that badly. Obviously I meant that they own the games and are only getting their backups made by a friend who has a Kreon drive. Who may or may not change the wave to make it work for them.

My post was made to encourage discussion, not to promote piracy. As explained this affects legit backups as well since they will also not work on a Ixtreme 1.60 console without wave manipulation. And I personally have friends with kids who ask me to make copies of their retail games. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

pigbait

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2009, 06:04:00 AM »

QUOTE([email protected] @ Oct 30 2009, 01:03 PM) *

I understand perfectly well that everyone who goes on live is risking being banned. That however has nothing to do with with anything I said. My point was this

1- Without wave compliance built into the software for every new wave there may come a point where Microsoft finds a way to identify modded consoles. Someone found out how to circumvent Microsoft's protection, is it so hard to believe that Microsoft would find a way of circumventing the modded software? This would result in mass banning of all users who go on live.

2- People are just damn lazy if they can't be bothered to spend 10 seconds switching a disk. Especially compared to the amount of hours wasted playing on games.
Reading your post I realise that you probably didn't even read / understand what I was saying or just decided to misquote my post to validate your own reasoning. Either that or your a troll trying to get a response.

No... I did read your post and I do understand... Like it was said in other post... how long till ms looks at you swaping a disk every time you wanna play a game. your just to lazy to use abgx to check you backup. That why abgx is a damn good tool cuz it will tell you what wave your game is. Oh and by the way your the troll ass face!

This post has been edited by pigbait: Oct 30 2009, 01:08 PM

technazz

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »

Does this firmware work on a LiteOn 83850c?

Thx Technazz

dangal

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2009, 06:43:00 AM »

thanks a lot for this fw!!!!
Im waiting for 1.61 for my liteon an MW2!!!!

logicwatch

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2009, 06:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(technazz @ Oct 30 2009, 12:41 PM) *

Does this firmware work on a LiteOn 83850c?
 Thx Technazz

liteon to follow soon this version samsung and benq ONLY !!!

Menotti

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2009, 06:48:00 AM »

Thanks! But I will continue to use the bootloader for Wave4.  Just can't bring myself to open my console for a .1 release  smile.gif  But as always, awesome work!!!

tokyodrifte

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2009, 06:49:00 AM »

To be honest, at some point the updates will become less frequent. Thus less waves, oh and at some point the progression of the JTAG hack will proberly offer us some ultimate features to nail this burden.

dbldown768

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2009, 07:18:00 AM »

all the complaining and suggestions just drives me crazy.  This thread shouldnt have much of anything other than a big thanks to the hard work done.

CpeshalElimpix

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(dbldown768 @ Oct 30 2009, 06:18 AM) *

all the complaining and suggestions just drives me crazy.  This thread shouldnt have much of anything other than a big thanks to the hard work done.

Thank you all involved in getting this released ^^

Installed for BenQ, all backups are working and wave 4's working perfectly.

Thanks again  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

bigdong31157

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2009, 07:38:00 AM »

Do I need to use my "probe" again on my Benq VAD6038 to update 1.6 => 1.61 or just flash as normal.

Thanks!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17