xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hitachi 1.51 Question - Wave 4  (Read 92 times)

annihil8tion

• Archived User
Hitachi 1.51 Question - Wave 4
« on: October 29, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »

Guys noob question..

I just spoofed my Hitachi 79 with my Lite-On keys...

I read everything fine..

My question is

Is it correct that 1.51 Hitachi will boot wave 4 successfully, and with a verified rip I am just as safe as a verified rip on a Samsung 1.61 playing a wave 4?

XmdawgX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »

Yes, it should boot wave 4 games no problem.

And yes, you are just as safe on 1.51 as you would be on 1.61, however... Make sure the disc is a good rip.

A bad rip could easily result in a ban from live.  Use abgx360 1.0.1 for now, but I've had a few issues here and there with wave 4 games.

When 1.0.2 comes out, it will fully support wave 4.  I'd still run it through 1.0.1 just to be extra careful and see if it passes.  If it passes it's good.  If it fails, it could be good, but I'd double check but wouldn't sweat it too much if you know you backed it up right.  I've backed up one or two that came up with a corrupt video partition...  I've ripped it several times and it always says the same thing.  Not 100% sure whats up.  It does boot with 1.61 though on my BenQ.  I still haven't found the answer to weather 1.61 is just a check bypass or a strict compliance though.

annihil8tion

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »

Thanks man.

SO it looks like Hitachi is superior...  

Outside of any hardware failures.. Looks like this is the drive to have...

XmdawgX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »

Nah,

The LiteOn and BenQ are far superior to the Hitachi drives.  Hitachi's are much louder and in my opinion load slower.  They also refuse to read alot more discs as well.

If I had to pick, I'd go with the BenQ.  I bought one on ebay awhile ago and replaced my samsung xbox with it.  Its so much quieter and will read almost any brand of discs.  Regardless I still use verbatims, I never get read errors like I do with my hitachi box.

The LiteOn is really just the BenQ with some minor hardware changes as well as firmware changes to combat the whole iXtreme firmware thing.