xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hitachi 47 1.51 Speed  (Read 88 times)

gertgert

• Archived User
Hitachi 47 1.51 Speed
« on: October 11, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »

Hello Compagnon's,

First i like to introduce myself. I'm Gert from The Netherlands. So if my spelling or
grammatic's is wrong in a part of my story don't hesitate to ask for explanation.
Now my story:
I have a Hitachi 47 drive. Before last week i have had ixtreme 1.4 installed on it.
Then i wanted to play 3rd wave games, so i needed 1.51. Using xbins, JF or iprep
was never an issue with me, since there are great tutorials.
But now, having my personal xbox flashed with 1.51 Ixtreme final firmware, it is
really noisy. I have heard worse but it is still quite annoying.
After a long search i came across a couple of ways to change it, like the GX-Mod
and the hex-edit way. The GX-mod does not work, as the MD5 HASH is changed
along with it, and Jungle Flasher won't accept it
. And the hexeditor is to hard for
me i guess, because i don't seem able to find adresses (what are those)

I think it should be possible, until the 1.51 came out different drive speeds were
available. So,How do i turn the 1.51 hit 47 firmware into 8x speed
and be able to flash with Jungle Flasher?

As i have searched i came across a lot of warnings but no actual answers, so:
Don't warn me about getting banned, i never play online!!

Thank you all in advance

This post has been edited by gertgert: Oct 11 2009, 03:20 PM

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
Hitachi 47 1.51 Speed
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »

Use jungleflasher and restore your drive to original. Then go to xbins and get a older version of Firmware toolbox and use the smart hack patcher to make a Xtreme 8x firmware. (not iXtreme) And flash it in Firmware toolbox.

The old Xtreme firmware works perfect with all waves of games but is not safe online (you don't care)

I know you wanted to see if you could do this in jungleflasher. But I don't think you can very easy.

I personnaly don't think you should settle for 8x speed. I have flashed over 500 xbox 360's all running at 12x . If it didn't read media at 12x i fix it by replacing the laser or the entire drive.

Lasers are about $10-15 and new drives are $30-40

Good luck! And be careful Hitachi is so easy to brick! (especially with firmware toolbox)

gertgert

• Archived User
Hitachi 47 1.51 Speed
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Oct 11 2009, 06:59 PM) *

Use jungleflasher and restore your drive to original. Then go to xbins and get a older version of Firmware toolbox and use the smart hack patcher to make a Xtreme 8x firmware. (not iXtreme) And flash it in Firmware toolbox.

The old Xtreme firmware works perfect with all waves of games but is not safe online (you don't care)

I know you wanted to see if you could do this in jungleflasher. But I don't think you can very easy.

I personnaly don't think you should settle for 8x speed. I have flashed over 500 xbox 360's all running at 12x . If it didn't read media at 12x i fix it by replacing the laser or the entire drive.

Lasers are about $10-15 and new drives are $30-40

Good luck! And be careful Hitachi is so easy to brick! (especially with firmware toolbox)

Thanks a lot! This info was really hard to find.
You'll hear from me soon.

SilentBob1638

• Archived User
Hitachi 47 1.51 Speed
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »

Maybe you should consider adding a HDD to play games from there instead. No noise (from DVD-ROM) and faster loading times.

gertgert

• Archived User
Hitachi 47 1.51 Speed
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(SilentBob1638 @ Oct 12 2009, 02:52 AM) *

Maybe you should consider adding a HDD to play games from there instead. No noise (from DVD-ROM) and faster loading times.

I've considered it. However, i own a hard drive of 20gb. Its capacity is to small for me.
And i like things easy. Here we have a saying: Who does not search the comfort, is lazy.

SilentBob1638

• Archived User
Hitachi 47 1.51 Speed
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »

Then i would upgrade to max capacity (120GB?) and/or swap drive to Lite-On even though its neither the quietest as well. I think 250GB drives are also on its way. You can mod a custom HDD to save some bucks.

This post has been edited by SilentBob1638: Oct 12 2009, 06:11 PM