xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Via Drivers  (Read 58 times)

AFNinja

• Archived User
Via Drivers
« on: October 11, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »

All,

Was not sure if anybody knwe this or not.  I have been having such a hard time getting everything up and running on my setup.  I got the right card the right software and nothing seemed to go as the tutorials or anybody I tried to talk to had suggested.  Then I ran accross a forum that had a guy with a almost identical problem.  He too could not find help then at the bottom submitted one post.  It said never mind I just used an older via driver and I'm good.  So I did a little reasearch and found out if I used any VIA driver older than 5.20c that I was having problems.  Right now I have 5.20c loaded and everything works like a charm.  Maybe some others are out there with no hair left pulling up scalp.  If you tried all else try the drivers for you via card.  You buy it new it comes with the newest drivers.  Hope I help somebody.

Also a quick thanks to everybody for all thier quick assistance.  You guys who help out with what you can instead of flame at every chance are what make these and other forums so great.  Thanks

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
Via Drivers
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(AFNinja @ Oct 11 2009, 12:03 PM) *

All,

Was not sure if anybody knwe this or not.  I have been having such a hard time getting everything up and running on my setup.  I got the right card the right software and nothing seemed to go as the tutorials or anybody I tried to talk to had suggested.  Then I ran accross a forum that had a guy with a almost identical problem.  He too could not find help then at the bottom submitted one post.  It said never mind I just used an older via driver and I'm good.  So I did a little reasearch and found out if I used any VIA driver older than 5.20c that I was having problems.  Right now I have 5.20c loaded and everything works like a charm.  Maybe some others are out there with no hair left pulling up scalp.  If you tried all else try the drivers for you via card.  You buy it new it comes with the newest drivers.  Hope I help somebody.

Also a quick thanks to everybody for all thier quick assistance.  You guys who help out with what you can instead of flame at every chance are what make these and other forums so great.  Thanks

The set-up that works for me is No Via Drivers at all. I have a ! error in my device manger even for the via card. The port i/o drivers allow the flashing tools to address the SATA card directly so no other drivers are needed.
The exception to this would be if you wanted to flash a Hitachi drive in the Windows API mode. In that case you would want a driver installed. Jungleflasher says it can flash hitachi without using winapi mode but it has never worked for me so i have a dual boot setup.

AFNinja

• Archived User
Via Drivers
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »

My problem was not with flashing at all.  Flashing worked great all SATA inputs all XBOX drives hitachi, samsung, etc.  My problem was getting windows to see my drive for back-up of disks.  It would not see the drive and would not even think of trying to back up the disk on it.  Changed drivers for the VIA and bam no issues period.

AFNinja

• Archived User
Via Drivers
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »

Also read back on my post and it is not drivers that are older than 5.20C.  It is drivers that are newer that are the problem.  The new drivers are the bad ones the old drivers wirked.  I hope people don't read the first post and miss that.

hardie

• Archived User
Via Drivers
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 01:04:00 AM »

i have a samsung flashed with 1.6 firmware strictly for backing up
dont need via drivers for this plug in to motherboard sata
you will need a connectivity kit plugged in to eject the drive as windows recognizes drive but eject function doesnt work
but hey if it works for you ................

This post has been edited by hardie: Oct 12 2009, 08:06 AM