xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ms28 Bad Flash  (Read 43 times)

Benzdee

• Archived User
Ms28 Bad Flash
« on: October 10, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »

Hi i'm new to this so please go easy on me...my ms28 was already flashed... so i bought the Via VT6421a to upgrade to 1.6 and followed jungleflasher steps on my windows 7 version. The unlocking the drive was not a problem. But when it came to reading the drive on MTK flash 32, i get a 0 with 1 dote for hours. without backing up my firmware I load the 1.6 firmware and click write...so i ended up with erasing and writing failure all the banks. so now when I turn on my 360, the green light keeps flashing.... so is there a way to fix this? if not i have a hitachi 78fk that i can use to swap but how to do it?

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
Ms28 Bad Flash
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »

Oh my,

Well you hit erase and you have no original.bin so you are SOL for ever getting the key back from the drive.

The good news! Recently a hack came out that allows people to get the key from the motherboard. The bad news is if you have been on xbox live in last 8 weeks then Microsoft fixed the hole that allowed this.  

Here is some reading for you. TSOP dumping the Xenon 360

Benzdee

• Archived User
Ms28 Bad Flash
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Oct 10 2009, 03:17 PM) *

Oh my,

Well you hit erase and you have no original.bin so you are SOL for ever getting the key back from the drive.

The good news! Recently a hack came out that allows people to get the key from the motherboard. The bad news is if you have been on xbox live in last 8 weeks then Microsoft fixed the hole that allowed this.  

Here is some reading for you. TSOP dumping the Xenon 360

and is it true that there is no way to swap dvds without the key?

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
Ms28 Bad Flash
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 04:33:00 PM »

Without the key all you have is a shitty DVD player.