xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Help Please Help!  (Read 279 times)

MadSharkbite

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Help Please Help!
« on: September 09, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »

Hey what's up every one.
I have been reflowing and fixing xboxs for over a year now and I have been having some troubles.
Okay so I have been buying xboxs off of ebay do a long time now and I have had a couple of Jasper's and falcons that had the RROD and I would reflow them and after the reflow is completed it gives me a different error code and its 0110.
Today I have reflowed a xbox 360 with the error 0020 so after the reflow it was acting like it was going to work but instead it gave me he error 0110. This was a falcon xbox 360
About a week ago i reflowed a jasper and it gave me the error 0110 after the reflow.
I'm using a 45x45mm nozzle with a aoyue 969a+ t8280 preheating plate. And I have a great profile
If you guys could give me some advise on what to do that would be great,
And I also have a weird Xbox 360 right now, I bought it in a lot and I noticed that the USB port had the black thing touching inside or the USB port. And so I moved it back me then it powered on. Then I noticed that it would not turn off and the only way I could turn it off would be to unplug it. So I did that and then I plugged it back up and it would not power back on, but if you let it sit for like 5mins it will boot back up again.
Hopefully some body can help me.
Thanks

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 06:47:00 PM »

Both codes 0020 and 0110 are bad - especially for a Gpu firmly rooted on the motherboard.

You have killed sectors on the chip.  0020 - is a dead power core.  0110 is most likely a fried Edram sector.

These two sectors are topped by the chip die.  The chip die is meant to focus produced heat into the Heat sink.  Because they are conductive - they can also pull heat the wrong direction.

Your hot air station application had a flaw somewhere in the execution.  

You should be using Kapton tape on your Processor chips - to protect them

MadSharkbite

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »

Okay thanks so much.