xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Loading Music To Hd From Usb  (Read 126 times)

griffinmt

• Archived User
Loading Music To Hd From Usb
« on: February 25, 2013, 05:33:00 PM »

I just bought a slim 4gb and added a 320gb drive (using hddhackr). I am not ready to do jtag etc yet, but want to know how to load music files from a usb drive onto the hard drive. They are mp3 and wma files.
The instructions I have found must be for the older xbox because I do not have the same menu items on mine.

TIA
Martyn

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »

If I recall correctly, someone wrote an app a few years ago to rebuild the on-drive database of music to enable transferring music without ripping from CD, but I could not tell you what it was called or if it still works. I believe it was on the front page at the time, but that's about all I could tell you.

If you don't want to deal with that, your best option is streaming from network.

griffinmt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »

I have about 850 of my favorite songs already ripped to my pc, but I don't want to stream them while playing. Do you think I could create an "audio" dvd with most of them on it, then have the xbox rip that?

TIA
Martyn

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »

I have never tried, so I don't know if it would work. If the 360 supports audio DVDs, then yes. If not, then no. You'll have to test it to find out.

griffinmt

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »

Turns out I don't have software to create an audio format using dvd, if there is such a thing. It can only make cd format.

Just putting about 750 mp3 and wma files onto a data dvd allows me to play them on the xbox (takes a long time to read them all!) but I can't copy them to the hd that way.

Oh well.

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 08:24:00 AM »

why not just stream acros your local WLAN?

i have thousands of track on my desktop that i can access at any time in dash or during gameplay.

it doesnt affect your gaming at all, causes no LAG whilst online play etc

seems your going the long way for a shortcut!