xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is There A Guide For Reflashing Without Modding?  (Read 82 times)

Shotokan5150

• Archived User
Is There A Guide For Reflashing Without Modding?
« on: September 02, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »

I gotta replace a liteon drive for a friend the laser took a shit in the old drive but I can still read it get keys dump files ect ect. I ordered him a new drive and need to flash the drive so it will work with his 360 and also needs to work on live. I am not modding I just want to write a clean and safe image back to his NEW drive that will work for him like new. How should I go about this is there a writeup anywhere on this? I was also considering just swaping the boards on the drives and it should just work without rewrite correct? Whats my best  route to take here?

Thanks in advance.

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »

Swapping the boards would likely be the easier solution if the laser is what's bad. I would have recommended just replacing the laser as it's much cheaper and easier, but since you've already bought the drive, swapping the PCB is likely the way to go.

RhoTrux64

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:32:00 AM »

Flashing the key to the new drive is the same process as modding.  With the right tools that could be done in five minutes.  Swapping the PCB will require soldering (I'm sure you were already aware).  Not my forte.  Laser replacement would have been cheapest route.