xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: Ninjahacket.net - Dead?  (Read 4870 times)

OOFMATIC

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »

cypher: I am thinking about starting up a soul calibur 2 hacking forum using invision. What deal from them do u reccommend and is there a chance namco will try to crack down on me?

xboxhizza

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

This was very shocking and sad news when i found out about the lawsuit.

Cypher we need to ask the XboxScene admins to pin a notice on the front page or something for all members and visitors of xboxscene to join a boycott against Tecmo by sending an email or handwritten letter to Tecmo saying that we will imediatly cease to buy any and all future Tecmo or TeamNinja Products if they do not immediatly drop there lawsuit against you and Ninjahacker.net.

XboxScene has 192,971 total members so far which continues to grow every day not including the tens of thousands of visitors.  That would an very severe monetary loss for Tecmo.

In Itagakis lastest interview he said that DOA4 was expedited to be TeamNinjas very next future release, followed by Ninja Gaiden2, CodeCronus and DOAX Beach Volyball 2.

We can assume that each game will cost at least 50 dollars each.

For example if we only consider DOA4 alone:
192,971 multiplied by 50 is  $9,648,550 dollars that Tecmo would lose to a boycott!

If only half the XboxScene members joined the boycot that would be
96,485 x 50 =  $4,824,250 dollars lost to a boycott!

Now if we considered all 4 games to be released DOA4, NG2, CC, and DOAXBV2:
We have 192,971 x 200 =  $38,594,200 dollars lost to a boycott!!!

If only half the XboxScene members joined the boycot that would be
96,485 x 200 =  $19,297,100 dollars lost to a boycott!

This e-mail boycott campain would put an extreme amount of pressure on Tecmo. Just the mere thought alone of potentially lossing 40 million dollars to 200,000 people threatening to partake in a boycott should really make Tecmo think about whether the potential monetary loss of 40 million dollars is really worth continuing their lawsuit against Cypher and Ninjahacker.net.

Cypher they could also add to the notice for all to please donate to you for a legal defense fund. You could ask for hopefully 5-10 dollars or more each but at least a 1 dollar donation for your legal defense. If all only half the XboxScene members donated only 1 dollar each that would still be 100,000 dollars. I know many would be willing to donate including myself. We are all very gratefull for the site you have given us.

The XboxScene admins are:

XanTium
Syrus
HSDEMONZ
Iriez

Please contact them to see if this can be set up! This is Very Important for all of us who love the DOA and XBOX modding scene!  We all love ninjahacker.net for many years and none of us want to see it get killed!

cypher35

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »

I don't want to jump to too many conclusions here yet...  we don't need to start boycotting tecmo, nor do we have to worry about setting up ftp servers and mirrors and backing up all we can from the website.

The entire website is still there, all that i did was replace the main page index with a simple script that redirects everyone to that message.

When i recieve an official complaint from tecmo (next week most likely) then we can start discussing the situation.

yardguy00

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »

wink.gif
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/doa3skin/

another sensible alternative is xbox-saves.com
i imagine they wont mind us hanging out for a while
kinda helps to know the mods  wink.gif

also id think more ppl would be willing to donate to the "save the cypher fund" if it were tax deductible wink.gif
but seriously IS there somewhere we can send $$$?

diablofreak

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2005, 12:14:00 AM »

how is this any different than making your own damn skin in unreal tournament or your decal rainbow six?

brienj

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2005, 07:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(yardguy00 @ Jan 27 2005, 10:50 PM)
another sensible alternative is xbox-saves.com

creator441

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

unsure.gif ). But if cash is needed you can count me in and more than 10$ for sure.

As for moving to another website, I say let's wait for some news from cypher still, but yardguy, if needed I can translate that french website for you, although altavista can probably do a good job for much of the website's contents  wink.gif . Button for registering is called "Inscription". I think maybe xbox-saves can be a better alternative though.

Tecmo really pisses me off by doing such an incomprehensible move. Can't wait to know what this is all about  grr.gif

Best of luck to cypher, i'll keep checking this thread for the news.

Tidus_Beta

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »

cypher any idea what the souce code was for? the christie port? model data? or wat?

cypher35

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »

you could be right, but i was unaware that posting such renders was illegal...  granted, i can see why some of the more distasteful renders may have pissed them off, but i always thought it was just up there in the same category with fan art.

even so, i don't think i can be held responsable for another members posts on my message board.  i hope the lawyers see it the same way.

Rayzor5000

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »

Itagaki said before that he thinks having the girls appear nude is tasteless, but if you think about it there's always some company in Japan making knock-off hentai manga and anime with licensed characters. That's not going to change. It's kinda like the P2P community. If you take one out, there's already 15 more taking its place.

ZASADAR

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »

rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif  I hope they like it maybe it will be their flavor! rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif

FM77

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »

From what I've heard, Itagaki's attitude about adult fanart and such is... pretty bizarre, really, by Japanese standards.

I was at a panel last year given by Lea Hernandez about the time she worked for Gainax. (Who are responsible for Neon Genesis Evangelion, among other things.) They apparently loved seeing people start making hentai doujinshi about their characters, because that told them when something was getting popular.

... But since the quote said "posted modified versions of plaintiff's source code", I doubt that's the issue. Still, I can't think of anything else that was on the site that could be considered "source code" either. The most likely thing might be the DOAU skins that were distributed before the encryption was cracked... but then why nothing before about the same basic practice with DOA3? (And if it's about DOA3, their reaction time is *way* off...) I wouldn't consider either of those *source*, but it's probably the closest thing to it that would be there.

-FM77, wonders why cypher wouldn't have gotten any official notification already... `.`

cypher35

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

nice to see you here FM77.

To answer your question, i have gotten a summons, which is nothing more than a vague list of complaints like "violation of copyrights" which doesn't really tell me anything about what specificly is in breach of the copyright laws.

As for "posted modified versions of plaintiff's source code", that quote was taken form a third party's website and i don't know how accurate that statement is.  They could have been summorizing something, or just not knowing what they were talking about.  They even went so far as to call me an "alleged hacker" along with my friend who has absoluely nothing to do with the website...  It was obviously made without having done a whole lot of research into the situation.

kungfujesus

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »

It sucks cuz tecmo could probably win this thing easily just by saying they have a warning at the opening of their games that says you cant modify the game in any way at all, and plus the fact that MS frowns on modded xbox's in the first place.. so they have the upper hand

SGT DUDE

• Archived User
Ninjahacket.net - Dead?
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »

I suport NH and would gladly donate $10 in the least.  I hope Things turn out ok for ya cypher and I will keep an eye on this thread for Updates.  Damn it and I just got my Kasumi Xbox.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38