xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Ghost Recon 2  (Read 405 times)

Phantom1029

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« on: November 28, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »

Has anyone messed with Ghost Recon 2?  I managed to as about 30 or so britiish soldiers to the first level just by copy/paste a file in the missions directory.  I tried editing the weapon data (increasing accuracy range, reducing recoil, etc.) but it didn't seem to have an effect.

I made sure I cleared the cache, but the weapon still didn't seem to change from normal.  

Anyone have anyluck with it? The game uses a lot of scripts so I imagine we could do some interesting stuff with this.  I tried getting 40 or so british soldiers to spawn as well as 60 enemies in a nearby location (imagine the huge battle!), but I keep getting an error.

IronestMaiden

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

dont mess with an already outstanding game

knicksrule

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »

Dont Be A ASS IronestMaiden,i think we can do some cool shit to.

koringe

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »

i think just the spawning sounds bad ass. im gonna have to try it. i wonder if you could do something like that in a co op game.

thanks
koringe

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

i'm pretty sure you can change how much ammo you can have in kits.  not much use though.  might be able to change the kits around some also, but with the changes they made, really not much use.  unless you wanted to have a 16 on 16 war with rocket launchers and unlimited shells.  

with the exception of making the game harder with increased ai, i'm not sure you can do much else.  i had the same problem trying to alter the weapons.  but it is basically the same issue as i had trying it in gr:it.  

too bad people arent into editing the maps for gr2 like that are in halo2 and rb6.  

and i didnt quite get ths statement
I managed to as about 30 or so britiish soldiers to the first level just by copy/paste a file in the missions directory

what did you do, and what did it do in the game?

Phantom1029

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »

To get the extra british soldiers in the first level (airfield) edit this file

sp_mission_01_s01_airfield.mis  (in the missions/ directory)

This is what i did and it worked, I tried coop (multiplayer) but it did not work for some reason.  I just copied and pasted whats below many times in the same "team" and it worked.

I copied under this team.
<Team IgorId = "9" ScriptId = "9" Name = "Team British2">

CODE

cant get this to look any prettier, sorry

Do you know the british soldiers that are held down by the koreans (the first enemies you meet at the gun emplacements) ?  Well this will create many more of them.  There may be a limit to how much you create, so try creating 10 or so more at first.   You will then have a whole army at your side during the mission!

This post has been edited by Phantom1029: Dec 1 2004, 04:38 AM

Helios

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »

Well I have 6 weeks at least of holidays and I have had ALOT of experience with messing with GR and all other games to do with Ubisoft. This week I plan on ripping this baby to shreds in hope of making the GR2 experience even more awesome.... It is truly a cool game and I wanna mess with it as much as I can.... Yea GR2 uses alot of scripts which run off the games engine so it will be pretty straight foward to make funny, obscure or stupid scripts... Anyway I will be starting tomorrow and I will post back with my finidings!

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 11:37:00 PM »

Helios,

An apparently easy file to mod should be the weapons file.  I tried this in GR:IT, and it didnt work.  It almost pulls up in a text editor, but there are some "odd" characters here and there.  So when it saves, it just doesnt work.  Do you know/have a program that this file could be opened with, modded, then saved?

barranger

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

My guess is that most of the true information will have to wait till the PC version is released with the new version of Igor (The GR editing tool).

However, if someone has a copy of the PS2 version, it would be interesting to see what you find.  My guess is that some of the different maps/missions may be playable after a few modifications.

IronestMaiden

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 10:11:00 AM »

ya thats my assumption to wait for the pc version to come out to see how the game is structured and see how and what is consisted in launching a map.helouis i already have gotten maps ot come up in teh map listing screen but i need to know how to boot them as they do freeze up during the loading screen.also could it be possible that none of the old gr maps would work with gr2(thats what happened with black arrow,maps werent backwards compatible)

barranger

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »

I would have been extremely suprised if the old maps were backwards compatible

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

with the graphical difference, i cant see how'd they'd be compatible either.  even without map editing, would be nice to alter some other stuff.  weapon configs, number of ai, stuff like that.  

i think it would be great if a team of people could be motivated enough to do with gr2 what others have done with rb6 or halo.  i've always thought that gr is a better game, gr2 definately is, but it never gets the well deserved attention.

barranger

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

I was under the impression that the graphical differences were just in the resolution of the textures that the engine can support.  If that's the case, then there should be no reason why the engine couldn't support lower res models/textures.  

Most of the config for the old one seemed to be within XML files.  If that's still the case perhaps we could come up with a decent XSL trasformation file to import the old files.  

More research is needed for the structure of each of the files.  Does anyone know if there was ever a DTD or Schema released for the original?

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

whew, over my head.  smile.gif  but would definately like to see more happen here.

CabronZ

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 2
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

user posted image
user posted image

Thats isn't a hack, just a textures replacement and some modifications on .mis file.
But the result is good, i got a new variation of map.

I would like to know if possible add fog on the scenarios, change the day by night we need remake some textures and something on lights render? right? i really dunno...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4