xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Karaoke Revolution Song Importing  (Read 201 times)

Taiso

• Archived User
Karaoke Revolution Song Importing
« on: November 15, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »

I've been tinkering with it, anybody know if this can be done?

GeneriKB

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

even better...I read a review that says there are already a bunch of songs available for download off of xbox live.

Any clue how one could grab those to make them work on a modded xbox?

Taiso

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

What is kinda funny is the audio for those "downloadable" songs are already included in the game, all that is missing is the lyric/voice pitch files n stuff.  So I think all you'd need to do is get those, and add them to the right directories, and edit the config file that lists all the songs.

lostiger

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »

Somebody must know how to do this!

Perhaps if somebody has an Xbox live subscription and does download "the songs", they can compare the new script to the old to decipher the extra scipt to unlock the other songs.  

I heard there actually are a lot more songs in the game.

Molly

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

in the "audio" folder of the game, there's 166 files. each song has 2 files (vocals, bgmusic)

there seems to be like 80 (??) songs,, and only 50 active in the game?!

someone get the live files for these babies!! :D

edit: found this
http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_3750/nl/newsDisp.htm

This post has been edited by Molly: Nov 17 2004, 09:42 PM

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »

*hoping someone gets live baby*

Molly

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 02:21:00 AM »

*boink*

someone get live!! set up a paypal and I can even donate a few $$$ :D

The_Joeba

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »

Donate With Paypal
There are six song packs, at 5 bucks apiece, i will get a song pack each time I get over $5 (remember that Pay Pal takes a percentage)

TheGiver

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »

I've been interested in creating songs for KR since the first version for PS2.  I never got around to doing anything, but I just got it for Xbox, so I decided to take a look.

Each song, in addition to their vox and background tracks, has an information (pitch tempo) file(s) and a MIDI file.  When you load the MIDI file into WinAmp, it comes up with the lyrics to the song in a popup window.

I haven't done any programming in years, but I think I should get back into so we can have some cool songs in the game.  I'm sure my friend's band would do some punk and metal for the background tracks, and then it's just a matter of finding song sheets to get the vocal notes and convert them to the game's format.

Molly

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »

Hey TheGiver - that's a great idea!!  would love to see some punk/rock/alternative songs in addition to all them oldies..

would be so frikkin great to be able to make/import songs!!   about them songpacks.. If MS does as they usually do, You won't be able to copy DownloadedContent that easy. I did a little research, and found that even if you cannot ADD new songs, you can CHANGE the existing ones as long as you have the two wav files, the lyric/pitch/lipsync file.  But then of course the song would show up with the wrong name, but that can also be edited in a script file called "songs" in the /config/ folder!!    :D

edit:  I think the lipsync is the hardest file to make (program),, but anyway- that's not the most important thing, is it?  just make a big AAAAA all the time :)

This post has been edited by Molly: Nov 22 2004, 07:34 PM

ltoolio

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »

Has anyone figured this out yet?  I just picked the game up over the weekend, and I would love to be able to add some more songs to it...

*EDIT*  I just realized that these postings were from the last few days..I thought they were older.  Sorry for the impatience..

This post has been edited by ltoolio: Nov 23 2004, 03:27 PM

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 08:09:00 AM »

Anybody else run across this game not playing the music correctly?  All I get is static noise from all the songs.  The songs/vocals are in there.  Maybe I'll just take it back.

The_Joeba

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »

I've been looking at the live song pack i have so far, but i need more to compare it too. Please remember that i have the PayPal Donate a few posts earlier, that will solve all of our problems!

shznyt

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »

In the songs folder for KR, there are only 55 folders.  1 for each song, plus a couple tutorials.  So I think when you download from Live you are downloading the entire song.  And it seems like most things downloaded on Live will not work on other xboxes. :(

shznyt

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

Here is the listings for a song in the xbox version.  Can someone compare it to the ps2 version and see if they are similar?

Addicted
-gen folder
---addicted_lip.rnd
-addicted.dta
-addicted.ltf
-addicted.mid
-addicted_weights.bin