xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need Help Identifying Modchip  (Read 621 times)

Alex548

• Recovered User
Need Help Identifying Modchip
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Movax @ Jun 24 2012, 09:56 AM) View Post

it's highley unlikely someone would go to the trouble of trying to make an LPC modchip fit under the board. If you don't see a chip (should be very, very obvious), it's TSOP flashed.

SmartXX LT OPX and another chip that I can't remember right now had the ability to be soldered directly to the bottom of the xbox motherboard.

They also had standard pinheader & quick solder options so it's still highly unlikely someone would go about installing them on the underside of the motherboard.

EDIT:
The other chip I was thinking of was the X-Changer v2.5 (wasn't very popular & came out towards the end of the xbox1 life cycle).

X-Changer v2.5 bottom side installation on 1.6 console: http://www.x-changer...c25manual16.jpg

themacmeister

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Movax @ Jun 25 2012, 02:56 AM) *

Not with the evox logo showing, it's highley unlikely someone would go to the trouble of trying to make an LPC modchip fit under the board. If you don't see a chip (should be very, very obvious), it's TSOP flashed.

OK, I had to drill the two screws holding the plastic bracket in place. It has a (small) modchip with 2 wires running from it. There is a single EEPROM chip on the (small) rectangular board, on the EEPROM chip, there is some worn text I cannot make out (curved) over a large number 2.

This looks like the cheapest modchip you can buy, and is probably just a replacement BIOS?

I successfully flashed the XBOX with EvoX m8, and it has been running splendidly.

I'll crack open the case completely, and take some lovely blurry photos, and maybe someone can help identify this.

I am in Australia, and this is a PAL XBOX (v1.5).

back soon with photos!!!

themacmeister

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »

Here it is...

(IMG:http://i.imgur.com/9NQHU.jpg)

Anyone have any instructions for this clone monstrosity?

Oh, and it appears that it is only a 1.4 XBOX :)

Got info from AVALAUNCH :)

Cheers.

This post has been edited by themacmeister: Jun 27 2012, 01:49 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »

Instructions for what, exactly?

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »

Aladdin clone smile.gif

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 01:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Alex548 @ Jun 25 2012, 10:34 PM) View Post

X-Changer v2.5 bottom side installation on 1.6 console: http://www.x-changer...c25manual16.jpg

How odd. The chip was the LPC rebuild.

themacmeister

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2020, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 27 2012, 11:13 AM) *

Instructions for what, exactly?

You know how much of a n00b I am Heimdall :-)

Quite a few modchips allow you to break into the modchip BIOS/OS to do chores like swap drives, format, etc.

Just wondering if this cheap little clone would have anything similar...

PS. The chip did not work whatsoever before a fresh TSOP flash. It was just a regular retail XBOX :-(

Does the TSOP flash require the modchip?

If not, what the hell is the modchip doing in there? I assume it is broken. Wouldn't be the first Aladdin 2 to go that way :-)

I read somewhere you can access the BIOS by holding the power button in on start, but I have tried that already, twice... no go.

PS. Tried this before the TSOP flash

Any info gratefully accepted...  cheers.

This post has been edited by themacmeister: Yesterday, 02:43 AM

XBOX360NYMODING

• Recovered User
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »

i have seen those chips before - if the chip was dead then come one must have try and reflashed with and did it with the wrong bios.

for a tsop would dont need a modchip u could solder 2 points and use a memory card + 007 smile.gif

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 05:04:00 AM »

You really are making this up as you go along. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(themacmeister @ Jun 28 2012, 02:35 AM) View Post
The chip did not work whatsoever before a fresh TSOP flash. It was just a regular retail XBOX
Completely untrue:
QUOTE(themacmeister @ Jun 17 2012, 08:53 AM) View Post
This one has an EvoX stamp in the top left corner of startup screen (the blob).
Hence the Xbox was already modded, it was simply missing a dashboard.

Quite a few modchips allow you to break into the modchip BIOS/OS to do chores like swap drives, format, etc.
The Alladin doesn't, and even on the chips that do you aren't "breaking into the modchip BIOS/OS", you are running a chip console app.

Does the TSOP flash require the modchip?
No, and you didn't flash the TSOP, you simply reflashed the chip.

I read somewhere you can access the BIOS by holding the power button in on start, but I have tried that already, twice... no go.
Again, I read somewhere that Elvis was alive and living on the moon, that doesn't make it true. Stop flogging this dead horse - just because the X3 and the SmartXX support this doesn't mean that your chip will. The Aladdin (real or clone) doesn't have a chip console app.

Your chip is a standard, simple container for a 256kB BIOS. It is wired to be on permanently. Nothing more.

louiemarques

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2020, 07:46:00 AM »

thanks for the info...

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 03:57:00 AM »

Modchip and TSOP are essentially the same thing, just one is on the motherboard and one isn't. Neither is safer.

Adding a larger hard drive is really easy with a chipped/flashed Xbox. Install the new disk, boot with HeXEn, select option "3.5.2. Clean C partition after TSOP flash".

That's it. Really staightforward, no hotswapping involved.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 07:13:00 AM »

None taken. Slayers is fine, just no good if your hard drive is larger than 256GB. It also has some older BIOSes that you should avoid.

themacmeister

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »

Thanks for the detailed info.

I am thinking of using an IDE->SATA adaptor, are there any issues I might need to check on first?

Much easier to find a SATA drive these days. Actually, just came into possession of a 250GB Maxtor.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(themacmeister @ Jul 6 2012, 06:23 PM) View Post

I am thinking of using an IDE->SATA adaptor, are there any issues I might need to check on first?

You won't like the results.  Just get a 320GB IDE drive, and it should be more than suitable for most purposes.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 05:29:00 AM »

not all sata to ide adapters will work.
generally they need a jumper setting on them like an IDE drive does..
Some people will tell you there preferences.. I dont have any links but its usualy called something like sata to ide mini adapter.

its also usualy easier to make it work if your using a 2.5 inch SATA drive. thats purley for actualy making things fit easy.

some of the sata adapters will also want to short out due to exposed solder points. so you may want to tape those up 1st.
Pages: 1 [2]